Voting Round 3 - Kouka vs. Raphtalia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Kouka vs. Raphtalia

Who wins?

• Kouka

• Raphtalia

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Kouka
Gintama
Raphtalia
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Best luck asa-chan :zomg !

Please give a chance to kouka, she’s really awesome, kouka is caring nice , and she’s the one who sacrificed everything to her lover and her children, shes such a loyal and loving waifu to her family, also personnality wise, i think kouka is one of the more interesting around. Kouka is not a main character, not even a secondary character, shes a minor character of the story, but shes so impactful not only because shes one of the stronger Gintama's female character, but also because shes independant, she got a wonderful personnality, and shes just so gorgeous ! ♥

summary by wiki

Personnality :

Kouka appears cold at first, acting rather hostile to Umibouzu when they first met, ignoring Umibouzu's pursuit and attacking him when he sexually harassed her without looking in his direction. She also seems to be expressionless, possibly due to years of living in solitude.
She also has a terrifying side and Umibouzu fears her greatly. Mutsu describes their domestic situation as "the strongest man in the universe becomes the weakest at home." Umibouzu and Kamui are shown fleeing from Kouka in a flashback. However Kouka also loves her family very much, even willing to risk her life to stay by their side despite knowing that it will eventually cause her death.

Story :

Kouka appeared when Umibouzu was in the midst of fighting Orochi, defeating the creature with ease. Before she left the lovestruck man, Kouka corrected his thinking by stating how Kouan was still thriving and that he should not measure the planet by his own standards. She then told Umibouzu to leave and not disturb Orochi that went aggressive due to his intrusion. She then attempt to quieten the creature down, which went on for three days and nights with Umibouzu by her side throughout. After exchanging words, Kouka introduced herself and welcomed the man back at any time as he wished. From then on they started having frequent interactions, and Kouka started developing feelings for Umibouzu. She eventually decided to follow him and left Kouan to start a family together.

Kouka led a normal life taking care of her family after settling down on Rakuyou. However her health deteriorated after giving birth to Kagura and she became bedridden since. It was also revealed that the Yato family was ostracised by the Rakuyou residents as a result of her failing health. Despite knowing her inevitable death, Kouka did not regret her decision to leave Kouan and expressed her wishes to be with her family till the end. Kouka's condition worsened after witnessing the confrontation between her husband and son, with the latter leaving home as a result of losing. Before drawing her last breath, she envisioned her whole family being by her side and was glad at how they could finally visit the Earth together.

Kouka later appeared again as Kamui's illusion while he lie on Kagura's lap after his defeat.

1st round campaign : here
2nd round campaign : here

Video i did last year :

link in case its not readable on the post.
Music source and credits: Ginpatsu no shounen (Hxh 2011) by Yoshihisa Hirano
Code:
https://streamable.com/9wuda

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

"Rafuuu"
"I'm here today to tell you campaign about my master raphtalia will be coming later on, for those wondering who am I, I'm a familiar made out raphtalia and naofumi that represents the deep trust between both of them and how much they care about each others and because of it i came out more powerful than normal familiar "
"Just like last time will be using the ending theme in my campaign so plz listen to it before the real campaign here"

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@Erinyes deserves this win.

Besides, I am not fond of a girl who is a Holo Exyp.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Erinyes deserves this win.

Besides, I am not fond of a girl who is a Holo Exyp.

Because Kouka doesnt appear a lot in themanga/and its adaptation, heres most of the very few key moments she makes an appearance in the anime (its basically summarize her story)
(will have to split the post into 2 parts because theres 6 videos)
videos

Part 1 meeting

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

videos 2

Part 2 - Happy family life

--- Double Post Merged, ---

ok ill only put the link hopefully it will work.

videos (3)

Part 3- And...

video 'im no hero not even a father figure : here

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Have always supported Kouka all the way every time Erin nominated her. She's actual real waifu material, and Erin displays the reasons well in her campaigns. Kouka's time has come this year. Do the right thing! :cheerbunny

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Both Erin and Asako did a really good campaigning

But i promised Asako i will support her so sorry Erin.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
*Deep breath*

Here I go, even if my opponent is kouka, I will not give up, I'll show why raphtalia is waifu material and why she deserve all love.

For I asako have a dream, to make raphtalia chan shine brighter than she already shine

In this world where both of these people lost everything to them

And yet together they builded back everything that they lost, and got back more...

And that is why as long as they are together, nothing can stop them

Previous campaign of round 2
Previous ending 1 song campaign

"No matter how rough the path, I will follow you. I believe in you."
-Raphtalia

Raphtalia is an extremely loyal women determined, kind and caring especially to the one she loves, she is willing to put her live on the line if it means the good of her loved one, no matter the means.

She is the perfect partner in life to naofumi, as he saved her many times and she saved him many times, without each other they couldn't be even alive.
She is the reason that nao can control his shield of wrath to a certain point, if it weren't for her....the curse could have slowly made nao lose his sanity making go berserk, the shield then will start to take control of him, using him and his life to the point of breaking him and then causing his death
She was willing to curse herself to save nao form himself as she had a feeling if she didn't nao that she knows will be gone

She perfectly understand him to the point of sometimes managing to read his mind, she knows him so well, when he happy, when he angry, when he thinking of crazy ideas, even when he puts on a poker face, and that's because of how much they trust each other and care deeply, nothing can crush this bond.

Knowing all his feelings and insecurities, understanding his feelings and not pushing because of it.
Malty really did a number on naofumi psychologically, because of her, nao is extremely uncomfortable to anything love related, making him denying his damn feeling (nao all light novel reader know you love raphtalia back, we know, he literally comment every time a new girl appear that he don't find her as beautiful as raphtalia, or the fact that he gets externallyyyyy worried about her, this guy isn't dense he understands, he just in a really hard denial about his feelings and raphtalias doesn't help that the curse serie, warth make him suppressor his emotions )
And yet raphtalia does give him space when needed, but also try hard to heal him and make him realise the truth.
Nao also have sleep deprivation, can only sleep for a short time and if someone come close to him while he sleeping he wake up immediately, raph understanding that never come close to him while he sleeping, and if someone was try and come close even to allies (aka filo wanting to sleep with master ) she doesn't let them and try her best to keep them far away as possible form him to not make him immediately wake up while he already have sleep problems.

Someone who always stay by the side of the one she loves no matter what

always there for you in need, in times of suffering and happiness, sharing those feelings together,
when in sadness, she there to consult you,

when in happiness, she there to make you feel even happier

Someone who you can lean on and trust

She is a really kind hearted person...

But that doesn't mean she will figure anyone naively, isn't that kinda character, not so prefect as to forgive everyone because dare to hurt her deared ones, prepare yourself to face raphtalia warth and hated

To the one who hurted her and caused the death of her best friend after torture

:emocat

To the one who hurted naofumi

But even after all that suffering, she will always keep on smiling no matter what, for those who are close to her, for naofumi

Even holy katanas like raphtalia, yeeting form someone (that nao call trash#2) to go to her
Imagine some dude pulling a legendary katana Excalibur style just for it to say "nope" and fly to raphtalia hands instead :XD
That katana sure knows how to choice it's owner

She also managed with nao help to rebuild her lost promise, rebuild her village and save all the villages that were taking slave and even those unrelated slave, she saved them all with naofumi, a place where now all demi human slave can live happily, work and have a normal life.
She fullied her parent wish, her promise to the villagers and her promise to rifana and rebuilded back everything with the flag that all villagers longed for.
A place now called rock valley

She a real beauty, being able to look good in anything she wears

Controlling the power of light and darkness, a natural master at illusions

but also a natural master in cuteness

There's a legend that says

For she can nom

For she can wag

For she can ear flap

For she can love to the point of

But most importantly for she can smile like a ray of sunshine

Will continue later on the music campaign...

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thats it, Im reading Tate no Yuusha this summer :lambirb
That campaigning post is top notch.

I mean, one of them is a ten year old girl, so yeah.
It was already explained that she's not 10 year old mentally.

Voting for Raphtalia, but if Erin's Kouka passes I'll be happy aswell, one just can't make the right choice in this round.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
It's time for the continuation

"Rafuuu"
"I'm here today to tell you campaign about my master raphtalia will be coming later on, for those wondering who am I, I'm a familiar made out raphtalia and naofumi that represents the deep trust between both of them and how much they care about each others and because of it i came out more powerful than normal familiar "
"Just like last time will be using the ending theme in my campaign so plz listen to it before the real campaign here"
In a daily life of travail

They lived, despite the difficulties as merchandise

With Filo ability to attract costumer

With Raphtalia ability to deal with customer well

And with naofumi to sleep ability to make medicines and accessories

Even so work never got in the way of raphtalia love

Falling in love again and again

Never letting go of that feeling or him

Forever being close to him

Together...

atashi ga tonari ni iru uchi ni

This road that I got used to walking on
The flower that I almost overlooked flutters.
I took things for granted and
I wonder how much I overlooked what was important to me.

I wonder when you and I
Will disappear like bubbles, without leaving a trace.
At least until that day, please listen to my selfishness
But, I can't say it, can't bring myself to say it.

Aaah..~

While I'm besides you,
Please love me more
Sorry for being greedy
But I want to drown in your love.

While I'm besides you,
Please love me more.
With my feelings that seem to overflow,
I want to blanket you

The rain fell and I lost my goal..
"What kind of punishment is this?" I glare at the sky
I've been so unlucky, so I hated everyone, Hidden form you, so pathetic

Envy, grudge, resentment
Such shitty lies, I wish they would all disappear
What should I believe in? I can't believe in anything..There's nothing to believe in anymore..

Oh ohhh~

While you're here with me,
please tell me more of your love
Sorry for being greedy,
But I want to drown in your love

While you're here with me,
please tell me more of your love
With my feelings that seem to overflow
I want to blanket you.

You laugh and laugh
You're laughing
If the reason for that laugh
It would be nice if that reason was me

You cry and cry
Even those tears that you shed..
For everything!
I want to be the reason for all of that

AaaaAaah~

While I'm besides you,
Please love me more
Sorry for being greedy
But I want to drown in your love.

While I'm besides you,
Please love me more.
With my feelings that seem to overflow,
I want to blanket you :lovebunny

This ending is just pure sweetness, when I first heard this ending I couldn't stop smiling, the way raphtalia expresses her feelings is just sweet, too sweet.
There's nothing really to explain in this ending, just raphtalia lovable feelings to naofumi, and how she was before she meet him with the lost goal part, tho it's not the focuse of the ending.
So all I can say is enjoy raphtalia overflowing feelings of love and just how sweet this ending is overall

And with that all I wish that you all give this lovely girl full of love a chance

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Both waifus are great but going for Raphtalia. Asako's has been really passionate with her campaigns, even against a super passionate rival like Erin . Besides, Raphtalia looks like a strong and cute girl just like her nominator! :hug

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Thats it, Im reading Tate no Yuusha this summer :lambirb
That campaigning post is top notch.

It was already explained that she's not 10 year old mentally.

Voting for Raphtalia, but if Erin's Kouka passes I'll be happy aswell, one just can't make the right choice in this round.
Tanya isn’t ten years old mentally either, so what’s your argument?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Have always supported Kouka all the way every time Erin nominated her. She's actual real waifu material, and Erin displays the reasons well in her campaigns. Kouka's time has come this year. Do the right thing! :cheerbunny
I'm sorry Asa, but I just have to vote for Kouka :( Raphtalia is good too ofc, voted for her every round so far, but Kouka is on another level for me. And bc I will support Erin until the end
wow thanks both of you for your support i really appreciate it :zomg

congrats @Asako you re doing an amazing campaign :zomg
I ve never watched tate anime but i know its uber popular, Asako's campaign claearly makes obvious that Raphtalia is highly popular and a great female character, but from the infos i got, shes definitely not exactly what i called the best waifu material out there. Out of repect for Asa-chan, i ll avoid mentioning the turnoff points about her hybridity and her being childish.

But tbh im not convinced with her relationship with her crush, according to wikia he bought her (for wtv reasons ) and raised her and he consider her as his own daughter, to me the whole thing is totally weird, especially because he is her father figure, and to me her devotion to him is closest to one's servant than what i would expect from a waifu, and somehow it makes me uneasy... but well. :errr

Status
Not open for further replies.