Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 258 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 258 - Spoilers & Discussion

kingRoXaS

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Since Yuji's talent comes from being used by Sukuna... if Megumi is rescued, he will also become a lot more capable as a Jujutsu Sorcerer.
I'd also like the Merger to look like Mahito... I liked his character.
I'm not saying that Megumi will not be a lit bit stronger if he survives, but it's implied that Yuji is special and could get Sukuna's CT because of what Kenjaku did, even Sukuna kinda implied that Kenjaku wouldn't have a child for no reason

Its not like everyone could hold Sukuna like Yuji did

Mahito doesn't have anything to do with the merger, so that's a low possibilty

Mahito is gone for good since Kenjaku used Uzumaki

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The nerve to think that someone will survive this.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Since Yuji's talent comes from being used by Sukuna... if Megumi is rescued, he will also become a lot more capable as a Jujutsu Sorcerer.
At this point, many things hint that megumi is not gonna come back… he’s dead or seriously incapacited, Even if he survived, his CT was sacrified by sukuna, his soul is broken and his body destroyed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

plus : sukuna was hit by Jacob’s ladder at maximum output, nothing. Yuji wasn’t able to bring megumi back by himself. Everything hint that sukuna reincarnation is now complete and yuji’s punches are the only thing « bothering » him right now

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Yuji wasn’t able to bring megumi back by himself. Everything hint that sukuna reincarnation is now complete and yuji’s punches are the only thing « bothering » him right now
I thought Yuji's punches have been weakening the bond between Megumi and Sukuna resulting in lower CE output? With that I'd have thought that Megumi being saved was still possible.
And is Jacob's ladder the only way to save Megumi, and with that gone, that means he's done for? Rip.
I don't read the story with much attention to detail, so I can't really argue anything, lol.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Why was Megumi's CT Sacrified? Was it kill Gojo?
All of his shikigamis have been killed by sukuna except divine dog, escape rabbit and max elephant, prior to his fight with gojo

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
All of his shikigamis have been killed by sukuna except divine dog, escape rabbit and max elephant, prior to his fight with gojo
Where did you get this false information from?

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Majoraga and that infinitely adapting wheel were annihilated by Gojo’s purple. Can’t remember the other shikigami fate. Sukuna would’ve been using the wheel if it were still accessible.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally found bruzza!

Last edited:

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Agito was a fusion of tiger, nue, deer, and great serpent, mahoraga is also dead, left five shikigami’s whose fate’s unknow. Prior to is fight with gojo because he needed to kill some to fusion them into Agito

RenaLuv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else dying this week, counting the next five days waiting for leaks break (while still wanting the mangakas to not be working in slave conditions of course)

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Agito was a fusion of tiger, nue, deer, and great serpent, mahoraga is also dead, left five shikigami’s whose fate’s unknow. Prior to is fight with gojo because he needed to kill some to fusion them into Agito
Who told you all the shikigami need to die for totality to work? Who told you totality needs shikigami to even die before it can be used? Did you forget about "The well's unknow abyss" which is the result of an extension technique?There is a chance Agito was formed as a result of this extension technique and totality. The state of his shikigami are unknown, simple as that.

I even doubt Mahoraga is "dead", there would most likely be a way to bring all his Shikigami back because we have seen him summon multiple of the same type in his domain expansion, he was simply limited by cursed energy. I know this is speculation but learning reversed cursed technique might have the effect of bringing them back. The 10 shadows technique would not be a top 3 technique if it was this easy to lose shikigami permanently.

Majoraga and that infinitely adapting wheel were annihilated by Gojo’s purple. Can’t remember the other shikigami fate. Sukuna would’ve been using the wheel if it were still accessible.
Why would he be using the wheel? To adapt to who exactly? You make it sound like any of the cast right now is strong enough for adaptation to be needed.

Last edited:

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Who told you all the shikigami need to die for totality to work? Who told you totality needs shikigami to even die before it can be used? Did you forget about "The well's unknow abyss" which is the result of an extension technique?There is a chance Agito was formed as a result of this extension technique and totality. The state of his shikigami are unknown, simple as that.
Look for my post in the fandom, I was talking about it a while ago, some times even before agito was introduced because it was a famous theory on reddit. I was talking about it like 4 chapter before his introduction, mentionning my discovery of that theory but still, Agito is indeed a totality of Nue, is full name being «Nue・Kon - Kangō Jū Agito in japenese, meaning Nue totality : Merged beast Agito.

Totality was introduce as a mix between a dead shikigami and another compatible. Some kind of inheritance of power since Divine dog : Totality.

The well’s of unknow abyss don’t work exactly the Same. It’s a technique created by megumi which allows him to fuse some shikigamis without worrying about their compatibility as long as none of the shikigami on which the fusion is based is dead or destroyed.
That’s the difference. If totality was the same, divine dog couldn’t have been created because the other dog was long dead.
That’s why these shikigamis are « unknow ». They are fancy. At least, that's how I understood it when I read the manga.

The 10 shadows technique would not be a top 3 technique if it was this easy to lose shikigami permanently.
It was said by megumi himself that when a shikigami’s dead, he is for good. He can’t be summoned anymore.

Maybe you know Megumi’s technique more than him. Don’t know. Don’t be rude. And check your infos.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I’m gonna rub salt in the wound but I just woke up and remember that great serpent was indeed already killed by Sukuna a whiiiiile ago. Another proof that Agito was not the result of the well’s of unknow abyss, among others solid proof.

Last edited:

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Who told you all the shikigami need to die for totality to work? Who told you totality needs shikigami to even die before it can be used. The state of his shikigami are unknown, simple as that.

I even doubt Mahoraga is "dead", there would most likely be a way to bring all his Shikigami back because we have seen him summon multiple of the same type in his domain expansion, he was simply limited by cursed energy. I know this is speculation but learning reversed cursed technique might have the effect of bringing them back. The 10 shadows technique would not be a top 3 technique if it was this easy to lose shikigami permanently.

Why would he be using the wheel? To adapt to who exactly? You make it sound like any of the cast right now is strong enough for adaptation to be needed.
Look for my post in the fandom, I was talking about it a while ago, some times even before agito was introduced because it was a famous theory on reddit. I was talking about it like 4 chapter before his introduction, mentionning my discovery of that theory but still, Agito is indeed a totality of Nue, is full name being «Nue・Kon - Kangō Jū Agito in japenese, meaning Nue totality : Merged beast Agito.

Totality was introduce as a mix between a dead shikigami and another compatible. Some kind of inheritance of power since Divine dog : Totality.

The well’s of unknow abyss don’t work exactly the Same. It’s a technique created by megumi which allows him to fuse some shikigamis without worrying about their compatibility as long as none of the shikigami on which the fusion is based is dead or destroyed.
That’s the difference. If totality was the same, divine dog couldn’t have been created because the other dog was long dead.
That’s why these shikigamis are « unknow ». They are fancy. At least, that's how I understood it when I read the manga.

It was said by megumi himself that when a shikigami’s dead, he is for good. He can’t be summoned anymore.

Maybe you know Megumi’s technique more than him. Don’t know. Don’t be rude. And check your infos.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I’m gonna rub salt in the wound but I just woke up and remember that great serpent was indeed already killed by Sukuna a whiiiiile ago. Another proof that Agito was not the result of the well’s of unknow abyss, among others solid proof.
Don't worry. There wasn't any wound to rub salt on. I am pretty sure Megumi does not know everything about his own technique especially since he wasn't part of the Zenin clan, so we are back to where we started. Because Megumi can't summon the great serpent does not mean it is gone forever. There are also other things Sukuna was pulling off that Megumi or even Gojo did not imagine was possible with the 10 shadows. The same thing can be said about resurrecting your shikigami perhaps once he personally learns how to do reversed cursed technique. Again, the full specifics of totality are not completely clear. We know it requires one dead shikigami but there is nothing saying the dead shikigami had to serve as base for the result. Totality Nue does not mean Nue died. It could mean Nue served as the base into which other Shikigami were added. Whether those Shikigami need to be killed/dead is a question that is up in the air.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Don't worry. There wasn't any wound to rub salt on. I am pretty sure Megumi does not know everything about his own technique especially since he wasn't part of the Zenin clan, so we are back to where we started. Because Megumi can't summon the great serpent does not mean it is gone forever. There are also other things Sukuna was pulling off that Megumi or even Gojo did not imagine was possible with the 10 shadows. The same thing can be said about resurrecting your shikigami perhaps once he personally learns how to do reversed cursed technique. Again, the full specifics of totality are not completely clear. We know it requires one dead shikigami but there is nothing saying the dead shikigami had to serve as base for the result. Totality Nue does not mean Nue died. It could mean Nue served as the base into which other Shikigami were added. Whether those Shikigami need to be killed/dead is a question that is up in the air.
Nue never died, but great serpent was. The others may have been killed offscreen.

First you said totality don’t need a dead shikigami now you’re saying the contrary, but allow me to correct you, a dead shikigami doesn’t serve as base, his power is transfered to a living one who, as you said is gonna serve as base, so when you are talking about Nue, you’re right and that was exactly what I was saying and how totality was EXPLAINED in the manga.

I don’t know if you read correctly but megumi was able to summon great serpent before it was killed by Sukuna and as megumi said himself when his first divine dog was killed, a dead shikigami can’t be summoned anymore. So we are back to where we started as you said.

Allow me to give you some more informations or enlightment. Gojo don’t and never knew the all extend of the 10S technique, because he never withness it and as you said about megumi he wasn’t part of the Zenin clan. He knew some, maybe because he was able to access some data, intels (i’m talking bout Gojo).

Second, you are talking about Sukuna and his way to use 10S CT, but allow me another time to clarify. Except his partial summoning of divine dog, the way he was able to summon stronger version because of his vast CE, and « piercing water » as we love to say, he didn’t do much. Nothing was new, totality was explained, Agito is the result of it.
Even the giant nue was just an early fusion of nue and great serpent, that’s all, because great serpent was already dead, so his power was passed on!!
About how sukuna used Maho, no one was ever able to tame him to exactly know how his powers can be used except Sukuna. And he tamed him offscreen bro!

About Nue and great serpent, that can bring another theory you should have talked about. If the first invocation of Nue made by Sukuna was already a fusion of Nue and long dead great serpent and it wasn’t introduce to ourselves as totality, so some shikigamis may need multiple adds powers to form « a totality » such as Agito.

So a theory could be made. With the remaining shikigamis, another totality could be formed between some or all of them. You are talking about RCT, but as the name point, it’s a reversed cursed technique, so if megumi’s technique is shadow, reverse should be light roughly.
But what if the ultimate technique of 10S is a totality of all shikagamis? Maho being dead, Agito, the other fate’s unknown, at least, that’s the only thing I could give you through your rhetoric.

Last edited:

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Nue never died, but great serpent was. The others may have been killed offscreen.

First you said totality don’t need a dead shikigami now you’re saying the contrary, but allow me to correct you, a dead shikigami doesn’t serve as base, his power is transfered to a living one who, as you said is gonna serve as base, so when you are talking about Nue, you’re right and that’s was exactly what I was saying and how totality was EXPLAINED in the manga.

I don’t know if you read correctly but megumi was able to summon great serpent before it was killed by Sukuna and as megumi said himself when his first divine dog was killed, a dead shikigami can’t be summoned anymore. So we are back to where we started as you said.

Allow me to give you some more informations or enlightment. Gojo don’t and never knew the all extend of the 10S technique, because he never withness it and as you said about megumi he wasn’t part of the Zenin clan. He knew some, maybe because he was able to access some data, intels (i’m talking bout Gojo).

Second, you are talking about Sukuna and his way to use 10S CT, but allow me another time to clarify. Except his partial summoning of divine dog, the way he was able to summon stronger version because of his vast CE, and « piercing water » as we love to say, he didn’t do much. Nothing was new, totality was explained, Agito is the result of it.
Even the giant nue was just an early fusion of nue and great serpent, that’s all, because great serpent was already dead, so his power was passed on!!
About how sukuna used Maho, no one was ever able to tame him to exactly know how his powers can be used except Sukuna. And he tamed him offscreen bro!

About Nue and great serpent, that can bring another theory you should have talked about. If the first invocation of Nue made by Sukuna was already a fusion of Nue and long dead great serpent and it wasn’t introduce to ourselves as totality, so some shikigamis may need multiple adds powers to form « a totality » such as Agito.

So a theory could be made. With the remaining shikigamis, another totality could be formed between some or all of them. You are talking about RCT, but as the name point, it’s a reversed cursed technique, so if megumi’s technique is shadow, reverse should be light roughly.
But what if the ultimate technique of 10S is a totality of all shikagamis? Maho being dead, Agito, the other fate’s unknown, at least, that’s the only thing I could give you through your rhetoric.
The reason I asked if shikigami even need to die for totality to be used is because Sukuna can use piercing water and Mahoraga's wheel without summoning the Shikigami itself. This is like extracting their innate technique for his personal use. This is like totality, i.e., transferring their ability temporarily to himself (instead of another Shikigami). Contrary to what you said, this is a new concept we had never seen until Sukuna used it. Piercing water and Mahoraga's wheel are the same application as described above. Sukuna is doing the exact same thing in those instances. I bet he could have also wielded electricity, poison, cloning, "rct???", "momentum" and any other innate technique as well. Notwithstanding that Mahoraga had not been tamed before, we have not seen anyone use piercing water either.

To make it very clear for you, I believe totality happens as a default when a Shikigami "dies" but it can be used even if they are alive. It is just transferring the innate power of a Shikigami. If the Shikigami are alive, the CT user needs to initiate it (extract the technique), if they are dead, the technique is readily available to be transferred. Reverse cursed technique does not necessarily have to apply to the shadows, it could apply to the Shikigami themselves.....or it could even apply to both.

Rest assured there is no misunderstanding from my end or enlightenment that has been received from your post. You can tone down your condescension.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
The reason I asked if shikigami even need to die for totality to be used is because Sukuna can use piercing water and Mahoraga's wheel without summoning the Shikigami itself. This is like extracting their innate technique for his personal use. This is like totality, i.e., transferring their ability temporarily to himself (instead of another Shikigami). Contrary to what you said, this is a new concept we had never seen until Sukuna used it. Piercing water and Mahoraga's wheel are the same application as described above. Sukuna is doing the exact same thing in those instances. I bet he could have also wielded electricity, poison, cloning, "rct???", "momentum" and any other innate technique as well. Notwithstanding that Mahoraga had not been tamed before, we have not seen anyone use piercing water either.

To make it very clear for you, I believe totality happens as a default when a Shikigami "dies" but it can be used even if they are alive. It is just transferring the innate power of a Shikigami. If the Shikigami are alive, the CT user needs to initiate it (extract the technique), if they are dead, the technique is readily available to be transferred. Reverse cursed technique does not necessarily have to apply to the shadows, it could apply to the Shikigami themselves.....or it could even apply to both.

Rest assured there is no misunderstanding from my end or enlightenment that has been received from your post. You can tone down your condescension.
My bad, I mentionned piercing water but not maho wheel, but still it has nothing to do with totality, you speak with conviction about something you only theorize about… that’s crazy. Totality was already explained. We know how totality work, case’s closed.
You’re just theorizing here, but what was said about it was already said.

Let’s go now with your theory (who has nothing to do with totality, again…).
As I understood it in the manga at least, Sukuna was using his shadow to hide Maho in it, manifesting Maho but not physically, hence the appearance of his technique, so Gojo won’t be able to destroyed him before he can start adaptation. When the wheel had turn enough, sukuna made him appear completely.
When sukuna used piercing water, gojo said that since Maho adaptation was done, sukuna was able to alocate more ressource thus summoning max elephant (without really summoning it, we can affirm this with our readers eyes, but gojo feel it and said it that way).

This idea is supported in chapters 234 and 235, where we clearly see Sukuna emerge from Maho's shadow.
They was just partially summoned allowing him to « borrow » their powers.

Even if it’s not the case or not as simple as I think with the shadow stuff and all it doesn't have to be part of totality to work or as complicate as you are theorizing. Sukuna could just be able to borrow shikigami powers because after all they are all his shadows and maybe can do that because of his great knowleage of Jujutsu, maybe because he’s handy like gojo said, smart enough and have the CE to do so. Partial manifestation already require a lot, thing Megumi was not able to.

Allow me to had something, if totality was just about extracting the innate technique of a dead shikigami to give it to another, why would they have to merge ? Totality is a whole transfer who target body, soul, power and technique. They literally merged as one, the two dogs became one, Agito being the whole form of nue…
If you prefer, it’s some kind of « TRUE FORM » and totality was already explained as such, a shikigami who inherit all the power of a dead one compatible with or multiple in Agito’s case.

So I'll bounce back to my theory of an ultimate shikigami being the merger of all.

Dynamight

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless Sukuna has some sort of binding vow to overwrite Kenjaku’s will, the merger isn’t happening at all. Although I do wish it would to see Yuji & Megumi fight side-by-side at their peak abilities would be awesome. But one could dream.

RenaLuv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless Sukuna has some sort of binding vow to overwrite Kenjaku’s will, the merger isn’t happening at all. Although I do wish it would to see Yuji & Megumi fight side-by-side at their peak abilities would be awesome. But one could dream.
Mahoraga is gonna make a return and Gojo isn't actually dead, Thanos style--since Sakuna didn't crush his head, they were able to transfer his soul before he died, to someone (or something 👀) else's body 😛