Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 203 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 203 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

TylerHawke

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tldr: while this chapter as a standalone was pretty good, what led up to this was not.

That's all it was. If the anime gets this far in adapting the manga then I hope they go a much more creative route.

This isnt to shit on anyone who liked this chapter, by all means I'm glad you like. For me personally the ending brought my overall enjoyment of the series down. I was even considering buying all the manga volumes in bulk once the series ended but I'm glad I didnt spend my money yet ( kind of like food wars & promised Neverland )

For now I'll just wait for the movie and enjoy that because I know it'll be amazing.

Relda

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I am tired of fairy tale happy endings
the reason for this is poor fans
everything should be fine everything should be fine go go read mario
I'm really upset that it's such a stupid finale :DD. SAD STORY
it's no different from bleach, it's a disgusting beyond stupid end
A truly disappointing wonderful infrastructure could have been made up of a more satisfying story

EDİT TRANSLATE

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I am tired of fairy tale happy endings
the reason for this is poor fans
everything should be fine everything should be fine go go read mario
I'm really upset that it's such a stupid finale :DD. SAD STORY
it's no different from bleach, it's a disgusting beyond stupid end
A truly disappointing wonderful infrastructure could have been made up of a more satisfying story

EDİT TRANSLATE
Never heard of a Fairy Tale Ending in which all the villains/antagonists are dead, half of the main cast is dead and the other half is going to die in the near future due to the after-effects of the marks, but whatever...

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Speaking of it, Muzan's probably wrong about Tanjirou dying from the mark; my assumption's always been that the sole survivor from manifesting the mark is the one the starts it all and resonates with others - it was Yoriichi, and now it's going to be Tanjirou.
Something else that points to this development is the fact that none of the other three "senses" have awakened the mark, meaning Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao will likely live a long life, and I don't see our protagonist being the odd one out.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Speaking of it, Muzan's probably wrong about Tanjirou dying from the mark; my assumption's always been that the sole survivor from manifesting the mark is the one the starts it all and resonates with others - it was Yoriichi, and now it's going to be Tanjirou.
Something else that points to this development is the fact that none of the other three "senses" have awakened the mark, meaning Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao will likely live a long life, and I don't see our protagonist being the odd one out.
Yorichi lived well beyond what the mark allowed so to speak but on the other hand he was actually born with it. To me this looks more like yorichi was uniquely suited to use breaths and marks... That said, himejima acquired the mark and lived longer than what other marked people supposedly live so odds are this really depends on the person... and perhaps the breaths they are suited for. My general assumption is that tanjiro will live longer than 25 years old but not necessarily a long life. Even under the best of circumstances, he is marked and has had his body consistently endure massive trauma. It's not really a recipe for a long and happy life. Also, to me it feels like the author not having tanjiro die here is about as much a happy ending as he can give and won't give that much more.

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If MC has immunity, I don’t see why to remind about this line again.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tldr: while this chapter as a standalone was pretty good, what led up to this was not.
This is basically how I feel. Muzan was, unfortunately, a bland antagonist, especially when compared to his underlings.

The idea behind him is sound, but he needed more. Thematically, it works, but it just wasn't executed well.

That being said, it isn't the worst conclusion out there. And I expected the final chapter (or 2?) to tie a nice bow on things.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me it feels a bit like the author went "Ok, how many people in the cast do I have to murder so that I can keep tanjiro alive?". And he just kinda went with "most".

aaannnnannan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Sorry but isn’t the climax the most important point of the story ? So there is gonna be a plot twist or it’s just the end ? Cause in order to finish the volume there should be 2 more chapters , and I don’t know if they are enough

raytheartist

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry but isn’t the climax the most important point of the story ? So there is gonna be a plot twist or it’s just the end ? Cause in order to finish the volume there should be 2 more chapters , and I don’t know if they are enough
the climax just ended and there were already many plot twists throughout this arc. so there will most likely be one or two more chapters to finish the series.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah that was rushed but still, I liked the chapter. I wonder what will happen to Yushiro now? He is the only Demon left isn't he?

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yeah that was rushed but still, I liked the chapter. I wonder what will happen to Yushiro now? He is the only Demon left isn't he?
There are likely to be others, albeit weak.

I would love if he carried on Tamayo's will and tried to save the remaining demons.

Taiyoo

Reaction score
Country
Romania
So as i can see, tanjiro arm might still be there but he's blind now in his right eye.

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So as i can see, tanjiro arm might still be there but he's blind now in his right eye.
Yeah, he does have his arm. A Kakushi is holding his hand. But he has both eyes also

aaannnnannan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Yeah, he does have his arm. A Kakushi is holding his hand. But he has both eyes also
No , if you look at his eyes you will see that one his full black and the other black and white , so the full black one didn’t regenerate

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Off topic Muzan would have win this war and Become complete immortal, had Akaza didn t kill himself. Its too bad for Muzan. Thanks god Akaza kill himself. This war would been logically Muzan victory If Akaza didn t kill himself.

Him trying to Turn Tanjiro is out of desperation and kinda stupid but he didn t have choice. He should known Tanjiro wouldn t want to live forever and become invincible its was never in Tanjiro character to be like that.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
The one thing that annoyed me was, when it all started they basically said that none of the numbered demons had ever been killed...and then in one night they basically all got smoked lol. Manga writer just wanted to end things I think, so the end game was a bit rushed. It didn't have the feel of Full Metal Alchemist, another "short" manga, but the entire endgame felt so well planned and executed.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Imo not all the fights against the Upper Moons were rushed. The ones of Kokushibou and Akaza were pretty long. I agree the battles against Douma and Kaigaku were slightly rushed, though. Muzan battle wasn't really rushed, just boring. Nakime was nonexisting, so I don't count her.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, Akaza and Koku basically killed themselves. As for Douma, he died because of his gluttony and also for fucking around way too much. All the top 3 Upper Moons could have won their respective fights under normal circumstances and considering they were up against teams formed by some of the best of the best Pillars since the Sengoku Era, it speaks volumes of their strength IMO. Gotouge had to nerf them somehow and I'm not even going to talk about Muzan and the almighty drug that saved everyone from being rekt by him.