Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 201 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 201 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
No as in TnJ so that he dies as he remembers his humanity... I would actually like that ending lmao (but that could just be me)
Nah I don t want that to happen. Killing him is impossible at this point anyway for numbers of reasons.

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It would not be more beautiful to end with Tanjiro maintaining his humanity and saying goodbye to Nezuko, instead of Tanjiro demon king and Nezuko training to be a demon slayer and have an epic fight against Tanjiro entitled to super powers and destruction of cities ?
I don't believe there are people defending.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
It would not be more beautiful to end with Tanjiro maintaining his humanity and saying goodbye to Nezuko, instead of Tanjiro demon king and Nezuko training to be a demon slayer and have an epic fight against Tanjiro entitled to super powers and destruction of cities ?
That is if they can kill him or stop him at this point.

Lets just wait and see

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That is if they can kill him or stop him at this point.

Lets just wait and see
I don't think you understood what I said.

I always defend kimetsu from people who complained about Muzan's fight but now it's difficult. This is a very bad path that the author took.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria

I always defend kimetsu from people who complained about Muzan's fight but now it's difficult. This is a very bad path that the author took.
Again trying to force your opinions on me? Don t bother I won t change my mind

Lets just wait and see how series ends. We are jumping conclusion far too much. Leave this discussion until next week.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Again trying to force your opinions on me? Don t bother I won t change my mind

Lets just wait and see how series ends. We are jumping conclusion far too much. Leave this discussion until next week.
I am not to blame if you can't stand people to criticize or manga you like.

I will not change my opinion either, it was a bad decision. I want to be wrong, because I hope the author of a beautiful ending to this story, but prolonging it would be bad.

ceasar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Like others have said this chapter will set up a nezuko and tanjiro meeting with tanjiro regaining his humanity and being killed/dying or being treated with the drug. Nezuko will sacrifice her life as in staying with tanjiro for the rest of her life and caring for him. This brings the story full circle and the bonds that they have ultimately bring an end to the demon threat.

GoatXr

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Right, because it's very expected of a person to kill his only friend with no hesitation whatsoever.
Yeah when you value other people lives are in danger. You have to let you personal feelings go. Don’t you understand? You’ll just let innocents die.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Your opinion. I think it’s great(my opinion) we all got different opinions

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah when you value other people lives are in danger. You have to let you personal feelings go. Don’t you understand? You’ll just let innocents die.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Your opinion. I think it’s great(my opinion) we all got different opinions
I know you have your opinion and I respect it. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion, as they are accusing me. I just want to give my opinion.

Ebrietas-

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Bruh...This Demon Tanjiro stuff is obviously getting dealt with in just a couple more chapters with Nezuko arriving to the battlefield and using talk no jutsu to get him to his senses.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
At least Muzan is dead, there is no transfer of his consciousness. Now obviously this situation can also solved by Nezuko, but I am curious to see how the author will handle it.

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So Muzan died but tried to pass on his demon powers and make Tanjirou into Muzan 2. Surprising, but cool. It's honestly an interesting twist on Muzan's character arc to have him be forced to try to put his dream in the hands of someone else, and this continues the fighting in a way that could still be totally believable. He's not going to suddenly shoot out 10+ tentacles and start slicing up everything like Muzan did, no way, would've already happened this chapter if it could, so he's still a totally beatable enemy. It'll probably only be a few chapters longer.

The most important thing for me is that this still lets there be a climactic finale and it all fits the relations between Nezuko and Tanjirou, this time around she will get to save Tanjirou from being a Demon instead of the other way around. Heck, he could even regain his sanity midfight! Or Nezuko could end up having to kill him, anything's possible.

I totally called it when last week I noted how the baby had a swollen belly like a womb, and Tanjirou was in it. Muzan played everything well. Lots of us suspected he'd become a demon at some point. And Muzan's reasoning is the one I gave, as well, "He can conquer the sun, just like his sister". ZEhahahahahah! That's right! Teach predicted all of this! It's all part of my plan for 2020! Zehahahah!

Now, what will happen next? I legit don't know for sure. Let the chaos flow, Gater-sensei!
Welp, I'm glad to have been wrong on this one. It wasn't possession but it was pretty close, and it lets there be a climactic finale instead of Baby-Muzan being the last antagonist showing. I think Nezuko now has a really good chance to show up and try to save him in the same way as he saved Nezuko from demonification in the past. It'd be really fitting IMO for her to do that and try to save him without killing him like he did earlier.

misterchaos

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
We will discover next chapter the fifth effect of Tamayo’s drug, one that prevents the passage of muzan´s blood and abilities to another human. We will have just to wait a few chapters for the effect to kick in. A countermeasure only activated if the previous 4 stages did not work.

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, as always, the discussion slows down or stops after the official translations are out. Either way, might as well see if we can get to page 20 finally. Either in this discussion or the next chapters.

But I predict that Giyuu is gonna stop Tanjirou from killing Inosuke since he’s literally right on the floor next to him. For some reason, I feel like he’s gonna be the one to cut off Demonjirou’s head, but then he’ll probably heal himself from that confirming that there isn’t any way of killing him, and right when he goes in for the kill, maybe that’s when Nezuko is gonna come in. She’s either gonna go for the suicide move and jump in front of him when he’s going to deliver a killing blow, or call out his name, thus slowing him down enough for Giyuu to get away, or just stop him totally in his tracks.

A part of me feels like when we see Nezuko we’re gonna get Full Demon Nezuko vs Tanjirou though, and that’s gonna be either her entrance into this part of the story, or she’s gonna go Full Demon Mode after Demonjirou “kills” her in his fit of madness after just becoming a Demon, thus beginning a blood bath of a fight since we know Nezuko’s blood basically “hates” Muzan’s blood, and Demonjirou is full of it right now. Maybe mid-fight it becomes either a playful game between them, or Demonjirou finally comes back to his senses somehow after fighting off Muzan’s influence. Either way, we see our boy Tanjirou come back and get whatever typical Shonen ending they put on this series.

What do you guys think? Since everyone wants to discuss how the series is gonna end how’s about we talk about the next chapter? Or couple of chapters? There’s a lot of ways it can go. Let’s discuss that instead lol. We keep talking about the ending instead of HOW we get to the ending.

Last edited:

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Bleach and shokugeki no souma, were two manga that prolonged the story and ended up disappointing the fans and also with a drop in sales.
bleach could have ended in the arrankar and souma arc at Erina's father's arc.
If Nezuko happens to become a demon slayer and Tanjiro becomes the new villain in the story, it will not be interesting. It will just be a repetition of ideas that can harm the manga.
It may seem interesting at first, but after a few chapters it will be boring and repetitive, just like the complaints of Muzan's struggle and at some point the author will lose her hand in history. I've seen complaints in Muzan's fight that the manga was starting to get repetitive if it extended with Nezuko running from side to side fighting random demons until it reached Tanjiro, it will also be repetitive and tiring.
Not everyone is One piece or Hajime on ippo to prolong the story, there is a history that is better not to prolong even with a lot of money, there is a slam dunk that doesn't let you lie, Inoue could have prolonged the story and didn't do it.

Serway

Reaction score
Country
Greece
There's not gonna be a next arc, I'm pretty much confident about that. KNY should've ended at ch. 200 with a few color pages showing Tanjiro's farewell and the future he entrusted to Nezuko and their friends. This is probably what's been happening now, except we're getting a few more chapters for it. Anyway, it's not paving the way to a new arc with demon king Tanjiro as the villain. We are merely getting what the author promised when she said "The story will have a tragic ending."

Tragic because- Tanjiro already died once, but now his friends are being called to kill him a second time. They don't want to, but they have to.

IMO it shows what a monstrous presence Muzan had in the story, because even in death he's set to cause even more grief and pain to others by having them turn their swords towards their loved ones.

Taska

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
We are merely getting what the author promised when she said "The story
When exactly did she promised that? I just don't really remember that info from the volumes.

GoatXr

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
There's not gonna be a next arc, I'm pretty much confident about that. KNY should've ended at ch. 200 with a few color pages showing Tanjiro's farewell and the future he entrusted to Nezuko and their friends. This is probably what's been happening now, except we're getting a few more chapters for it. Anyway, it's not paving the way to a new arc with demon king Tanjiro as the villain. We are merely getting what the author promised when she said "The story will have a tragic ending."

Tragic because- Tanjiro already died once, but now his friends are being called to kill him a second time. They don't want to, but they have to.

IMO it shows what a monstrous presence Muzan had in the story, because even in death he's set to cause even more grief and pain to others by having them turn their swords towards their loved ones.
I respectfully disagree, because your talking like you know this fact. While you don’t know. This is just your theory, your theory that you hoping will happen. Which you could totally be wrong, but you also might right. But you don’t know. My theory is way different than yours, from my point of view I see more arcs coming because I just can’t see this situation being solve out in the next couple chapters. But that’s my theory, I can easily be wrong. That’s all.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I respectfully disagree, because your talking like you know this fact. While you don’t know. This is just your theory, your theory that you hoping will happen. Which you could totally be wrong, but you also might right. But you don’t know. My theory is way different than yours, from my point of view I see more arcs coming because I just can’t see this situation being solve out in the next couple chapters. But that’s my theory, I can easily be wrong. That’s all.
But the problem is just more bows coming.
Last year there were many complaints about shokugeki no souma, together because the story was prolonged.
We have seen several examples of manga that got worse after extra time.
Are we going to have a new arc with Nezuko becoming a demon slayer to save Tanjiro and then?
Will it be Nezuko becoming a demon again to be saved by Tanjiro once again?
I also love kimetsu no yaiba but you have to know when to stop.
Not everyone is One piece or hajime on ippo.
If the souma had ended in Erina's father's arc, it would have had a better ending than it had. And he looked at kimetsu no yaiba and I see that he is following the same path, and people are loving it.

Last edited: