Shounen - Kagurabachi by Takeru Hokazono | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kagurabachi by Takeru Hokazono

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn’t see a thread for this when I looked. It definitely has my attention 5 chapters in.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The memes put me off of reading this, but I decided to finally check it out and it's pretty good so far.

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The memes put me off of reading this, but I decided to finally check it out and it's pretty good so far.
I didn’t see the memes but don’t let them put you off to what I think is going to be a very solid manga

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The leaks of chapter 20 have already been leaked.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Out

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
We're going to move this topic around, because it's very still.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What do you mean ?
Comment on the spoilers and the chapter of the week, for example.

The manga is safe for now, and also the reprints are better than expected.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Comment on the spoilers and the chapter of the week, for example.

The manga is safe for now, and also the reprints are better than expected.
Do you mean, a dedicated section? I think it's too early. Not even Chainsaw Man has it.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Kagurabachi will definitely be a case to study in the future, as long as I can remember I have never seen a new manga spark so many discussions on the internet.

Kagurabachi was featured in the "Manganuma" TV program presented by Kawashima & Yamauchi's in Japan.

Kagurabachi is one of Animate Bookstore's 2024 recommendations and had a brief summary featured on TV with Volume 1:

"Kagurabachi by Takeru Hokazono-sensei. It's about a boy named Chihiro whose father is killed, and then he seeks revenge.

But when that comic was released, it was insanely popular. It was so popular that the comics were sold out in an instant.

So, not just because I like it, but also because it's been recommended by other customers, I thought I'd introduce it."

Then, in Kawashima & Yamauchi's comments, they say that they happened to have lunch with someone from Shueisha and that the comment was "(...) they said they wanted Kagurabachi to carry the next generation of Jump."

And then they conclude by highlighting Kagurabachi as the next ace in the program!

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kagurabachi will definitely be a case to study in the future, as long as I can remember I have never seen a new manga spark so many discussions on the internet.

Kagurabachi was featured in the "Manganuma" TV program presented by Kawashima & Yamauchi's in Japan.

Kagurabachi is one of Animate Bookstore's 2024 recommendations and had a brief summary featured on TV with Volume 1:

"Kagurabachi by Takeru Hokazono-sensei. It's about a boy named Chihiro whose father is killed, and then he seeks revenge.

But when that comic was released, it was insanely popular. It was so popular that the comics were sold out in an instant.

So, not just because I like it, but also because it's been recommended by other customers, I thought I'd introduce it."

Then, in Kawashima & Yamauchi's comments, they say that they happened to have lunch with someone from Shueisha and that the comment was "(...) they said they wanted Kagurabachi to carry the next generation of Jump."

And then they conclude by highlighting Kagurabachi as the next ace in the program!
It's pretty clear that Kagurabachi is popular, the problem is that Toc's current rankings are low.

In sales kagurabachi has already surpassed Akane banashe and many others, that alone deserves to remain in the magazine and not be cancelled.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And once again kagurabachi was at the bottom of TOC again, it's not possible that Nakano will cancel the manga even though it sells a lot.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
And once again kagurabachi was at the bottom of TOC again, it's not possible that Nakano will cancel the manga even though it sells a lot.
As you say, it's currently like the sixth best-selling series in Jump. I doubt it.