Theory - Is Hōō Byōdōin really the strongest high schooler? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Is Hōō Byōdōin really the strongest high schooler?

senpai kun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
So I've watched Genuis vs OVA 10 + a little bit of the mage that continues from that point.

He's the captain, and has the #1 pin, which is supposed to mean he is the #1 player, but based on some clues he doesn't seem like the strongest.
  1. Shūji Tanegashima: Can negate all death blows and return them with a drop shot close to the net. Oni admitted he was the only person he could never defeat
  2. Jūjirō Oni: He defeated him before, and that was before he achieved Pinnacle of Perfection.
  3. Tokugawa: Had he not been injured he may have been able to defeat him, but this is ify.
Thoughts?

xmigsrx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I had always considered Oni as the strongest japan representative, even though Byodoin is the leader.

Oni defeated Byodoin and every other man in the camp (except Tanegashima), and was the #1 player until he decided to resign his post. He allowed Byodoin to take his place so he could focus on improving the level of the lower ranks.

And that was before he achieved Tennimuhou no Kiwami, which made him much stronger.

Oni had never defeated Tanegashima, but neither Tanegashima had been able to defeat Oni. I believe the reason for this is because Tanegashima can nullify all of Oni's shots but cannot score because Oni is just a better player overall. With Tennimuhou, however, Oni can certainly beat Tanegashima.

As for Tokugawa, doesn't seem to me he had suprassed Byodoin, but he is close and has the potential to make it. I do think Tokugawa and Tanegashima are equal in terms of strengh, though Tokugawa has more potential to grow.

They are all very strong, but that's how I would rank this players: Oni > Byodoin > Tokugawa = Tanegashima.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I had always considered Oni as the strongest japan representative, even though Byodoin is the leader.

Oni defeated Byodoin and every other man in the camp (except Tanegashima), and was the #1 player until he decided to resign his post. He allowed Byodoin to take his place so he could focus on improving the level of the lower ranks.

And that was before he achieved Tennimuhou no Kiwami, which made him much stronger.

Oni had never defeated Tanegashima, but neither Tanegashima had been able to defeat Oni. I believe the reason for this is because Tanegashima can nullify all of Oni's shots but cannot score because Oni is just a better player overall. With Tennimuhou, however, Oni can certainly beat Tanegashima.

As for Tokugawa, doesn't seem to me he had suprassed Byodoin, but he is close and has the potential to make it. I do think Tokugawa and Tanegashima are equal in terms of strengh, though Tokugawa has more potential to grow.

They are all very strong, but that's how I would rank this players: Oni > Byodoin > Tokugawa = Tanegashima.
For me Oni's lose to Qp shows his weakness. Oni has POP and he still lose to Qp without POP.

The reason I bring that up is because Byo and Tane can put up a better fight against QP.

Prime Oni is maybe no.1. But because he stops training himself,Byo and Tane, and even maybe duke surpassed him. Toku is close to surpassing him also.

Kintaro is even destroying Oni before he also unlocks POP

Byo and Tane will be in the contention For no.1 . But their power difference for me is like Volk and QP, or Medanore/Ryoga.