Discussion - Legendary Dragon Slayer Acnologia | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Legendary Dragon Slayer Acnologia

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
is

your favorite :teehee
That might be interesting. We might get to see Natsu brooding for a very extended period given how imperfect the original DS was. Don't get me wrong she is a very talented mage and I believe She can definitely pass down Natsu the ways of brooding and failure,

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
That might be interesting. We might get to see Natsu brooding for a very extended period given how imperfect the original DS was. Don't get me wrong she is a very talented mage and I believe She can definitely pass down Natsu the ways of brooding and failure,
hey at least we got a badass Black Dragon :super

not that he was one dimensional asf :cheez

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I kind of wish Acno came out of Natsu's ass or something and beat the crap out Ignia. That arrogant child needs to get the Igneel treatment lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also Acno is the GOAT of the series. His design, power, presence, and just literally everything about the character screamed badassery to the max. If only he wasn't in Alvarez and was just saved until the 100YQ then he wouldn't have gotten Plot-arm Natsu to the face :bnah

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That's on Mashima for overpowering tf out of Acnologia and/or not giving enough power to the guild.

What is? I'm sure Laxus looks up to, if not admires, Natsu.
So that makes him a fanboy?

atlantisreturns

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I kind of wish Acno came out of Natsu's ass or something and beat the crap out Ignia. That arrogant child needs to get the Igneel treatment lol.

Also Acno is the GOAT of the series. His design, power, presence, and just literally everything about the character screamed badassery to the max. If only he wasn't in Alvarez and was just saved until the 100YQ then he wouldn't have gotten Plot-arm Natsu to the face :bnah
You should read Invisible Dragon then.

It's like the Alvarez arc was completely inspired from Invisible Dragon. Just think of Acnologia as the protagonist. It's a good short story , don't hesitate to read it because it's short.

Here's the link for ya : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/invisible-dragon/

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India

Acnologia should've been the final antagonist of 100YQ, honestly.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So that makes him a fanboy?
Methinkso, or to a lighter degree. I mean, Natsu did change Laxus with his power of friendship talk no jutsu and overcame impossible situations

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Methinkso, or to a lighter degree. I mean, Natsu did change Laxus with his power of friendship talk no jutsu and overcame impossible situations
Using that logic, Natsu is Laxus' worshipper

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Oookay. I don't blame Natsu, Laxus is superior and manly after all.

But anyway, if Mashima was going to continue the series, he could have had Acnologia survive or at least, not fight Natsu and others yet. Give Natsu and others plenty of time to either get stronger or find a weakness. Would have liked to see Acnologia fight Zeref though.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Most badass character in FT and had the most epic death in all anime history. He didn't have single scratch on him when he died.
Which is why I think Acno didn't die at all. More Evidence points to otherwise.

He's probably just sealed by Fairy Sphere and hence 'disintegrated' (the spell erases those under it's effect, until it wears off). There is a good chance that Acno will be the final villain of the 100 YQ, after the Fairy Sphere conveniently wears off and releases Acno towards the end of the series.

Imagine Acno coming back, in all his glory, and giving cocky Ignia the Igneel or God Serena treatment? That would be hype AF :pogchamp :pogchamp (of course Ignia should have his arc and showcase all his glory before that, or else it'll be lame and wasted potential, like God Serena)

^^
But anyway, if Mashima was going to continue the series, he could have had Acnologia survive or at least, not fight Natsu and others yet. Give Natsu and others plenty of time to either get stronger or find a weakness. Would have liked to see Acnologia fight Zeref though.
He likely did survive, and is currently just being sealed by Fairy Sphere. Fairy Sphere is what caused him to 'lose' after all, 7 DS were nothing more than insects to him
--- Double Post Merged, ---

even in the future, he didn't come out of hiding.
Future Rouge's timeline?

Maybe did and got killed all the same. Acnologia ruled the ENTIRE WORLD, not just Ishgar

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Acnologia in terms of badassery was one of the best villains. Anytime you see this guy only thing in your mind is death and run away. He's legit apocalypse. He's a force of nature. He fought an entire continent hell he fought the whole verse and they couldn't do shit to him. In terms of power and strength acnologia shouldn't be compared to anybody in the OG series. This guy was a true menace. THE BLACK DRAGON OF APOCALYPSE

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Random thought. Acno's the dragon of magic, naturally making him highly resistant to all magic attacks, but as established earlier in the series, God Slayer Magic overrides Dragon Slayer resistance. The ds also can't eat a God Slayer's element without emptying their magic container (which is risky).

This means that in theory, any God Slayer as strong as Acno stands a good chance of beating him (or at least, his human form)

Last edited:

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Random thought. Acno's the dragon of magic, naturally making him highly resistant to all magic attacks, but as established earlier in the series, God Slayer Magic overrides Dragon Slayer resistance. The ds also can't eat a God Slayer's element without emptying their magic container (which is risky).

This means that in theory, any God Slayer as strong as Acno stands a good chance of beating him (or at least, his human form)
That could have been a decent strategy given Mashima did get the set up in early (in fact in the same arc as Acno is introduced). Unfortunately it would have meant Natsu wasn’t the one to defeat him which even if he was willing to entertain it probably wouldn’t have gone down well with a chunk of the fandom. Nevertheless I do like the idea, Natsu was and should have stayed tied up with the Zeref/END plot, and actually entrusting an important part of the battle to Fairy Tail’s allies with Chelia and Orga as the vanguard would’ve really improved the final arc. I guess the problem is having either of the known god slayers actually being believably strong enough to take down this:
Acnologia in terms of badassery was one of the best villains. Anytime you see this guy only thing in your mind is death and run away. He's legit apocalypse. He's a force of nature. He fought an entire continent hell he fought the whole verse and they couldn't do shit to him. In terms of power and strength acnologia shouldn't be compared to anybody in the OG series. This guy was a true menace. THE BLACK DRAGON OF APOCALYPSE
They were introduced quite late as it was… I suppose their connection to Laxus/ Wendy could’ve helped (dragon god mode?) but it would be a stretch. Introducing another god slayer would have also been difficult after the GMG, especially one on that level.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
That could have been a decent strategy given Mashima did get the set up in early (in fact in the same arc as Acno is introduced). Unfortunately it would have meant Natsu wasn’t the one to defeat him which even if he was willing to entertain it probably wouldn’t have gone down well with a chunk of the fandom. Nevertheless I do like the idea, Natsu was and should have stayed tied up with the Zeref/END plot, and actually entrusting an important part of the battle to Fairy Tail’s allies with Chelia and Orga as the vanguard would’ve really improved the final arc. I guess the problem is having either of the known god slayers actually being believably strong enough to take down this:

They were introduced quite late as it was… I suppose their connection to Laxus/ Wendy could’ve helped (dragon god mode?) but it would be a stretch. Introducing another god slayer would have also been difficult after the GMG, especially one on that level.
In an imo ideal scenario Zancrow's god flames would've assimilated with Natsu's dragon flames to the point where the latter gained a bit of its resistance-negating properties. That, possibly combined with Natsu's curse flames could've allowed him to hurt Acno (had he been strong enough)

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure GS magic overrides dragon resistance. How strong the DS and GS are would also factor into this. IIRC gods haven't been shown to be specifically stronger than dragons so far. Their showings outside of chronos are rather lackluster at best. Ankseram is of course a major figure but it's role is rather wonky... Even looking at wendy and shelia both types of slayers seem roughly comparable.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I am not sure GS magic overrides dragon resistance. How strong the DS and GS are would also factor into this. IIRC gods haven't been shown to be specifically stronger than dragons so far. Their showings outside of chronos are rather lackluster at best. Ankseram is of course a major figure but it's role is rather wonky... Even looking at wendy and shelia both types of slayers seem roughly comparable.
Well yeah, the god slayer would have to be Acno level to be effective. Regarding the resistance override, I'm thinking of Natsu vs Zancrow. The latter was able to bypass Natsu's fire resistance with his God Slayer Magic. A strong enough God Slayer (of any type) would logically be able to bypass (human) Acno's magic resistance in a similar fashion.

Dragon Acno is a different story, though. He'll have dragon scales to protect him, which GS magic probably can't bypass.

Last edited: