Seinen - Kaguya-sama: Love is War by Aka Akasaka | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kaguya-sama: Love is War by Aka Akasaka

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Author: Aka Akasaka
Genre: Romantic Comedy, Psycholgical
Magazine: Weekly Young Jump
aka Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen

Synopsis
At Shuuchin Academy, a school for the best and brightest, there are two students who stand out from the rest. First is Student Council President Miyuki Shirogane, a handsome young man of modest means who tops Japan's mock exams, achieving this through a fierce commitment to studies. Second is Student Council Vice President Kaguya Shinomiya, a wealthy heiress who was educated in various arts from an early age.

As the pair spend time together with their Council duties they develop feelings for one another, and they would gladly take the other - as long as they are confessed to! Their pride cannot yield to such a thing as romance without an incentive. In matters of love, the one who confesses is the loser!

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Am I the only one that thinks its weird this manga doesn't have an active thread? :hmm
Is it harder to discuss because it's episodic? But yea, after the anime being successful, it's a bit of a surprise (that there's no activity).

I haven't read the manga in a long time... skimmed a few chaps last year and saw that kiss :love

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Is it harder to discuss because it's episodic? But yea, after the anime being successful, it's a bit of a surprise (that there's no activity).

I haven't read the manga in a long time... skimmed a few chaps last year and saw that kiss :love
This is one of the best japanese romcoms I've ever read, and Im rather picky with those :p
You should pick it up again Bran, that kiss only meant the end of the beggining... :fan

XZOA

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Hope Aka keeps giving us chapters like 175. Such a lovey dovey chapter.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh btw the author of Kaguya sama is launching a new manga :

"Kaguya-sama: Love is War manga creator Aka Akasaka revealed on his Twitter account on Thursday that he will launch the Oshi no Ko manga in this year's 21st issue of Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine on April 23. Mengo Yokoyari (Scum's Wish) is illustrating the series. The story will center on an "overwhelmingly cute" heroine and show the entertainment industry with a "never-before-seen point of view."
Akasaka confirmed that the new manga will run in the magazine simultaneously with Kaguya-sama: Love is War.
"
Source : Ann

Was surprised, i thought Kaguya was ending, but seemingly he will do both simultaneaously. Looking forward to it.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is one of the best romcoms because the couple actually gets together instead of teasing that bullcrap.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This manga is so meta I love it. Ship wars! :lmao

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Caught up, reads chap 220:

Aka, you genius :verily. Man, I love this manga and time to bring this thread to glory! Or I'll make the largest combined post/consecutive post in MH history :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

After that climax, guess you could say the one week break was necessary :XD . The post-deed reactions were great and seeing Hayasaka laugh :blush. Tho I wish Daddy in the East showed up, would've been icing on the cake. And now it's time to reveal to Chika 👀
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Heartwarming chap, the last page could cure depression. Great to get insight on how Kaguya and Chika's friendship began, and backstory on Chika's piano days. I've mostly grown indifferent to Chika's antics, so seeing another side of her is welcomed. Her reaction to the news was typical and confirms she ain't no love detective :amuse

And this now marks another instance in which Ice Kaguya has unknowingly saved someone.

And... Chika's back to being annoying 🙄, but her getting roasted never gets old :lmao. Really liked the sincerity in Ishigami and Miko's reactions for Kaguya and Miyuki :D

This has been a Chika Rollercoaster, see her at her worst and now finish with her best, Mama Chika. Really wholesome conclusion there, especially since Miyuki's real mother was never there for him, but Chika is.

I suspect we're getting a good deal of focus now on Ishigami and Miko for the upcoming dance. And I realized Maki is gonna be alone for this... :feelsbadman

Respect to Aka for the homage to SnK :verily

Aka really introduced a new character before the break :lmao . Looks like Sensei will become a decent ally to Miyuki x Kaguya.

Bad girls, bad girls, what you gonna do when they come for you.

And Chika with the Undertaker meme :lmao

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tsubame graduates and already gets the buisnesswoman hairstyle 🤣

At first, I thought Miko was being mad awkward, and then boy did it escalate. I was just like Chika, wow she really tried to close the deal in one go. But, not a surprise given how Miko operates, reminding me a bit how she got the bonfire allowed in short notice.

Looking forward to Chika overseeing this, and holding the reins on Miko. Kaguya and Miyuki will probably have more of backseat on this.

CallMeTsuyu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey! A Kaguya-sama thread! Love Kaguya-sama. Easily one of my favorite current manga, if not one of my favorite manga period.

Currently rereading the series, so I’m looking forward to having future discussions with the active members of this thread.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Love her design. I'm intrigued by her character from her first introduction:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Agreed, that's an impossible girl for you. She's already got an advantage over Miko :hee. And, Miko, a few head pats and a lap pillow, and already on the you didn't reply stage :nah.

Also, the accuracy of the Discord segment lol, can't wait to hear that in the narrator's voice :lmao. Virgin LINE user vs. Chad Discord Enjoyer.

And now a 1 month break. Aka take your time and enjoy Apex.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
The break is almost over, but I do recommend Aka's other ongoing work, Oshi no Ko. Caught up recently and it's good read :super

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Koromo's hair color! :zomg

Chap 229

What a return! :lmao I died when Papagane was revealed. Talk about unlikely pairs, and the Sugar Daddy legend grows 👌. Nice lowkey way to show Miko got Discord, and his name was Papa lmao. Also, it took days for Miko to actually get a kill lol. Papa was carrying, what a guy.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I like how Papagane is written, he is a perfect balance of humor/seriousness. His emotional maturity really is admirable :XD

Great chapter.

Chapter 230 is out