Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 198 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 198 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Super Angillis

Reviewer
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like Sanemi saved him. He might be out of commission though. Good to see love and Sanemi back though. Plus inouske and Zeni are still fighting. Giyuu, stoned and maybe Kanao should arrive soon. Even through they’re all fucked up; so is Muzan and they outnumber him heavy
At this point they have to keep him out until the sun comes up. They do that, it's over. They fail and he gets to cover and it's over for them. That hasn't changed.
Bloody chapter, what if muzan can conquer the sun, he just has to bask in it a bit
Then he'll be lured to a Volcano, and launched into space by it's eruption, where he will long for death and it will not come, until finally he stops thinking alltogether.

-Stray

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
God freakin damn the early pages leak was so hype, not a fan of this whole fight from the start but this one looks amazing. Muzan looks like he's going grosteque like Fused Zamasu in DBS after Goku SSJBKK kicked him down.

Anyways it seems like its ending. Wonder if there will be a plot twist, normally things dont always go as planned. Like say Tamayo's drug may have had all these nerf effects but then also had the ''not dying in the sunlight anymore'' side effect too.

Also.I cant believe I just noticed now… Tanjirou calls his breathing ''Hi no kokyuu'' ''Sun breathing'' and not ''DotFG'' anymore.

The only way I can see Muzan surviving if he does king picollo did at db original
Exactly my thoughts, he may spit a Muzan Jr. Lol.

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Muzan has kill no important characters unlike koku,Akaza and Douma. It be very dissapointing he doesn t kill at least two or one at the very least.

Look like manga is ending ironic as Gotouge didn t even confirm this is final arc.

The only way I can see Muzan surviving if he does king picollo did at db original

Hoping Muzan don t actually die yet or survive somehow. So series can extend as many characters still need more timescreen

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't see how the series can continue after this. The majority of the hashira are permanently maimed at this point.... It's almost a shame though, we never get to see the main gang as actual hashira. I suppose they can become honorary hashira given their contributions but they will never have acted as such while there were demons around. The only way in which the series gets to continue is that for some reason demons continue to show up even after muzan's death. But the only upside from such a development would be to see tanjiro, zenitsu and inosuke as actual hashira.... but TBH the series is better off ending post muzan.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hoping Muzan don t actually die yet or survive somehow. So series can extend as many characters still need more timescreen
That won't happen. Writter said it.

Jailmurdoch

Reaction score
Country
India
Iguro obanai by far the best pillar and MVP of this fight he saved Tanjirou like six or seven times now and didn't even care if he lost his eyes and now most of his face.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I love how they are handling Muzan in this fight. Muzan is in a league way above any character in this manga because he has over thousand years of experience. Since the beggining I was afraid Tanjiro would just get a ridiculous boost of power and defeat him, but turns out teamwork was the key. Tamayo's drug, Hashir's combined strenght, the boys giving all they have. It kinda reminds me of the fight against Father in FMA.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The conclusion of this fight is pretty darn good. I don't like how Muzan suddenly went from defeating 4 Hashira to struggling to kill Tanjirou and later Obanai, as the weakening should have been slower, but the tension recently has been great.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
But I think that's what makes the point. He had to do so much effort against the combined strenght and will of the Hashira, that his body couldn't keep up with the drug effect and now he's above senile even for a demon's standart. The aging is what makes him weak enought to have trouble fighting a single hashira and a few novice demon slayers.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No writer said nothing. Its isn t confirm. Don t turn your opinions into facts.
It's confirmed to be on final arc. Not my opinion, it was on a few magazines and websites.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
But I think that's what makes the point. He had to do so much effort against the combined strenght and will of the Hashira, that his body couldn't keep up with the drug effect and now he's above senile even for a demon's standart. The aging is what makes him weak enought to have trouble fighting a single hashira and a few novice demon slayers.
The thing is, he'd already aged centuries while fighting the Hashira, and still managed to defeat multiple at a time in a single blow. Yet Tanjirou, moments after, starts reading his attacks and seeing the tentacles on his thighs. It was too sudden, and made it far less coherent. Muzan should have started struggling earlier, and the Hashiras should have been given fatal blows after being unable to react from prior exhaustion as opposed to being completely outclassed in strength.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The thing is, he'd already aged centuries while fighting the Hashira, and still managed to defeat multiple at a time in a single blow. Yet Tanjirou, moments after, starts reading his attacks and seeing the tentacles on his thighs. It was too sudden, and made it far less coherent. Muzan should have started struggling earlier, and the Hashiras should have been given fatal blows after being unable to react from prior exhaustion as opposed to being completely outclassed in strength.
My only guess is that Muzan in that final blow to defeat the Hashira wasted so much strenght without having enought precaution or even knowledge about Tamayo's drug true effects. Hence why he suddenly became weaker.
I'll also take into consideration that the Hashira getting up again to gang on Muzan means that his blow wasn't that powerful at all, given it only made them unconscious for a period of time. It's my opinion, tho, that he was already aging and becoming weak.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's confirmed to be on final arc. Not my opinion, it was on a few magazines and websites.
Where evidence creator himself/herself say it prove it?

Unless creator say it themself Its isn t confirm.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Where evidence creator himself/herself say it prove it?
Google "Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga Ending Soon" and you'll see it. Won't post pics here.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Google "Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga Ending Soon" and you'll see it. Won't post pics here.
Nope that someone opinion gotouge didn t personally say themself. So it isn t confirm.

That article written by person opinion not the creator

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do I have a feeling Muzan won’t die or there’ll be another enemy.

Just don’t see this manga ending without a time skip and tanjiro becoming the greatest demonslayer or something.

I’d be happy to see it break the mould and go it’s own way and end shortly though. It’s been great

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I believe this arc will drag out for more dozen chapter (the popularity poll is in august), unless it will be two volumes of muzan backstory. Give iguro a good rank even shinobu was eaten without having her face chomped

Iguro keeps protecting tanjirou, I hope shinazugawa protects nezuko, then the kamado siblings will be at last acknowledged by all the pillars

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If they pull an Yhwach, Kaguya or anything like that it would ruin the entire story. They better just give us a Muzan backstory enlightment before he dies - we need to know who, how and why that doctor gave him a demon transformation medicine - and that's it since it's in the final arc and battle.
As far as we know, Nezuko is human again. The only demon that could walk on the sun and achieved Muzan's ambition is now human again. What if Muzan, just as he is about to die, do something that involves her? We have to wait.

Also I don't think Tanjiro need to be the greatest for it to end perfectly. Just like you, I'de be happy to see a different conclusion.

Rolento

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Is the manga ending soon? All villains except Muzan are dead, almost all the heroes are dead.
I didn’t understand. Muzan hit Mitsuri after she tore off his arm?

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's about to end, Rolento. Unless, as someone already said up there, they pull an Aizen/Kaguya/Yhwach.