Hangout - J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The J-Music Show!

Interesting story about Hide. He is a true legend he even has his own museum.

In this past two years me and my friends who have visual kei and j-rock based bands allways do a small event in homage to Hide at the local bar on the day of his death where all local j-based bands come an play Hide or X-japan songs.

It's been actually a sucessfull event and the owners keep inviting us to do more events like this.

Here's a video from last event. This band is actually really good. Just an event between friends :amuse

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hey Des-chan, I'm curious to know when you'll be closing the voting poll? ^^

Come on MH'ers, vote for Tabiudo by Ketsumeishi!!! :cheerbunny

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Some of my favorites from X-Japan are "silent jealousy" and "endless rain", which I would recommend from their older songs. They have some live vids on you tube, and since it's early 90s, the outfits of X-Japan are really interesting =)
Thank you so much for those recommendations, Morigan. :) I listened to both “silent jealousy” and “endless rain”. Both are great songs, but my favorite is “silent jealousy”, I love that song!
And about the outfits, I completely agree with you, they are very interesting.

In this past two years me and my friends who have visual kei and j-rock based bands allways do a small event in homage to Hide at the local bar on the day of his death where all local j-based bands come an play Hide or X-japan songs.

It's been actually a sucessfull event and the owners keep inviting us to do more events like this.

Here's a video from last event. This band is actually really good. Just an event between friends :amuse
I think it’s very cool that you and your friends play X-Japan’s songs at a local bar. :cool: :thumbs. The show looked really fun in the video. :) I bet you guys have a great time during the events. Thank you for sharing that video with us! ^_^

Hey Des-chan, I'm curious to know when you'll be closing the voting poll? ^^
I’ll be closing the voting poll tomorrow.
I’ll write a post indicating the exact moment when the poll will be closing and no more votes will be taken into consideration to decide the winners.

I’ll be closing the poll in a couple of hours, so you still have some time left to vote for your favorite J-song. ^_^ To vote click here.

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

shit, someone please vote for Howling :p

the song's from X Japan are average, nothing yet that would amaze me. Maybe the music's not type, but I will listen to a few more to be sure

Morigan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Interesting story about Hide. He is a true legend he even has his own museum.

Yeah, I also heard that there are big memorial ceremonies in Japan, too :) I liked your video, and like Destiny said, it's so cool that you guys organize these concerts. That must be a lot of work but also lots of fun ^^
Oh, and is the singer of the band Japanese? I couldn't really tell from the video. I'm impressed by her Japanese vocals :)

Thank you so much for those recommendations, Morigan. :) I listened to both “silent jealousy” and “endless rain”. Both are great songs, but my favorite is “silent jealousy”, I love that song!
And about the outfits, I completely agree with you, they are very interesting.
I'm glad you liked it! I also got introduced to X-Japan by a friend who recommended "silent jealousy" and it's also still my favorite X-Japan track :-) It's a very emotional song ^^

the song's from X Japan are average, nothing yet that would amaze me. Maybe the music's not type, but I will listen to a few more to be sure
Could well be a matter of taste :) I know some people who are just not into that type of music. Looking at their skills and talent they're definitely a great band I think ^^

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

No the singer is not japanese. Well japanese phonetics and portuguese phonetics are almost the same so is very easy to have a perfect japanese accent for us ^-^

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

The poll is officially closed.

♪ Welcome to the second J-Music Show!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the J-Music Show. I am Destiny your VJ and I will do my best to make your time here on the show as enjoyable as possible.

(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

The previous posts have been about J-music news and our reactions to them. I had a lot of fun reading your comments and talking about J-music with you guys ♫ . But now it's time to start the show! I would like to start the show talking a bit about V6 . V6 is a six-member Japanese boy band formed by Johnny & Associates. The group debuted on November 1, 1995 with the single "Music for the People", which was used as the image song for the World Cup of Volleyball in 1995.

Similar to their agency, senpai Hikaru Genji, the group is separated into two subgroups based on age. For V6, the group is split into 20th Century and Coming Century, which consists of the three oldest members and three youngest members respectively.

In an interview on Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ, the group stated that the "V" in V6 also stood for "Versus" (20th Century versus Coming Century) at first. However, then-president Johnny Kitagawa informed the group that the "V" had multiple meanings, such as "Volleyball", "Vegetable" (as Sakamoto's parents own a green grocers), "Bicycle" ("V" and "B" are indistinguishable in Japanese; Nagano's parents own a cycling store) and "Veteran".

From 1997 to 2008, V6 hosted their own variety show Gakkō e Ikō (学校へ行こう Let's Go to School?) and is hosting Viva Viva V6 since 2001 on Fuji TV. Along with their group shows, the members also have individual TV shows, dramas or radio programs.

V6 celebrated their tenth year anniversary in 2005, commemorating the event by holding about thirty concerts in sold-out arenas all over Japan, holding 3 major "Thank You Events", releasing the movie Hold Up Down and releasing Musicmind as their new album. They also had a rare "Handshake Session" with hundreds of thousands of fans in Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka.

As separate bands, both of them performed the opening song for the anime, Eyeshield 21. Coming Century performed "Breakthrough", the first opening theme song and 20th Century performed "Innocence", the second opening theme song. As V6, they performed "Chain of Power" as an insert song and "Change the World" as the first opening theme song for the anime Inuyasha.

Members

20th Century
• Masayuki Sakamoto (born July 24, 1971, Tokyo)
• Hiroshi Nagano (born October 9, 1972, Yamato, Kanagawa)
• Yoshihiko Inohara (born May 17, 1976, Tokyo)

Coming Century
• Go Morita (born February 20, 1979, Kasukabe, Saitama)
• Ken Miyake (born July 2, 1979, Kanagawa)
• Junichi Okada (born November 18, 1980, Hirakata, Osaka)

(Wikipedia)

Now that we’ve talked a bit about V6, it’s time to listen to their new single only dreaming / Catch which we’ll listen to in just a few seconds and that ranked # 1 in this week’s J-Pop Oricon / Single Rankings.

Here’s an interview with V6 that I posted a few days ago about this new single:
From JpopAsia

V6 Talk About Heartbreak In Their New Single (interview)
Thanks to xaosmx and allanadeleon for the info!
Source: momoedge

Celebrating their 15th anniversary this year, V6 sat down with Oricon Star to talk about their new single only dreaming/Catch” (to be released September 1) and Yoshihiko Inohara’s (34) upcoming drama “警視庁捜査一課9係 (Keishicho Sousa Ikka 9-gakari)”.

Oricon Star: You’re about to release your first single in a year. ”only dreaming”, which is the theme song to “警視庁捜査一課9係 (Keishicho Sousa Ikka 9-gakari)”, has a sorrowful melody and I was thinking it was mirroring the emotions that arise at the end of a police drama when the criminal finally gets nabbed.
Nagano: Oh I see, that’s another way of thinking about it.
—–
Oricon Star: When did you record the song?
Morita: Record it? It was a while ago.
Inohara: It was during our tour so around April?
Sakamoto: What, April? Was the tour that long ago?
Miyake: We started it on April 3 and finished on June 13, remember!
—–
Oricon Star: When a group records a song, it’s normal for everyone to record their part individually and it’s not until the group appears on music shows that they sing the song together. Does this mean you haven’t sung the song as a group yet?
Inohara: No, we sung it at our last concert. When we all went for sushi the day before we were saying “tomorrow’s the last day so let’s do something. Maybe we should sing the new song?” Our Avex staff member brought along their laptop and we heard who was singing what for the first time. My falsetto made everyone laugh so much. They were like “kawaii~”.
(everyone laughs)
Inohara: Then we contacted the (concert) staff and told them we’d be doing this tomorrow…
Nagano: We rehearsed it the next day. It was our first performance of a song that didn’t have any dance moves yet.
Inohara: The staff were really amazing with the lighting
Sakamoto: There was no information about it at the concert so the crowd looked confused. When we said “this is our new single” they all screamed. But it’s a medium-tempo song so even though we wanted to get the crowd going, we sort of couldn’t (laughs).
Nagano: It was like they were thinking “well, we’ve just got to listen to it” (laughs). It was before the drama had begun too.
—–
Oricon Star: When you first heard this song, what was your first impression?
Morita: It was a break up song, and I thought it had girly lyrics (laughs). I thought men are so weak. It made me wonder what girls might make of it.
Sakamoto: To me, the lyrics stood out. None of our singles up to now had a straightforward break up message. But I kept thinking “what does breaking up have to do with Inohara’s drama?”
Nagano: The lyrics are sorrowful. It made me think “ohh, there’s no way to forget about…”
Inohara: You say it like you’ve experienced it Nagano-kun (laughs).
Miyake: (laughs) He is a popstar. But if you’re a man who has been in love, I think you would have experienced heartbreak like this at least once. To the point where the person you broke up with appears in your dreams every night…
Morita: I took it straightforward at first. I had heard it was a song for Inocchi’s drama, but it was a breakup song. ”Huh, this is so 9pm drama…maybe Inocchi’s going to do a different drama where he goes through a breakup” (laughs).
Miyake: I thought that when we did “GUILTY”. I was wondering whether (Tsunehiko) Watase-san was having an affair (in the drama). ”Is it going to spin off somewhere when I least expect it?” (laughs).
Inohara: I know what you mean. When you think of a 9pm drama series, you always picture Watase-san’s face (laughs).
—–
Oricon Star: The drama is an investigator themed story but in the music video it shows each of you expressing the sadness of heartbreak through singing. When did you film it?
Sakamoto: Sometime in July…
Inohara: It was a really humid day.
—–
Oricon Star: What did you think of the finished product?
Morita: We shot our individual scenes one by one so I had no idea what everyone else had done. When I saw the finished video I was surprised to see that some of members were crying (laughs). I couldn’t cry (laughs).
—–
Oricon Star: Were you asked to cry as well, Morita-san?
Sakamoto and Inohara: Eh, were you asked to?
Morita: Yes!
Miyake: I thought everyone was crying in their shot, but then I was like “hey, you’re not crying!”
Morita: It’s not my fault! I couldn’t get teary!! (laughs)
Inohara: I got asked to “suffer in agony” (laughs).
Miyake: Oh, so that’s why you looked like you were in agony! I thought they had made you take poison or something (laughs).
Inohara: But that was the shot they wanted. The director told me I did a good job afterwards.
—–
Oricon Star: So who got asked to cry in their shot?
Morita, Miyake, Okada: (all raise their hands) Me.
Nagano: I got asked to “imagine that the woman I love had died, and be sad enough to be on the brink of crying”. I got told everyone was being asked the same thing so I just went “oh, okay then”.
Sakamoto: I didn’t get asked anything specific. Just “think about the person you care about” and…thought……….
Inohara: It came out! Because Sakamoto-kun carries around so much sorrow (laughs).

This is not the first time I’ve heard of V6. As an Inuyasha fan, I heard about them because they were the ones who performed the first opening song for Inuyasha (the anime). Inuyasha- Opening 1 / Change the World. Listening to that song and watching that OP is making me feel nostalgic. I had a lot of fun watching Inuyasha, just listening to that song brings back memories of good times to my mind. Oops, I’m getting a bit off topic; let’s go back to V6. Since I was familiar with V6, when I read the interview the first thing I did once I finished reading it was listen to “only dreaming”. I liked the song immediately, not only because I’m a romantic girl :love, but also because I could really feel the sentiment with which V6 sings the song. I could feel by listening to their voices how all the boys had sung from their hearts. Now about the PV, mmm…while I liked most of it, I’m not that fond of the crying scenes. They all looked too forced and fake. I really wish the director hadn’t asked V6 to try to cry, “suffer in agony”, and remember sad things in order to turn on the waterworks. If the director wouldn’t have asked them to cry, but instead he would have asked them to really feel the lyrics of the song, I think the video would have been even better, but that is my humble opinion of course.

But enough of V6, let’s move on to other topics. :) As you must know by now, this show is also about songs that you, the members of the site, like to listen to and that you’re fans of; so without further ado here are the songs you, the “listeners”, have suggested/requested for the show this week and also the most popular songs of the week (the winners from the poll). Enjoy!

1) MY Best Of My Life by Superfly (suggested/requested by Totinona)

2) Yin's theme - Darker Than Black OST - In no Piano / Composed by Yoko Kanno (suggested/requested by naruto-niichan)

3) Darker Than Black OST - Deadly Work / Composed by Yoko Kanno (suggested/requested by naruto-niichan)

4) Darker Than Black OST - Highheel Runaway / Composed by Yoko Kanno (suggested/requested by naruto-niichan)

5) ChAngE by Miwa (suggested/requested by Morigan)

6) God Knows... by ENOZ (Hirano Aya) (suggested/requested by Googlez_kun)

7) Strength by abingdon boys school (suggested/requested by saladesu )

8) Nephilim by abingdon boys school (suggested/requested by saladesu)

9) Ryuusei by TiA (suggested/requested by <.Haruka.>)

10) Tears by X Japan (suggested/requested by BBB Banana)

11) NO, Thank You! by Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama). Accompanied by Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa), Satomi Sato (Ritsu Tainaka), Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki) and Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa Nakano) (suggested/requested by Totinona)

12) A Little Pain by Olivia inspi' Reira(Trapnest) Nana (suggested/requested by Destiny)

13) Sign by FLOW (suggested/requested by naruto-niichan)

14) 曇天 by DOES (suggested/requested by Morigan)

15) Ima Sugu ni by Azu (suggested/requested by <.Haruka.>)

16) Houkago Tea Time - Fudepen ~Ball pen~ by Mio Akiyama(suggested/requested by Totinona)

17) Shiver by The Gazette (suggested/requested by BBB Banana )

18) HOWLING by abingdon boys school (suggested/requested by naruto-niichan)

19) Tabiudo by Ketsumeishi (suggested/requested by ~Buggy*Fly~) (The winner!!!)

Thanks for tuning in everybody!! I’ll be back next week, and please don’t forget to vote here to decide what song will be the top 1 of the second J-Music Show!

Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

muhahahaha I won! I mean Ketsumeishi won! :vbunny

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Congrats Bugz :)

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

hmpf, congratz buggy :p

Could well be a matter of taste I know some people who are just not into that type of music. Looking at their skills and talent they're definitely a great band I think ^^
yeah seems like their music is not my taste, couldn't find anything I really liked :darn but you are right, they are a good band, it's just not my thing.

now for another round of voting. I didn't plan to actually suggest the OST but it's nice to see that you put it in :) the new song's are good, especially liked the abs suggestions by sala (no surprise :tem ). Voted for Strength because I listen to that a lot of time and I still think it's great. Love Miwa's song too, it has a nice touch (do not know how to put it in words :?bunny )

@desty the old songs are in the voting too? it will be hard to decide after some rounds and like 50 different songs, especially for new participants who would have to listen to all these songs. I'm not sure if that's actually a good idea. Nothing against you, just a thing I'm not so sure about :s

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

@ Bugzee: Congrats to Ketsumeishi and congrats to you too!! :confetti That song is really good, so I wasn’t surprised to find out Tabiudo was the winner. :)

now for another round of voting. I didn't plan to actually suggest the OST but it's nice to see that you put it in :)
All the songs were very cool so I thought it would be a waste not to put them in. ;) However guys, if you see a song and you would like me to remove it from the list because you weren’t planning to suggest it or because it is not your favorite anymore, please feel free to let me know via a post here in this thread or by sending me a PM. ^_^

@desty the old songs are in the voting too? it will be hard to decide after some rounds and like 50 different songs, especially for new participants who would have to listen to all these songs. I'm not sure if that's actually a good idea. Nothing against you, just a thing I'm not so sure about :s
Thank you for mentioning this, naruto-nii. If you guys have any questions, suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to post them. Now going back to your question, I thought I would include the old songs from the previous show, but only the ones that were voted for in the poll (in other words, only the ones that were the most popular). The other songs were “eliminated”. Now since it was the first show, I included all the old songs that received votes, but in future shows I will only include the old songs that receive the most votes, in that way it will prevent us from having a long list of songs which could difficult the voting process. That was the reason why I included the old songs, but if you guys think it would be better to have a fresh set of songs for each show, I’m okay with that as well. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

From JpopAsia

Ayumi Hamasaki’s Official Website Updated - New Single
Thanks to dilaChan and ayakazuya for the info!

Ayumi Hamasaki’s official website has been updated earlier today with information pertaining to her upcoming single titled “Crossroad.” Ayumi’s 49th single, “Crossroad,” will be released on September 22nd and is composed by Tetsuya Komuro. Another track on the EP will be a cover version of TM Network’s song, “SEVEN DAYS WAR.”

CD+DVD CD Tracklist

1. crossroad (Original mix)
2. SEVEN DAYS WAR (Original mix)
3. blossom (remix)
4. crossroad (Original mix -Instrumental-)
5. SEVEN DAYS WAR (Original mix -Instrumental-)

DVD Tracklist

1. crossroad (video clip)
2. crossroad (making clip)
3. blossom (video clip)

CD-Only A Tracklist

3. blossom (remix)
4. MOON (Orchestra version)
5. crossroad (Original mix -Instrumental-)
6. SEVEN DAYS WAR (Original mix -Instrumental-)

CD-Only B Tracklist

3. blossom (remix)
4. blossom (Orchestra version)
5. crossroad (Original mix -Instrumental-)
6. SEVEN DAYS WAR (Original mix -Instrumental-)

From JpopAsia

AKB48 Sub-unit “Watarirouka” Gets First Album!
Thanks to dilaChan and ayakazuya for the info!

AKB48 sub-unit Watarirouka Hashiritai has announced the release of their first album, “Rouka wa Hashiruna!“, to come out on October 13th.

The unit formed back in October of 2008 with members Watanabe Mayu, Oota Aika, Nakagawa Haruka, and Hirajima Natsumi. They debuted at the beginning of 2009 with the single, “Hatsukoi DASH/Aoi Mirai,” and were met with great success. Over the past year and three months, they have released six singles and even added another member, Kikuchi Ayaka.

Their first album will be released on the second year anniversary of their formation. It will bring together many of their hits such as “Hatsukoi DASH,” “Aoi Mirai,” “Yaruki Hanabi,” “Kanpeki Gu~ na ne,” “Akkanbe Bashi,” “Seishun no Flag,” and “Gyuu.” All together it will total 12 songs, and it will be available in a CD version and a CD + DVD limited version. The limited version will have two different DVDs to choose from, so there will be a total of three possible versions for fans to pick up.

For fans who can’t get enough, they will also be releasing an image DVD on October 20th, just one week after the album. It will give a glimpse of Watarirouka that isn’t usually seen.

Watarirouka’s newest single, “Gyuu”, ranked at number two on the Oricon chart for September 13th, and it is clear that the AKB48 sub-unit will be striving to get as much attention and sales as their bigger sister group.

From JpopAsia

GLAY Teases Fans With “Precious” Trailer
Thanks to xaosmx and sakifujiwara for the info!
Source: tokyohve,natalie

GLAY will be releasing a new single "Precious" under their personal label. The limited edition version of the release comes with a DVD, and the band has decided to tease fans about the contents through their official Youtube channel.

The DVD limited version will contain the promotional video for the title track, as well as a “making of” feature. The exciting part of the DVD will be the exclusive footage of GLAY’s performances of “Mayfair” and “BELOVED” from their “GLAY LIVE TOUR 2010-2011 ROCK AROUND THE WORLD” concert tour. The teaser features some great shots of the live performances and really conveys just how touched all the fans in the audience were by the band.

GLAY is keeping busy with promotional work for “Precious”, and the group appeared on Ustream today on the “GLAY Talk Live” streaming show to discuss the new single. They will also appear on the two-hour special episode of Asahi’s “Music Station” on September 10th to perform the song.

Click here to watch the trailer of "Precious" and clips from the DVD

GLAY “Precious” Track Listing:

1.Precious
2.HEART SNOW ~Kokoro ni Furu Yuki~
3. Kanojo no “Modern…”
4.10th ALBUM 『GLAY』

Limited Edition DVD:

1. Precious

2.May Fair LIVE from 「GLAY LIVE TOUR 2010-2011 ROCK AROUND THE WORLD」

3.BELOVED LIVE from 「GLAY LIVE TOUR 2010-2011 ROCK AROUND THE WORLD」

4.Precious (Making of)

Koda Kumi Preparing For New Album Release
Thanks to xaosmx and SmileHime for the info!

J-Pop Queen Koda Kumi will release a new album titled ETERNITY ~Love & Songs~ on october 13th. The tracklist contents famous 70s, 80s and 90s songs which will be modern reedited.

Tracklist:

1.I love you,SAYONARA(チェッカーズ)
2.言えないよ(郷ひろみ)
3.勝手にしやがれ(沢田研二)
4.さよならの向こう側(山口百恵)
5.0時前のツンデレラ()
6.SWEET MEMORIES(松田聖子)
7.スワローテイル・バタフライ~あいのうた~(YEN TOWN BAND)
8.TATTOO(中森明菜)
9.小さな恋のうた(MONGOL800)
10.BE MY BABY(COMPLEX)
11.め組みのひと(ラッツ&スター)
12.ラブ・イズ・オーヴァー(欧陽菲菲)
13.ワインレッドの心(安全地帯)
ほか、曲順、収録曲数未定
----

1. Checkers - I love you, SAYONARA
2. Hiromi Go - Ienai yo
3. Kenji Sawada - Katte Ni Shiyagare
4. Momoe Yamaguchi - Sayonara no Mukougawa
5. misono - 0-ji Mae no Tsunderella
6. Seiko Matsuda - SWEET MEMORIES
7. YEN TOWN BAND - Swallowtail Butterfly ~ai no uta~
8. Akina Nakamori - TATTOO
9. MONGOL800 - Chiisana Koi No Uta
10. COMPLEX - BE MY BABY
11. RATS & STAR - Megumi no Hito
12. Ou Yang Fei Fei - Love is over
13. Anzenchitai - Wine Red no Kokoro

KinKi Kids to hold a concert tour in December
by ayachu

Japanese duo, KinKi Kids announced that they’ll hold a Japanese tour titled “KinKi Kids Concert Tour 2010-2011″ on their Johnny’s official website earlier today.

The tour will begin on December 8th and will be held in four different locations, Fukuoka, Hokkaido, Tokyo and Osaka. The tickets are priced at 7500 yen, which is approximately $89.

KinKi Kids Concert Tour 2010-2011 Information:

Marine Messe Fukuoka
12/08/2010 (Wed) 18:30
12/09/2010 (Thu) 18:30

Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center
12/18/2010 (Sat) 18:30
12/19/2010 (Sun) 16:00

Tokyo Dome
12/30/2010 (Thu) 17:30
12/31/2010 (Fri) 17:30
01/01/2011 (Sat) 17:30

Kyocera Dome – Osaka
01/08/2011 (Sat) 18:00
01/09/2011 (Sun) 18:00
01/10/2011 (Mon) 16:00

Onitsuka Chihiro got attacked by a man she knows
by Shiso

Today, it is being reported that singer Onitsuka Chihiro was attacked on August 18th at her apartment by a man she was familiar with.

According to Sanspo, she suffered injuries that will require about a month to heal. The man who attacked Chihiro has been missing after the incident, and the police department in Shibuya is looking after him.

On the 13th, Chihiro’s agency put a comment on her official site that she is almost fully recovered now, and is working on her new album, but they can not tell the details about the incident since it’s still under investigation.

Source: Sanspo + Oricon Style

GACKT attends Toronto International Film Festival

by Sujin

This past weekend, J-rock star GACKT flew to Toronto for the world premier of “Bunraku” at the Toronto International Film Festival on 9/11.

Also in attendance were Hollywood stars Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman, and Kevin McKidd.

The Back Horn host first Ustream event
by Novaforever

Rock band The Back Horn will be celebrating the release of their new album with a Ustream live appearance. The album, “Asylum,” will come out on September 15th, but the group will be running a special program on September 13th at 10PM.

The Back Horn have never done a Ustream live broadcast before, so this is quite the special event for fans. This “‘Asylum” live talk will go over the process of making the new album with the band, and all members will go over details that lead to its completion.

Stream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/speedstarch

Source: Natalie

Kanjani8 releases new album + group movie
by akikat

Kanjani8 announced in a press conference yesterday that they will be releasing a new album that will feature a 77 minute movie. The album will carry the title “8UPPERS” (PacchiUPPERS) and is scheduled to be released on October 20.

As expected, it will be the limited edition that will come with the movie DVD. This will be the first time the group stars in a movie together where they portray characters who are within the gangster community. The story will mainly focus on repairing the relationship with a particular family, and as they portray characters from the underground, we can also expect some action. This movie will also be shown in 50 TOHO Cinema screens across Japan on October 20.

Kanjani8 member Maruyama Ryuhei (26) said in the press conference that the movie will show a side of the group that has not been seen before. Being the funny comedic group, it sure is difficult to imagine them playing gangsters. Another member, Nishikido Ryo (25), said that he’s confident that their album will be a success, as it also includes their two newest singles. “Fans can enjoy listening to these songs without relying on the PVs”, he said.

Source: MomoEdgewood

Music Station asks, “Which artists will have their break this year?”
by akikat

Music Station recently conducted a survey that asked who will be the “2nd Half Of The Year Breakout Artist“, and the results were just recently released on their official website.

To the surprise of nobody, Shoujo Jidai (SNSD) topped the survey, but the rest of the results might introduce you to some good up and coming groups.

1. SHOUJO JIDAI

2. Kis-my-Ft2

3. DOES

4. moumoon

5. KARA

6. WEAVER

7. Galileo Galilei

8. sakanaction

9. S/mileage

10. French Kiss

Source: Arama They Didn’t, Asahi

Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Great to see DOES on that list they deserve to be more popular :)

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, it does seem like 2010 is the year for DOES. :) “On April 21, 2010, the band released single "Bakuchi Dancer." The single sold around 33,000 copies in its initial week and debuted at #3 on the Oricon weekly charts. The single ended up to be the 30th best selling single for the first half of 2010.” (wikipedia)

Angela Aki lets fans pick favorites for 5th anniversary concert
by Novaforever

Singer/songwriter Angela Aki will be holding a very special concert event to mark her 5th anniversary as a singer in Japan. The live will take place at the Osaka Castle Hall on December 20th, and again at Tokyo Budokan on the 26th. It will be titled, “HOME SWEET HOME ‘5YEARS’ ~Best hit & Request~.”

This will be part of the end of the year tradition of holding concerts at the Tokyo Budokan arena, this time as a part of her 5th anniversary celebration. In particular, Angela says she wants to thank her fans at her live event, which will feature a band and her piano. Angela will be reaching out to her devoted fans by allowed them to request for her best hit performance.

Angela Aki’s official website is currently accepting the requests for songs. Fans can choose songs from her indie career, singles, or studio albums. They are allowed up to 5 selections of their favorites for the voting process.

HOME SWEET HOME “5 YEARS”~Best Hit & Request~

December 20th – Osaka – Osaka Castle Hall
OPEN 18:00 / START 19:00

December 26th – Tokyo – Budokan
OPEN 17:00 / START 18:00

Source: Natalie

From JpopAsia

Tokyo Girls’ Style Release PV For Their New Single
Thanks to dilaChan and KATTUNLOVE for the info!

Dance & vocal group, Tokyo Girls’ Style, has released the PV to their upcoming single ”Himawari to Hoshizuku” on their official YouTube.

They are Avex’s new girl unit, and they have been dubbed by some as ”Sweets v.2″. The members are Ayano Konishi, Miyu Yamabe, Hitomi Arai, Yuri Nakae, and Mei Shyoji, all of whom are said to be aged around 12-years-old.

This will be the group’s fourth single this year since their debut in May. It will be released on 10/6 and will have five tracks, including one B-side, “Kitto Wasurenai“, which is an image song in the movie, “Kimi ga Odoru, Natsu”. Tracks three and four are instrumentals to the title track and B-side, respectively, while track five is titled, “TGS06 –NEW SONG Senkouongen-”. Whether that’s the actual name of the track, I’m not too sure.

The single will have three editions, with one being only obtainable by going to mu-mo’s shop event. The limited edition will include the PV of “Himawari to Hoshizuku”, a “making of” movie, one of six random jacket cards, and an invitation to the TGS Christmas Event. The normal version will include an eight page booklet and invitation to the TGS Christmas Event. The mu-mo shop edition will include a “Special movie” on the DVD (Title TBA) and one of six random jacket cards.

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thank you for mentioning this, naruto-nii. If you guys have any questions, suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to post them. Now going back to your question, I thought I would include the old songs from the previous show, but only the ones that were voted for in the poll (in other words, only the ones that were the most popular). The other songs were “eliminated”. Now since it was the first show, I included all the old songs that received votes, but in future shows I will only include the old songs that receive the most votes, in that way it will prevent us from having a long list of songs which could difficult the voting process. That was the reason why I included the old songs, but if you guys think it would be better to have a fresh set of songs for each show, I’m okay with that as well. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for the help. :)
no, I do think it's ok to bring in songs from older contests. Just not that much.Top three should be included, even when the song numbers are high, I just feared their would be too much songs if you add all which are voted for every week. Maybe the top 5 will be good for now :tem And because the numbers are increasing, why not put up a multiple chose voting. With over 20 songs in the next contest, there should be at least two votes you can make because it's hard to decide for just one. Only a suggestion, it's up to you to decide ;)

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Thank you very much for the suggestions, naruto-nii! :) I think including the top 5 of each poll is a great idea. :thumbs As for allowing to vote for more than one song, I think I will allow this if the list of songs exceeds 20 songs. ^_^

Linkin Park to collaborate with Gundam
by ayachu

Warner Music Japan has announced that popular American rock band, Linkin Park will be contributing a theme song for Bandai Namco’s arcade game “Kidou Senshi Gundam EXTREME VS.”

The theme song used for the video game is titled “The Catalyst.” This is the first time that a video game from the Gundam series will have a song featured by an artist who isn’t Japanese. However, Linkin Park rapper Mike “Kenji” Shinoda is of Japanese descent (Father – Japanese, Mother – Russian).

A special limited edition of their album “A Thousand Suns” will be released on November 24th. It’s tentatively titled the Gunpla 30th Anniversary Edition and will include a special Linkin Park edition Gundam plastic model kit. (Gunpla = Gundam plastic model)

SOURCE: WMG

American producer launches Japanese urban collaboration
by Novaforever

Huge American producer SKI BEATZ will be releasing a new solo album that features a formidable assortment of Japanese urban artists. The album will serve as a Japanese flip-side to the American album release. SKI BEATZ is well-known in the US for his production for artists like Jay-Z, Curren$y, Lil’ Kim, Mos Def, and Foxy Brown.

The album is titled “24 HOUR KARATE SCHOOL JAPAN“, and will feature many of the top urban artists in Japan: ANARCHY (R-rated), Ryuzo (R-Rated), ZEEBRA, Seeda, TWIGY, DABO, MACCHO (OZROSAURUS), TETRAD THE GANG OF FOUR, B.I.G.JOE, and KGE the Shadowmen.

“24 HOUR KARATE SCHOOL JAPAN” will feature cover artwork from artist Okazaki Takashi, famous for his work on the animated series “Afro Samurai.”

The Japanese collaboration album will be out October 20th, and the American version will be released on September 21st. The American release will feature many of the artists that SKI BEATZ has helped produce in the past, such as Curren$y, Jay Electronica, and Stalley.

24 HOUR KARATE SCHOOL JAPAN track list:

•01. AMEMURAN DREAM / INFUMIAI KUMIAI

•02. GO / SEEDA

•03. NIHONJIN RAPPER SOSENKYO / HANNYA

•04. 24 BARS TO KILL / ANARCHY, RINO LATINA II, KAN, MACCHO

•05. JAPANESE TOKKOTAI BANCHO / TETRAD THE GANG OF FOUR

•06. MY CITY / GAZZILA

•07. HEAVEN’S DOOR / RYUZO, B.I.G.JOE

•08. RUNNIN’ / BARAGAKI, ZEUS

•09. REMEMBER SHADOWMEN / KGE THE SHADOWMEN

•10. ROC RATED / ANARCHY, LA BONO, RYUZO

•11. MCW (MUCHA CUCHA WARU) / TWIGY, DABO

•12. FOLLOW ME / SMITH-CN

•13. HEY TAXI / ISSUGI, S.L.A.C.K.

•14. 24 BARS TO KILL REMIX feat. DJ TY-KOH /

•ZEEBRA, D.O., SIMON, SHINGO NISHINARI (CD BONUS TRACK)

Guitar Wolf announces US tour!
by Novaforever

Japanese garage band Guitar Wolf has announced a new tour for the United States for the months of September and October.

The band will be doing seven shows across the country, from California to New York. They are particularly known for their off-the-wall lives and having incredible amounts of energy. Fans who live in one of the tour cities should definitely not miss this!

<Guitar Wolf Fire Tour US 2010:>

•September 23rd – New York City – Santos Party House, 96 Layayette Street, New York, NY

•September 25th – Memphis – “Goner Fest” at Hi Tone Cafe, 1913 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN

•September 27th – Atlanta – Drunken Unicorn (18+ show), 736 Ponce de Leon Place, Atlanta, GA

•September 29th – Austin – Mohawk, 912 Red River, Austin, TX

•October 1st – Las Vegas – Matador 21 at Pearl-Palms Concert Theater, 4321 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV

•October 3rd – Los Angeles – El Rey Theatre, 5515 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA

•October 4th – San Francisco – Bottom of the Hill, 1233 17th Street, San Francisco, CA

DJ Hello Kitty releases first album!
by Novaforever

DJ Hello Kitty will be releasing her first album, “DJ Hello Kitty In the Mix,” on October 20th.

This year’s ‘a-nation’10 HOUSE NATION Fiesta‘ featured an appearance from DJ Hello Kitty, which caused quite an uproarious sensation! The new album release will contain several of her favorite artists such as Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Mariah Carey. It will include a wide variety of popular songs from different genres.

Also featured on this album will be a special DJ Hello Kitty remix of Tohoshinki members JEJUNG & YUCHUN’s “COLORS~Melody and Harmony~”, a single released to commemorate the 35th anniversary of “Hello Kitty” in Japan.

Check the tracklist below!

「DJ Hello Kitty in the Mix」track list:

01. Just Dance feat. COLBY O’DONIS / LADY GAGA
02. One More Time(HOUSE NATION Remix) / SUNSET IN IBIZA
03. I Gotta Feeling / BLACK EYED PEAS
04. I Kissed A Girl(Jason Nevins Funkrokr Edit) / Katy Perry
05. Nothing In This World(Jason Nevins Extended Remix) / Paris Hilton
06. I Know You Want Me(Calle Ocho) (More English Extended) / PITBULL
07. HEAVEN(DAISHI DANCE Remix Chieko Kinbara) / Hamasaki Ayumi
08. Touch My Body / Mariah Carey
09. My Girl / HONOREBEL feat. SEAN KINGSTON & TRINA
10. Lala Song(Tocadisco Remix) / BOB SINCLAR & SUGARHILL GANG
11. ~Interlude 1~
12. Thriller(Vocal Club Mix) / Richard Grey
13. …Baby One More Time(Davidson Ospina 2005 Remix) / Britney Spears
14. Beautiful(Peter Rauhofer Remix) / Christina Aguilara
15. ~Interlude 2~
16.Smells Like Rerox / Patrick Alavi
17. When Love Takes Over(HOUSE NATION Electro Mix) / RIVENDELL
18. Heavenly Star(HOUSE NATION Remix) / Genki Rockets
19. DJ Hello Kitty(HOUSE NATION Remix) / DJ Hello Kitty
20. COLORS ~Melody and Harmony~(DJ Hello Kitty Remix) / JEJUNG & YUCHUN(from Tohoshinki)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MynuPqbYSt8

Source: natalie

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: J-Pop Oricon

I’m an ARASHI fan (Matsumoto Jun *swoons*) as well.
So I’m happy to see their album doing so well. But on the other hand, since I’m also a Gackt fan, I was a bit sad that his album didn’t make the top 30 this week. :(

And on another note, it was cool to see that Stevie Wonder did make the top 30. ^_^ :thumbs

J- Pop Oricon

Oricon Weekly for 2010 week 33

Single Rankings

Artist: Fukuyama Masaharu
Single: Hotaru / Shounen
Publisher: Universal Music
Released: 2010.08.11
Sales: 158,002​

# ARTIST / SINGLE / SALES

2 Perfume / VOICE / 84,911

3 T.M.Revolution / Naked arms /[/b] SWORD SUMMIT / 66,013

4 SMAP / This is love / 41,193

5 KARA / Mister / 29,238

6 TOKIO / NaNaNa (Taiyou Nante Ira nee) / 27,571

7 Nishino Kana / if / 16,334

8 HO-KAGO TEA TIME / NO, Thank You! / 16,044

9 HO-KAGO TEA TIME / Utauyo!! MIRACLE / 15,563

10 Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi / Oretachi no Nirai Kanai / 13,637

11 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS / Ato Hitotsu / 12,736

12 ikimono-gakari / Kimi ga Iru / 12,125

13 Hata Motohiro / Toumei Datta Sekai / 11,544

14 Kitano Kie / Hanataba / 11,176

15 Sakimoto Hiromi / Sayonara / 9,741

16 Yamashita Tomohisa / One in a million / 9,549

17 Matsuoka Mitsuru / W / 8,786

18 Yusuke / Mitsubachi / 8,685

19 ICONIQ / TOKYO LADY / 6,656

20 Ayase Haruka / Marguerite / 6,319

21 ARASHI / To be free / 6,268

22 Team Dragon from AKB48 / Kokoro no Hane / 6,148

23 Shinsengumi Lien Ai no Uta 6,013

24 Amuro Namie Break It / Get Myself Back 5,932

25 Oshima Mai / Aitte Nandaho / 5,510

26 no3b / Kimi Shika / 4,672

27 Kaibutsu-kun (Kaibutsu Taro) / Yukai Tsuukai Kaibutsu-kun / 4,597

28 NICO Touches the Walls / Sudden Death Game / 4,080

29 Sakanaction / Identity / 3,735

30 Idoling!!! / Poolside Daisakusen / 3,650

Album Rankings

Artist: ARASHI
Album: Boku no Miteiru Fuukei
Publisher: J Storm
Released: 2010.08.04
Sales: 730,851​

# ARTIST / ALBUM / SALES

2 RIP SLYME / GOOD TIMES / 39,498

3 SCANDAL / TEMPTATION BOX / 34,946

4 Kato Miliyah / HEAVEN / 27,643

5 Cocco / Emerald / 21,585

6 Various Artists / Hagane no Renkinjutsushi FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST FINAL BEST /17,015

7 Nishino Kana / to LOVE / 15,923

8 lecca / Power Butterfly / 15,676

9 CRAZY KEN BAND / MINT CONDITION / 14,591

10 HY / ACHI SOUND ~HY LOVE SUMMER~/ 14,077

11 SMAP / We are SMAP! / 13,458

12 YUI / HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN / 12,828

13 Charice / Charice / 11,962

14 Kariyushi 58 / Mensoore, Kariyushi / 11,234

15 Shonan no Kaze / Shonan no Kaze ~Shonan Bakuon BREAKS!~ mixed by The BK Sound / 10,012

16 Buono! / The Best Buono! / 8,494

17 cosMo@Bousou P feat. Hatsune Miku / Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu / 7,002

18 MONKEY MAJIK / MONKEY MAJIK BEST ~10 Years & Forever~ / 5,371

19 Okuda Tamio / OTRL / 5,332

20 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS / FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Best / 5,299

21 Various Artists / BEST HIT NARUTO / 5,060

22 Angra / Aqua / 5,015

23 FIRE BALL / ZERO / 4,831

24 ARASHI / All the BEST! 1999-2009 / 4,747

25 VAMPS / BEAST / 4,660

26 EXILE / FANTASY / 4,412

27 Lady Gaga / The Fame Monster / 4,238

28 moumoon / SPARK / 3,929

29 Oasis / Time Flies... 1994–2009 / 3,796

30 Eminem / Recovery / 3,781

J- Pop Oricon

Oricon Weekly for 2010 week 34

Single Rankings

Artist: AKB48
Single: Heavy Rotation
Publisher: KING RECORDS
Released: 2010.08.18
Sales: 527,336​

2 Acid Black Cherry / Re:birth / 47,381

3 AAA / Makenai Kokoro / 45,992

4 Fukuyama Masaharu / Hotaru / Shounen / 37,283

5 T.M.Revolution / Naked arms / SWORD SUMMIT / 16,040

6 SMAP / This is love / 14,510

7 Perfume / VOICE / 14,452

8 Nakagawa Shoko / Flying Humanoid / Sen no Kotoba to Futari no Himitsu / 13,217

9 Choshinsei / Ai Kotoba / 13,112

10 Kishida Kyoudan & THE Akeboshi Rockets / HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD / 12,202

11 KARA / Mister / 10,887

12 Various Artists / ROAD TO PLAYZONE / 9,656

13 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS / Ato Hitotsu / 9,576

14 Nishino Kana / if / 9,517

15 TETSUYA / LOOKING FOR LIGHT / 8,039

16 HO-KAGO TEA TIME / NO, Thank You! / 7,952

17 HO-KAGO TEA TIME / Utauyo!! MIRACLE / 7,554

18 CHEMISTRY + Synergy / Shawty / 7,500

19 Justin Bieber / Never Say Never feat. Jaden Smith / Somebody to Love feat. Usher / 6,724

20 John-Hoon / Al Dente / 6,677

21 ikimono-gakari / Kimi ga Iru / 5,735

22 Team Dragon from AKB48 / Kokoro no Hane / 5,465

23 TOKIO / NaNaNa (Taiyou Nante Ira nee) / 5,321

24 Miura Daichi / The Answer / 5,213

25 Kitagami Mimi (CV Ogawa Mana) with MM Gakuen Gasshoubu / Mecha Motetai! / 4,740

26 Yamashita Tomohisa / One in a million / 4,430

27 ARASHI / To be free / 4,238

28 AKB48 / Ponytail to Chouchou / 4,113

29 Dream / My Way ~ULala~ / 3,704

30 Katate☆SIZE / Sparkly☆Start / 3,694

Album Rankings

Artist: Inaba Koshi
Album: Hadou
Publisher: VERMILLION RECORDS
Released: 2010.08.18
Sales: 127,346​

2 ARASHI Boku no Miteiru Fuukei 48,536

3 RIP SLYME GOOD TIMES 23,885

4 Kato Miliyah HEAVEN 13,865

5 Iron Maiden The Final Frontier 13,516

6 Charice Charice 12,147

7 Various Artists Katekyo Hitman REBORN! Character Album SONG "BLUE" ~rivale~10,865

8 SCANDAL TEMPTATION BOX 10,184

9 Nishino Kana to LOVE 9,894

10 Oku Hanako Utakata 9,191

11 SMAP We are SMAP! 9,100

12 Various Artists Hagane no Renkinjutsushi FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST FINAL BEST 9,069

13 lecca Power Butterfly 8,658

14 Noa Noaism 8,032

15 Cocco Emerald 7,032

16 HY ACHI SOUND ~HY LOVE SUMMER~ 5,986

17 YUI HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN 5,566

18 Shonan no Kaze Shonan no Kaze ~Shonan Bakuon BREAKS!~ mixed by The BK Sound 5,110

19 Kariyushi 58 Mensoore, Kariyushi 4,932

20 Sting Symphonicities 4,737

21 CRAZY KEN BAND MINT CONDITION 4,555

22 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Best 4,117

23 cosMo@Bousou P feat. Hatsune Miku Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu 4,001

24 Clémentine Animetine ~Bossa du Animé~ 3,612

25 Takahashi Naozumi infinity 3,441

26 ARASHI All the BEST! 1999-2009 3,398

27 Ishino Takkyu CRUISE 3,347

28 Lady Gaga The Fame Monster 3,234

29 Blind Guardian At the Edge of Time 3,101

30 EXILE FANTASY 3,016

J- Pop Oricon

Oricon Weekly for 2010 week 35

Single Rankings

Artist: Kanjani8
Single: LIFE ~Menomae no Mukou e~
Publisher: Teichiku Entertainment
Released: 2010.08.25
Sales: 256,245​

2 Kuwata Keisuke Honto wa Kowai Ai to Romance 110,456

3 Hikawa Kiyoshi Nijiiro no Bayon 66,048

4 AKB48 Heavy Rotation 64,671

5 Yuzu Jiai e no Tabiji 39,698

6 Hannya, Fruit Punch Punch Shitatte Ii n da yo 29,023

7 BIGBANG BEAUTIFUL HANGOVER 25,461

8 °C-ute Dance de Bakoon! 21,677

9 supercell Utakata Hanabi / Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni 20,310

10 Nakashima Mika Ichiban Kirei na Watashi wo 16,816

11 Fukuyama Masaharu Hotaru / Shounen 16,555

12 Alice Nine Senkou 14,315

13 AK-69 PUBLIC ENEMY 13,671

14 KARA Mister 9,893

15 Acid Black Cherry Re:birth 8,618

16 Perfume VOICE 7,629

17 SMAP This is love 7,095

18 Matsushita Yuya Bird / 4 Seasons 6,920

19 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Ato Hitotsu 6,798

20 T.M.Revolution Naked arms / SWORD SUMMIT 6,747

21 Salyu LIFE 6,731

22 Nishino Kana if 6,250

23 AAA Makenai Kokoro 6,049

24 Sebastian Michaelis (Ono Daisuke) Kuroshitsuji, Nesshou 5,428

25 Mikado Chuji Ame Furu Hatoba 5,267

26 HO-KAGO TEA TIME NO, Thank You! 5,204

27 ALI PROJECT Katana to Saya 5,157

28 HO-KAGO TEA TIME Utauyo!! MIRACLE 4,862

29 Nakamura Mitsuko Jinsei Ichido 4,590

30 Kishida Kyoudan & THE Akeboshi Rockets HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD 4,204

Album Rankings

Artist: Kobukuro
Album: ALL COVERS BEST
Publisher: Warner Music Japan
Released: 2010.08.25
Sales: 290,514​

2 ARASHI Boku no Miteiru Fuukei 32,332

3 Inaba Koshi Hadou 24,110

4 WEAVER Shinsekai Souzouki.Zenpen 15,865

5 Takamiy Fantasia 15,420

6 Katy Perry Teenage Dream 15,261

7 RIP SLYME GOOD TIMES 14,616

8 Charice Charice 9,454

9 Kato Miliyah HEAVEN 8,522

10 Mochida Kaori NIU 8,350

11 Nishino Kana to LOVE 8,193

12 Various Artists No Limit ~Jimen ni Heading~ Original Soundtrack 7,191

13 Juliet Real 5,860

14 lecca Power Butterfly 5,819

15 Kariyushi 58 Mensoore, Kariyushi 5,763

16 Various Artists Hagane no Renkinjutsushi FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST FINAL BEST 5,636

17 Klaxons Surfing the Void 5,342

18 Clémentine Animetine ~Bossa du Animé~ 5,316

19 m.o.v.e anim.o.v.e 02 5,062

20 SCANDAL TEMPTATION BOX 4,811

21 Various Artists You're Beautiful Original Soundtrack 4,518

22 SEEDA BREATHE 4,411

23 Iron Maiden The Final Frontier 4,391

24 SMAP We are SMAP! 4,378

25 Cocco Emerald 4,068

26 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Best 3,957

27 Various Artists Perfect! R&B 3 -Wild & Sexy Playlist- 3,925

28 Shonan no Kaze Shonan no Kaze ~Shonan Bakuon BREAKS!~ mixed by The BK Sound 3,879

29 Ohguro Maki Suppin 3,864

30 angela Soukyuu no Fafner HEAVEN AND EARTH Image Mini-Album 3,848

J- Pop Oricon

Oricon Weekly for 2010 week 36

Single Rankings

Artist: V6
Single: only dreaming / Catch
Publisher: avex trax
Released: 2010.09.01
Sales: 56,622​

2 Watarirouka Hashiritai Gyu 38,021

3 AKB48 Heavy Rotation 27,520

4 Kuraki Mai SUMMER TIME GONE 25,332

5 Kanjani8 LIFE ~Menomae no Mukou e~ 23,822

6 Kuwata Keisuke Honto wa Kowai Ai to Romance 18,703

7 BUCK-TICK Kuchizuke 14,011

8 miwa chAngE 13,027

9 Hikawa Kiyoshi Nijiiro no Bayon 11,601

10 SPEED Yubiwa 11,136

11 Hannya, Fruit Punch Punch Shitatte Ii n da yo 8,638

12 Fukuyama Masaharu Hotaru / Shounen 8,266

13 KARA Mister 7,799

14 SuG R.P.G. ~Rockin' Playing Game 7,508

15 Yuzu Jiai e no Tabiji 6,481

16 Nakashima Mika Ichiban Kirei na Watashi wo 6,308

17 supercell Utakata Hanabi / Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni 4,590

18 BIGBANG BEAUTIFUL HANGOVER 4,567

19 Perfume VOICE 4,358

20 AK-69 PUBLIC ENEMY 4,209

21 Nishino Kana if 4,039

22 Mizumori Kaori Matsushima Kikou 3,975

23 Acid Black Cherry Re:birth 3,709

24 T.M.Revolution Naked arms / SWORD SUMMIT 3,659

25 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Ato Hitotsu 3,625

26 SMAP This is love 3,556

27 AKB48 Ponytail to Chouchou 3,515

28 HO-KAGO TEA TIME NO, Thank You! 3,166

29 HO-KAGO TEA TIME Utauyo!! MIRACLE 3,060

30 Ohkawa Eisaku Hagure Bune 2,975

Album Rankings

Artist: Superfly
Album: Wildflower & Cover Songs: Complete Best 'TRACK 3'
Publisher: Warner Music Japan
Released: 2010.09.01
Sales: 146,114​

2 Domoto Koichi BPM 140,040

3 Kobukuro ALL COVERS BEST 71,645

4 ARASHI Boku no Miteiru Fuukei 18,448

5 Underworld Barking 12,178

6 INFINITY 16 LOVE 11,155

7 Shinsengumi Lien Joukyou Monogatari 9,813

8 Inaba Koshi Hadou 9,669

9 RIP SLYME GOOD TIMES 9,074

10 WEAVER Shinsekai Souzouki.Zenpen 8,754

11 Katy Perry Teenage Dream 8,347

12 KIRINJI BUOYANCY 7,203

13 Charice Charice 6,964

14 Nishino Kana to LOVE 6,323

15 SHAKALABBITS Phasemeter Trippin' Bug Shake 5,735

16 Stone Sour Audio Secrecy 5,450

17 Kato Miliyah HEAVEN 5,395

18 Hatsune Miku Miku no Hi Kanshasai 39's Giving Day Project DIVA presents Hatsune Miku Solo Concert ~Konbanwa, Hatsune Miku Desu.~ 4,429

19 Various Artists Perfect! R&B 3 -Wild & Sexy Playlist- 4,343

20 Various Artists Katekyo Hitman REBORN! Opening & Ending Theme Songs 3 ~Mirai Kessen Hen Made no Anime Shudaika wo Full de Kike!~ 4,148

21 lecca Power Butterfly 4,096

22 Various Artists Hamonep Champions CD 3,744

23 OGRE YOU ASSHOLE Ukareteiru Hito 3,595

24 Various Artists Hagane no Renkinjutsushi FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST FINAL BEST 3,510

25 Kariyushi 58 Mensoore, Kariyushi 3,467

26 Oasis Time Flies… 1994–2009 3,435

27 ARASHI All the BEST! 1999-2009 3,195

28 SCANDAL TEMPTATION BOX 3,005

29 YUI HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN 2,981

30 SMAP We are SMAP! 2,961

J- Pop Oricon

Oricon Weekly for 2010 week 33

Single Rankings

Artist: ARASHI
Single: Løve Rainbow
Publisher: J Storm
Released: 2010.09.08
Sales: 528,844​

# ARTIST SINGLE SALES

2 GLAY Precious 63,267

3 HO-KAGO TEA TIME Gohan wa Okazu / U&I 52,785

4 Girls' Generation GENIE 44,907

5 French Kiss Zutto Mae Kara 40,983

6 AKB48 Heavy Rotation 14,842

7 Hikawa Kiyoshi Nijiiro no Bayon 13,081

8 Otsuka Ai I ♥ ××× 10,322

9 10-FEET hammer ska 9,158

10 WaT 24/7 ~Mou Ichido~ 9,057

11 Hata Motohiro Metro Film 8,891

12 Kanjani8 LIFE ~Menomae no Mukou e~ 8,846

13 Kuwata Keisuke Honto wa Kowai Ai to Romance 6,909

14 V6 only dreaming / Catch 6,824

15 Kudo Mayu Tomorrow Song ~Ashita no Uta~ 6,362

16 Watarirouka Hashiritai Gyu 5,829

17 KARA Mister 5,595

18 Fukuyama Masaharu Hotaru / Shounen 5,543

19 Okuda Tamio Saikyou no Korekara 5,332

20 Aoi from Ayabie MI DA RA 4,831

21 Hannya, Fruit Punch Punch Shitatte Ii n da yo 4,036

22 Nagaho Yuki Tappizaki 3,655

23 miwa chAngE 3,386

24 Kuraki Mai SUMMER TIME GONE 3,342

25 Nakashima Mika Ichiban Kirei na Watashi wo 3,325

26 D=OUT Psychedelico∞Psychedelico 3,254

27 BIGBANG BEAUTIFUL HANGOVER 3,210

28 Perfume VOICE 2,838

29 Nishino Kana if 2,787

30 HO-KAGO TEA TIME NO, Thank You! 2,594

Album Rankings

Artist: JUNSU / JEJUNG / YUCHUN
Album: The...
Publisher: rhythm zone
Released: 2010.09.08
Sales: 139,708​

2 Superfly Wildflower & Cover Songs: Complete Best 'TRACK 3' 63,828

3 Himuro Kyosuke "B"ORDERLESS 57,662

4 Quruli Kotoba ni Naranai, Egao wo Misetekure yo 33,962

5 Angela Aki LIFE 25,370

6 Tamura Yukari Citron no Ame 20,372

7 ARASHI Boku no Miteiru Fuukei 16,634

8 Kobukuro ALL COVERS BEST 14,081

9 clear Dearest 12,727

10 Ando Yuko JAPANESE POP 11,102

11 Tortoise Matsumoto Myway Highway 9,697

12 Domoto Koichi BPM 8,731

13 m-flo m-flo inside -WORKS BEST IV- 7,397

14 Underworld Barking 7,002

15 INFINITY 16 LOVE 6,188

16 Katy Perry Teenage Dream 6,030

17 WEAVER Shinsekai Souzouki.Zenpen 5,615

18 RIP SLYME GOOD TIMES 5,404

19 MAX BE MAX 5,222

20 faylan Polaris 5,157

21 Inaba Koshi Hadou 5,125

22 Charice Charice 4,938

23 Nishino Kana to LOVE 4,757

24 Oasis Time Flies… 1994–2009 4,621

25 BEGIN BEGIN no Shimauta Otomotakeo 3 4,308

26 The Mirraz TOP OF THE FUCK'N WORLD 4,169

27 TRICERATOPS WE ARE ONE 4,097

28 Various Artists You're Beautiful Original Soundtrack 3,960

29 Clémentine Animetine ~Bossa du Animé~ 3,925

30 knotlamp Dot of the Galaxy 3,784

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

DJ Hello Kitty..... :amuse
nice to see that some of the american producer work together with J-Artists. The project seems interesting, I will look into a few of the songs.

anyway, why are there such less people who are actually voting? C'mon, don't be shy and give it a try :tem

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

DJ Hello Kitty..... :amuse
Adorableness + Cool Music = DJ Hello Kitty!!
And judging by these videos, it seems the Kitty is quite popular in Japan.

I’ll be posting the poll results and the J-Music Show post very soon. I just need to finish a few details before the show “airs”. ;)

♪ Welcome to the third J-Music Show!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the J-Music Show. I am Destiny your VJ and I will do my best to make your time here on the show as enjoyable as possible.
(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

The previous posts have been about J-music news, now it’s time to focus on music!! I would like to start the show talking a bit about last week’s Oricon Single Rankings. While I was not surprised to see ARASHI being # 1, I must admit I was happily surprised to see Houkago Tea Time twice on that list. :) Two songs on that list is a great thing for the girls from K-ON! :confetti
While I’m not a huge fan of "Gohan wa Okazu", I love "NO, Thank You!", it such an awesome song!:cool: I know the song is right now the 30th on the list but I have complete confidence it will raise to the # 1 spot very, very soon.

We didn’t have a winner song in the second J-Music Show, but we do have some new great “competitors” in this third round.

1) Strength by abingdon boys school (suggested/requested by saladesu)

2) Nephilim by abingdon boys school (suggested/requested by saladesu)

3) Tears by X Japan (suggested/requested by BBB Banana)

4) NO, Thank You! - K_ON! (suggested/requested by Totinona)

5) Tabiudo by Ketsumeishi (suggested/requested by Bugzee )

6) Sha la la -AYAKASHI NIGHT by Uura Saeka (suggested/requested by Biassed)

7) Pre-Parade - Toradora! (suggested/requested by Biassed)

8) Vincet - ergo proxy(suggested/requested by Biassed)

9) Kiiro Vacances - Pani Poni Dash! (suggested/requested by Biassed)

10) 調和 by KOKIA(suggested/requested by Biassed)

11) Paper Moon by Tommy Heavenly6 (suggested/requested by naruto-niichan)

12) Doubt and Trust by Access(suggested/requested by naruto-niichan

13) Hologram by NICO Touches the Walls (suggested/requested by naruto-niichan

14) (RokudōRinne Survival) by ALI PROJECT (suggested/requested by Asarii)

15) Don't say lazy by K -ON! (suggested/requested by Destiny)

Since there is one more surprise left for this show ;), I won’t post the new poll yet. So if you want to suggest/recommend other songs you still have time to do it.

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: J-Music Hangout

AKB48 (AKihaBara), SKE48 (SaKaE/Nagoya), NMB48 (Namba/Osaka), SDN48 (Saturday Night) not enough for you?

Now here comes OJS48.

What's that? OJiSan48. Who would have thought? XD

A producer of AKB48, Akimoto Yasushi, will make a new unit called “OJS48“, which stands for Ojisan 48 (meaning: old man). OJS48 consists of 16 Ojisans, and surprisingly, all members used to either be detectives or police officers.

Their debut song is titled “Shinkokyu (deep breathing)“, and it will be released on October 13th. ”OJS48″ will also hold a free live at shopping mall in Osaka on October 16th.

source
Just had to share cuz I find this so outrageously hilarious XD

EDIT: you can now hear Shinkokyuu here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHkfR0nKFI&feature=player_embedded.

Last edited:

LilaChan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: J-Music Hangout

^WHAT?!

I never liked AKB48, I just watched their Baby Baby Baby PV. The start of the PV was good, then it ended up being an idol video.

Japan is Japan.

I rather listen to Jam Project if I'm listening to a bunch of old men singing.