Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 199 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 199 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
To me that is easily the most reasonable scenario tbh. As in, I could live with that. but muzan did mention yorichi's red blade was superior to the others. And it seems like red blade wounds from yorichi endured while the ones from the hashira at least have not been mentioned to remain. If yorichi's red blade is superior to that of the remaining fighters its not implausible it alone would be enough. Though I really wish the series would clarify this (but it doesn't make sense to go too deep into this after muzan dies).
I believe wounds from his red blade simply take much longer to "heal" (or in Muzan's case, remain as scar tissue). Yoriichi already chopped Muzan's head off, so if that didn't kill the demon, nothing else would, imo.
The reason I don't think it will be clarified is because it doesn't make much sense to begin with, haha.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Is this a never seen before form ?? Wind breath 9th form. I don’t know how to English that

Beside that, blood pumping chapter there is something satisfying about throwing a train at someone, Tanjirou is fighting from the inside great as long as he’s doesn’t get digested

Muzan form reminds me of the blob from inside, kinda feeling bad for it

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Did Tanjiro lose both of his arms...? Why is his right arm there in the second to last page?
It should be Tanjiro's movement that cuts Muzan from the inside.

Kawap1

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's sad to see that people think that if the villain doesn't kill anyone then he's weak. Muzan was able to hold all of the hashiras and characters for so long and injured them heavily, in the aftermath of this some hashiras will probably die, they're human after all. I can't wait to see how this plays in the next chapters.
Plus Muzan would’ve killed everyone like 3 times already if it wasn’t everyone saving each other’s lives. Plus yushiro and the cat is the reason everyone hasn’t died from the poison yet. Seriously, it’s hard to get a kill when you have like 10+ people all saving each other. UPM1 never came close to killing stone. Meanwhile Stone would’ve died twice to the poison alone and again if Tanjiro didn’t show up when he got knocked out. Stone pretty much would’ve been dead 3 times by now and still might die.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Spoilers?! Thank you!

Tanjiro lost an arm......Yikes, our MC has gotten his gotten his ass kicked, in this final fight. And has needed help throughout the the entire fight. Muzan is fighting desperately, and it does seem like he has made some sort of escape somehow...maybe

The final fight is just a lil weird compared to recent fights in the manga & the shounen manga where a MC eventually starts to gain momentum and defeat the villain.

No Demon Slayer or final villain Rivals Yourichi. Yet Muzan was so strong 5 Pillars couldn't slow him for long, even while he was poisoned, a refreshed Tanjiro with assistance still couldn't close the gap in superiority.

Muzan's repeatative attacks compared to other Demon's art moves were boring. And in the end he starts to show more transfigurstions & demon arts. But our characters just don't measure up unless teameorked assisted and Muzan is drugged, can they even hope to fight him.

I like the arc Just wish, a Demon slayer like Gyomei or Tanjiro had more bad ass moments against Muzan.
Ya, I wish after Muzan one shotted everyone, Stone who had see through world, would’ve been the last one standing and they fought 1 on 1 for a bit

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Ya, I wish after Muzan one shotted everyone, Stone who had see through world, would’ve been the last one standing and they fought 1 on 1 for a bit
Even before that, when he showed up and saved Mitsuri.Like with the Kokushibo fight, I expected him to stand out much more, with an balance of defense and offense...Gyomei fought Muzan & knocked his head off already at the beginning of the arc when Demon slayer leader mansion blew up..

Either way, all of the Pillars pushing themselves is kool asf, even though it would be dope that Giyu & Sanemi were just too injured to continue..especially Sanemi wth!?

Tanjiro never completed the final 13 forms and Muzan's scars weren't used to defeat hin..

Taska

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tanjiro never completed the final 13 forms and Muzan's scars weren't used to defeat hin
But they were? As I understood, these were markings for Muzan's extra internal organs, which are most vulnerable spots for him. So, if those ones are hit, it would be hard for him regenerate them. Usually to understand where they are located you have to obtain a See through World. But for Tanjirou with his wounds and for everyone else it was almost impossible to do in the heat of the battle. So basically those scars allowed everyone to see, where they should target their attacks.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
But they were? As I understood, these were markings for Muzan's extra internal organs, which are most vulnerable spots for him. So, if those ones are hit, it would be hard for him regenerate them. Usually to understand where they are located you have to obtain a See through World. But for Tanjirou with his wounds and for everyone else it was almost impossible to do in the heat of the battle. So basically those scars allowed everyone to see, where they should target their attacks.
And what scan did you read, where Tanjiro or either Obanai struck Muzan along those scar lines...its a plot point that wasn't used bro. Same as Tanjiro using the infinite loop 13forms of the Sun Breathe. He doesnt do it.

So I'm confused as to almost why those 2 caveats to Muzan defeat were mentioned but not used.

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And what scan did you read, where Tanjiro or either Obanai struck Muzan along those scar lines...its a plot point that wasn't used bro. Same as Tanjiro using the infinite loop 13forms of the Sun Breathe. He doesnt do it.

So I'm confused as to almost why those 2 caveats to Muzan defeat were mentioned but not used.
It looks like Tanjiro attempted to use the 13 forms repeatedly and attack Muzan’s scars but he failed because he’s tired wounded and is struggling to swing his sword at all at this point.Which is a point I enjoyed personally.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
It looks like Tanjiro attempted to use the 13 forms repeatedly and attack Muzan’s scars but he failed because he’s tired wounded and is struggling to swing his sword at all at this point.Which is a point I enjoyed personally.
We know. He was either too slow to loop it, got parried/block, or coughed up blood/trip to preform the technique properly......Lack luster.

Before he couldn't even go STW, not mention his selfless state seemed to have been a whole different technique..but now Tanjiro is missing an arm......That fierce look he had when he saved Kanao, come to find out was nothing to write home about..want our MC to deliver something awe inspiring

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We know. He was either too slow to loop it, got parried/block, or coughed up blood/trip to preform the technique properly......Lack luster.

Before he couldn't even go STW, not mention his selfless state seemed to have been a whole different technique..but now Tanjiro is missing an arm......That fierce look he had when he saved Kanao, come to find out was nothing to write home about..want our MC to deliver something awe inspiring
I can understand this too and when I think about Tanjiro doesn’t really have any awe inspiring moments but at the same time I do enjoy when things do go as expected

Taska

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That fierce look he had when he saved Kanao, come to find out was nothing to write home about..want our MC to deliver something awe inspiring
Well, for me the whole fact, that he showed up in the battle with all his wounds and managed to successfully stall Muzan for a good 10 minutes, so basically he gave time the others to catch their breaths, was a miracle in this battle tbh and it was really cool. Yeah, it wasn't epic in usual shounen way, but for me it was realistic. The whole battle for me is quite realistic, the thing which I like the most about it.

Last edited:

im.me

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Tanjiro lost his arm, he is seen holding his sword with both hands.

haijihusbando

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Again I made an amateur translation of the korean scans (source: am korean), sorry for any inaccurate translations - each new line indicates new text bubble

Chapter title: Millennium sunrise

(Tanjiro) Don’t let go
Don’t let your hand go
Make the sword go red
Set your heart ablaze
Turn red
Please
Giyuu…!!

(Muzan) If I give my body up I’ll burn quickly
Defend your flesh-
with a meat shield

(Giyuu) He’s bloating…
Tanjiro!

(Kiriya Ubuyashiki) Don’t let him go into the shade!!
Drop it! (referring to the bookcase)

(Demon slayers) Iyaaaaaaaah!
He got hit (idk who says this but it’s the panel with two demon slayers looking over Muzan baby who just got hit by the bookcase)

(Kiriya) Next!! Go quickly!!

(Kakushi) Die!!

(Kiriya) It’s dangerous!! Back off!!

(Kakushi) Uaghh

(Kiriya) Now it’s time to push!! Block his path!!

(Kakushi) WUAHHHH!!

(Kiriya) PUSH PUSH PUSH PUUUUUUSH!!

(Kakushi) Don’t back off!! No matter what happens!
The pillars can’t fight anymore!!
DON’T BACK OFFFFFFF KEEP PUSHING!!
Everyone’s doing it together so there’s nothing to be afraid of!!

(Kiriya) Don’t die, back off for now!!
I’ll think of the next move!!

(Sanemi) Wind breathing, 9th form (he made a new one, there’s only 8)
Retributive tornado (idk what the first korean word means, so i’m just guessing for that)
Keuk… (sfx lol)
keuk….
This piece of shit is disgustingly persistent
Hurry up and die!!

(Kakushi) Uaghhh he’s climbing on top!!
Wh- wha what should we do

(Himejima) OHHHHHHH!! (sfx)

(Kiriya to Muzan) Become dust!
Hurry up and burn!

(Kanata Ubuyashiki) Father…
Mother…
Sister…
God…

(Himejima) Into the ground!!!
He’s trying to get into the ground
Attack Muzan to reduce his stamina!!

(Sanemi) ……..

(Giyuu) Water breathing, 10th form
Constant flux
With my left hand I’m miserably weak…!

(Sanemi) Wind breathing, 5th form
Winter Gale

(Iguro) Breath of the snake, 4th form
(This is a form we’ve never seen before and I honestly don’t know what it translates to)

(Kakushi) Now everybody is one (i.e. together)
There’s nothing more we can do
Please die (breaking sound effect)
Ahhhhhh
It broke!!

(Muzan) Ah
Ah
Ah

(Message) The pouring light of hope made by everyone’s power……..!!!!

Last edited:

Taiyoo

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think that Tanjiro will probably be unconscious and this is the moment where Nezuko comes into play.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Wow Sanemi is creating new moves as is Iguro..Damn Mitsuri could have gotten some more shine, she's had time to heal and everyone is is critical...

Fav part is Giyu & Tanjiro both 1 arm releasing Tanjiro's red blade...Then it's the assault in the baby by the Demon Slayers helping hands & Pillars alike.

I dont think Muzan is dead. Something is a bit off, Nezuko should be human by now, but something is off. When Tanjiro appears next chapter, I think we'll find out Muzan is in his clothing or inside him or some crap..idk..but it's weird at the moment.

Renec

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I think muzan isn't dead yet. He might have been successful to go underground with tanjiro and the baby burning the sun is his outer skin. We might see 1v1 muzan vs tanjiro maybe???????
I mean it looks weird but we will see next chapter. My body is ready uwu

sterben.

Reaction score
Country
Japan
did anyone notice that somehow sanemi's slash looked like um1's but with fewer little slashes? it looked cool. also that twin head snake slash. and giyu can also use constant flux with one hand?

maybe the 13th form was not used in its entirety but tanjiro knowing the precise execution and the correct dance sequence did improved his performance in the fight.

tanjiro's dad told nezuko that tanjiro is about to die, maybe there's a plot twist in the next chapter and nezuko will somehow save the day. i mean literally haha