Question - Is Soma's Exploit too Lavish? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Is Soma's Exploit too Lavish?

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, the end of the Central Arc does present some controversies to everyone here. Now I know that most of the people would likely ranting as crazy as Urara about how much this chapter's end bring something more miserable than how weak was the E10 against the rebels, let discuss this regardless.

Now with that lengthy Team Cook off comes to an end, with the victors are Team Rebel may I add, it's time for exploitation for the E10's seats and Erina insists on having Soma of all people to have the 1st Seat; mostly due to his contribution in making this cook off for bringing back their friends in the first place. The Yukihira Genius, however, thinking the prize is too much even for him...at first. It is only until Oyabun Sen's discussion about the vacant Principle seat that prompts Soma not only nominates Erina for that crazy position, without ever thinking who else other than her (looking at you Soe), he also changes his mind by accepting Erina's offer as the 1st Seat as the means to conquering her one day, and yes Sen approves this deal, making him as the 92nd Gen student to ever gain the Tigre Throne that is beneath Erina's Phoenix Chair.

Obviously, this prompt literally people ranting a lot since many believe that having Soma a prestigious seat is outright outlandish as they believe that even as awesome as he is now, with the Shokugeki Streak of 6-0 and beating 5 out of 6 Pro Central E10, Soma is not deserved for such a title and even if he is in the rank of E10, should at least start from the bottom first. I mean, for them where is the growth of that when he suddenly ascend into a higher seat that is named no.1? In my personal thought/ assumption, justified or otherwise, I would think the possible reason for that is because of Sen's gratitude for Soma changing her granddaughter's POV and characteristics all together, or maybe is just Erina's atonement for belittling him because she never known that he was the son of her favorite idol Saiba; or even Sen is making amends for turning Azami into a monster for letting Saiba go during his prime?

So, how do you think about Soma's First Seat is? Is it really too much for him to sit this Tiger Throne of Elegance?

Last edited:

NANLIT

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well with Erina the new Headmaster, she'll be working with the Elite 10 a lot to shape Tootsuki and I imagine she would work with the 1st Seat most. So with Soma the 1st Seat, those 2 could really become the new faces of Tootsuki. Even before this Regimental Shokugeki, Soma was the first face of the rebellion, going back to how he challenged and defeaetd Eizan to protect the Polar Star Dorm, then when Erina got out of her funk and decided to help her friends (thanks largely to Soma), she also became one of the leaders of the rebellion.

Would it have made more sense for Megishima or Isshiki to have a higher Seat than Soma? Yes, but considering all the war type things going with the coup to put Azami in power, the constant usage of "rebels", it makes sense that wehn the "rebel forces" usurp the previous regime that the leaders of the rebellion would take the top spots and that fits Erina and Soma. And as you mentioned, he's defeated quite a few Elite 10 people.

And I know that people are going to wonder if/when he's going to lose the 1st Seat, I would actually like to see if he doesn't lose it at all and uses the 1st Seat to do things like travel and shape Tootsuki in its "rebirth". It would really help him and Erina get even more closer as they work together as a Headmaster/1st Seat duo. So since the mangaka decided to have Soma be the 1st Seat, I would like to see him rise to the occasion.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well with Erina the new Headmaster, she'll be working with the Elite 10 a lot to shape Tootsuki and I imagine she would work with the 1st Seat most. So with Soma the 1st Seat, those 2 could really become the new faces of Tootsuki. Even before this Regimental Shokugeki, Soma was the first face of the rebellion, going back to how he challenged and defeaetd Eizan to protect the Polar Star Dorm, then when Erina got out of her funk and decided to help her friends (thanks largely to Soma), she also became one of the leaders of the rebellion.

Would it have made more sense for Megishima or Isshiki to have a higher Seat than Soma? Yes, but considering all the war type things going with the coup to put Azami in power, the constant usage of "rebels", it makes sense that wehn the "rebel forces" usurp the previous regime that the leaders of the rebellion would take the top spots and that fits Erina and Soma. And as you mentioned, he's defeated quite a few Elite 10 people.

And I know that people are going to wonder if/when he's going to lose the 1st Seat, I would actually like to see if he doesn't lose it at all and uses the 1st Seat to do things like travel and shape Tootsuki in its "rebirth". It would really help him and Erina get even more closer as they work together as a Headmaster/1st Seat duo. So since the mangaka decided to have Soma be the 1st Seat, I would like to see him rise to the occasion.
A traveling arc with souma and erina would nice

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think there is more dramatic tension if he isn't first seat, he has to get there by winning more, but given the end of the arc, really the only person on the new council he would need to beat would be Isshiki or Kuga, and given their relationship, the dramatic tension isn't there for those duels.

I just hope they have somewhere else to go with this. I binged the entire series recently, just got into it. Breezed through every arc...except the new one, which just feels off. Like it was written by someone else than the first 260 chapters. I really dislike "he lost, he is on the floor like he was knocked out in a boxing match", which they seem to be drawing for this arc. It's such a bizarre change to introduce after all this time.