Wanted: Artist - I'm looking for a manga artist who likes BL. Thank you in advance. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Wanted: Artist I'm looking for a manga artist who likes BL. Thank you in advance.

newstartcreations

εˆεΏƒθ€…/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I've been writing for around 7 years now and I haven't studied any type of literature but I love creative writing with a passion. I'm currently working on a yaoi story (multiple ideas actually) and I was hoping to find an artist who wouldn't mind drawing uncensored manga for yaoi or yuri. I hope to find someone who is UK based, someone who can be honest with me and also become a reliable friend. I'm a very open person so be you male, female or somewhere in between I don't mind as long as you are kind and loyal. I would like to work together to make a masterpiece, it would be a collaboration and if it goes well I have many story ideas to come. It would first become a web-comic then eventually through competitions or self-publishing, I would like to publish any manga we create in paperback form as that is personally my favourite way to read any type of book. If you can see yourself working with me or if you have any questions, please send me a message and we'll see how it goes. If you'd like to know a little more about myself, then please have a look at my description. Now I'll give you a small list of BL manga that I like the story/art of down below. πŸ’œ

- Awkward Silence (I like the story of this manga and the simplistic style of drawing)
- That Blue Sky Feeling (The art is really cute and I love the character diversity here with the chubby characters)
- Our Dining Table (The story is so cute and the way some scenes are drawn is breathtaking)
- Deko-Boko Sugar Days (I love height difference in manga, especially when the taller boy is the bottom. The manga itself is a wonderful fluffy read)
- Can an Otaku like me Really Be an Idol!? (This is an uncensored manga which was surprising but it is a cute story overall and the art is fabulous, mainly what I'm looking for)

And in general I love Maki Enjoji's work, Happy Marriage (straight) is such an awesome read and her style is 10/10.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this mess. πŸ’–

Last edited:

commissio

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hey there :) I'm curious, did you find an artist?
I do love BL but I'm terrible at drawing boys so I'm not sure I'd be a good match for it atm, but I'd like to try it one day, and if you already made a collab with someone I would like to see it!

newstartcreations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there :) I'm curious, did you find an artist?
I do love BL but I'm terrible at drawing boys so I'm not sure I'd be a good match for it atm, but I'd like to try it one day, and if you already made a collab with someone I would like to see it!
Heya, still no luck finding an artist but I am determined and hopeful that someone will turn up. 😊 I'd love to see some of your work and maybe we could collab in the future if you're still interested. I do write mainly romance for yaoi/yuri/hetero and I have a few different stories in mind but due to this whole pandemic it's been hard finding the motivation to continue sometimes. Thanks for replying and stay safe out there. 😁

commissio

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Heya, still no luck finding an artist but I am determined and hopeful that someone will turn up. 😊 I'd love to see some of your work and maybe we could collab in the future if you're still interested. I do write mainly romance for yaoi/yuri/hetero and I have a few different stories in mind but due to this whole pandemic it's been hard finding the motivation to continue sometimes. Thanks for replying and stay safe out there. 😁
Ohh what a shame! I really like yaoi/shounen ai but I can't draw boys yet, I need practice haha
I'm starting a collab with someone on Tapas on a romance manga, but we could work on something too if you'd like! I don't have much time so this is a hobby, but it's fun to do it :D
Recently I tried to sketch simple manga pages by watching well known anime scenes (however they're not originals ofc, they're from Bunny girl senpai and Noragami):

Noragami
Bunny Girl Senpai
I also have an art account on instagram if you'd like to check, it's here.
(Check the story highlights, as I don't have recent posts.. In the "Random Sketches" one, I have some manga style drawings).

And yup, I can relate to being unmotivated :oh But it'll get better sometime! Thank you, have a nice day 😁

newstartcreations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ohh what a shame! I really like yaoi/shounen ai but I can't draw boys yet, I need practice haha
I'm starting a collab with someone on Tapas on a romance manga, but we could work on something too if you'd like! I don't have much time so this is a hobby, but it's fun to do it :D
Recently I tried to sketch simple manga pages by watching well known anime scenes (however they're not originals ofc, they're from Bunny girl senpai and Noragami):

Noragami
Bunny Girl Senpai
I also have an art account on instagram if you'd like to check, it's here.
(Check the story highlights, as I don't have recent posts.. In the "Random Sketches" one, I have some manga style drawings).

And yup, I can relate to being unmotivated :oh But it'll get better sometime! Thank you, have a nice day 😁
I really love yaoi too, that's why most of my stories are BL related... πŸ˜… I mean we could always work together on some yaoi manga as practice and see where that leads or maybe even some hetero rom-com stuff. Your artwork is absolutely stunning by the way, the manga pages are incredibly drawn and I love your Instagram art posts. 😊 I've just followed you so maybe we could discuss this more over on their platform if you'd like...?

commissio

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I really love yaoi too, that's why most of my stories are BL related... πŸ˜… I mean we could always work together on some yaoi manga as practice and see where that leads or maybe even some hetero rom-com stuff. Your artwork is absolutely stunning by the way, the manga pages are incredibly drawn and I love your Instagram art posts. 😊 I've just followed you so maybe we could discuss this more over on their platform if you'd like...?
Yeah, most of my manga are BL or shoujo xD I can't do yaoi now, it's already hard to draw boys with clothes, I can't even imagine the rest hahaha
But I'd love to discuss some shounen ai or shoujo stories!! We can talk through insta :)