Hangout - J-Music & K-Music Karaoke~! Don't be shy, join the party! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout J-Music & K-Music Karaoke~! Don't be shy, join the party!

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks to Kisu for the idea for the thread!

For all the J-Music/K-music fans and karaoke fans here on MH, this is a thread to talk about J-Music/K-music and Karaoke and also to post recordings of you or other J-music/K-music fans singing your favorite J-songs/K-songs.

Btw, here’s a site where you can practice singing karaoke before posting your recording in this thread.:)

And here’s a video of someone karaoking (or making a cover) of Paper Moon by Tommy Heavenly6. The song is one of the openings from Soul Eater.

The girl who is singing the song has a pretty good voice and she did a great job karaoking the song, IMO. :)

Paper Moon - Nekonekochii

Four Seasons – Namie Amuro (Sumi) The girl karaoking this song did such an incredible job that she has inspired me to karaoke that song as well. ^_^

Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: J-Music Karaoke~! Don't be shy, join the party!

I haven't come across any really good clips to share atm. I remember I came across one a while back but I can't find it anymore on youtube. I'll post it if I find it again. :amuse

Just a thought ~ maybe if we can link/direct people to some j-pop instrumentals, there might be a greater chance that someone may just record themselves doing a karaoke!?

I'll still be on the look out for some clips to share. :thumbs

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Just a thought ~ maybe if we can link/direct people to some j-pop instrumentals, there might be a greater chance that someone may just record themselves doing a karaoke!?
Thank you for the suggestion Jin-kun! :) I’m a bit embarrassed to ask this but…what do you mean by j-pop instrumentals?:?bunny

I'll still be on the look out for some clips to share. :thumbs
Arigato~ ^_^

-----------------------------------

Here are two more covers:

These two fans are karaoking Tobira no Mukou he by YeLLOW Generation and they did a fantastic job karaoking that song. :thumbs

Tobira no Mukou E by HollowRikuJPop
I really like his voice and his singing. He sounds sweet and manly at the same time. Me likey.

Tobira no mukou e by Lorihime
She has a great voice, her voice is very melodious.:)

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

"An instrumental is a musical composition or recording without lyrics, singing, or any other sort of vocal input" - Arigatou wiki! xD

So yeah, basically if we could offer links/suggestions to the instrumental-version(s) of some of the more popular J-Pop songs, I think there'll be better chance of someone recording a lil karaoke session. There's plenty of clips on youtube but for some reason they keep taking them down because of copyright issues or something. You'll be able to find more Japanese karaoke's if you type it in japanese lol.

One way of trying to find better results is by typing the name of the artist/song preferably in Japanese lol, followed by the term "karaoke" in Japanese again. I'm sure the results would be better that way. I'll test it out later on and see what I can find. There must surely be J-Pop-related blogspots created by fans that may have some kind of karaoke clips/performances available to share.

These kind of threads take some time, so I'm sure we'll get more activity soon. :)

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

"An instrumental is a musical composition or recording without lyrics, singing, or any other sort of vocal input" - Arigatou wiki! xD

So yeah, basically if we could offer links/suggestions to the instrumental-version(s) of some of the more popular J-Pop songs, I think there'll be better chance of someone recording a lil karaoke session.
Ahh. That was what you were referring to. I posted a site like that in the starting post of this thread.

Btw, here’s a site where you can practice singing karaoke before posting your recording in this thread.:)
On that site you can find a variety of J-songs, and you have both the vocal and the karaoke version of the songs. In fact, I have practiced karaoking a few songs using that site.
^_^ I’ll look for other sites that offer J-music instrumentals as well. Arigato once again for the suggestion, Jin-kun.

These kind of threads take some time, so I'm sure we'll get more activity soon. :)
:)

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

@ Totinona: She is amazing!! Her voice is really beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

"Don't Say Lazy" (K-ON!) cover by Makenai
Pamela - Vocals
Evelyn - Vocals
Brathzo - Guitars
Angel - Guitars
Kiko - Bass, Keyboards
Jade – Drums

These guys are awesome!!!:thumbs This cover is so good that I can’t choose between this one and the original, I love them both!!

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Itazura na Kiss ED 2 - Jikan yo Tomare [Cover by Niamara123abc]

The second ending of Itazura na Kiss (Jikan yo Tomare) is one of my favorite anime songs so I have been singing that song lately; however; my singing pales in comparison with Niamara123abc’s. That girl’s voice is so wonderful and she does a great job covering that song. :thumbs

kakashi919

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

Sounds like fun :D
You all will be blessed by my epic voice when I get another mic :XD

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ok...so about what I said back in August haha:

One way of trying to find better results is by typing the name of the artist/song preferably in Japanese lol, followed by the term "karaoke" in Japanese again. I'm sure the results would be better that way.
It worked! :pmg

I initially just started out searching the usual way and you do end up coming across a few interesting karaoke clips but they're not so good and most of the time it's a japanese cover of an english song lol.

Anyway...so I decided to type in "jpop カラオ" which, if I am correct, translates to "jpop karaoke" xD and it fricking worked! haha I couldn't believe it. Some Japanese Google translations actually work! Just not for spoilers and some other stuff too. :p

So I came across three cool clips:

- Shabondama ~ Morning Musume performed by LadyAurora
- Gundam SEED ED performed by eririn0312
- Song for me ~ Ohno Satoshi performed by mecchagyaru

Some lack in sound quality but they were the few that stood out for me. ^_^

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

I’m currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka and I’ve become a big fan of this series as well as of its first opening song and first and second ending songs. Below is a very cool fan cover of the second ending song of GTO:

Shizuku (Great Teacher Onizuka Second Ending) - Male Cover Version – perfomed by Shiroukage

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Another great fancover:

Regret - Mai Hoshimura (D.grayman Ending theme) by I3oA

Here’s another cover by a very brave fan that even showed herself while singing the song, but she does it so well that I understand why she had no problem letting people know it was her behind the fancover. :)

D.Grayman ending theme- cover by Deerdz

Here’s a Russian fancover of one of my favorite songs from Ayumi Hamasaki. Len not only has a beautiful voice but she manages to capture the feeling and emotion of the original song and that is not an easy thing to do. I like Len’s version of "Moments" just as much as I like Ayumi’s. :)

【Len】 Moments (rus)

This is my new favorite K-song:

Park Shin Hye - Without Words I love it!!
Yes, that is my new favorite K-song and below are two amazing fan covers of it :):

Without Words - Park Shin Hye (English Cover) by alloha00

Without Words - Park Shin Hye (Spanish Cover) by Belennnshi.

I have been singing ^ that song during most of the afternoon and evening today. I really connected with that song. Park Shin Hye does an amazing job singing that song, but Bel does an incredible job as well. I was so inspired by their wonderful singing that I even recorded myself singing that song.

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Resuscitated Hope - German Fancover [GoSick] by Nagaru16

Amazing fancover! :cool: If it wasn’t because I watched Gosick so I know the original song is in Japanese, I would have no problem believing this was the original song from the anime. Her voice is great! Her singing really captures the feeling behind the song and the series. :thumbs

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have become a fan of 2AM’s “I Did/Was Wrong” :luv:

And it seems I’m not the only one who likes this song since other fans even went ahead and did an English cover of this song ^_^:

I don't think I've seen the second verisio. First I heard this song was from a duo with davichi.

But here's an english take on thhis.

And here’s another English Cover:

Last edited by a moderator: