I should have gone to Shiratorizawa. | Page 48 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I should have gone to Shiratorizawa.

Tippy toes

• Slap mosquitoes

• Touch da nose

• I'd like a pause

Results are only viewable after voting.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey Sams, we talked on slack and discord a lot but never about this topic for some reason, and I'm really curious! _
Makes me glad you liked something outside of Mitsuri for once lol Rengoku is amazing too, a character I love very much even if he has a limited screentime.

What did you think of the movie overall? Do you plan to check the next animated arc or nah?
Well you were too busy to discuss at the time I think but yes I loved the movie so much I saw it twice :XD

I enjoyed the movie more than Season 1 to be honest, but I think I will watch Season 2 to keep up with it as my expectations are high especially after that fight with Rengoku which was superbly animated (and the soundtrack too my word). I did drag a friend who had only seen episode 1 along to the movie and he loved it so there's another fan 👀

Overall, the movie was great. The start was a bit slow once they got on the train but it quickly gained momentum and intensity, and then just when you thought it was over we get Azama which I was clueless about the first time. Good god that fight was something :drool I'd say it's like an 8.8/10 for me, a nine if it's a good day when I'm talking about it :rofl

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Using a spoiler box not because I care about people getting spoilers Jamms (I think we would be saving them if they managed to read a bit about this sequel), but so I don't make a massive wall of text with all of this post. :Haha
I have this big feeling that most of this sequel thingy was mostly done for Sesshomaru and his messy family. This uncomfortable feeling grew more when I noticed that they spent more dedication on the whole shocking, awful, drama-TV-like plot twist of Rin being the mom aka his wife aka whatever. That was OoC for Sess's character overall, but they truly couldn't care less at taking care of the main four protagonists, not only that, but they gave them awful personalities that don't match at all how they are. Forever salty at Miroku being tossed to the side, Sango being a package wife, Inuyasha acting almost coward and with little participation, and Kagome's whole concept and development to the garbage.

This whole conflict is stupid too because... well, like I said before if I recall, the whole point of the jewel was that it no longer existed in the world, not in modern times neither in ancient Japan. That's where Inuyasha and Kagome's characters grew completely, hell, the Jewel was the main conflict of all the series, not Naraku or Kikyo's love drama, but the jewel. The series concluded completely because the main characters managed to finish the conflict of it, so of course when they tried to invent an excuse to bring it back it was stupid.

The current main characters are bad, boring, awful. Moroha was the only interesting part but her whole past is so weird??? And unncessary, honestly, very rushed even in the reveals. The twins I honestly couldn't care less, they're just kinda there. The rest of the guys I truly can't recall about them.

Another problem of this series were the antagonists, Rumiko Takahashi always tended to make dark characters who loved evil and want to see the world burn, but with a good reason at least. Naraku was the most complex character, almost as Kikyo was, there was a past of him and he had an identity crisis, basically a Muzan but a thousand times better.

This whole duo of the siblings made me yawn, why do I care? Why should I care if Kirinmaru will die? What makes him interesting? Literally only the mention of Inu and Sessh's father, but that's it, not more than that. Not even Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku or Sango or even Sesshomaru himself are directly relationed with the fate of this man, but their daughters, who are also new characters with little screentime so we care about them.

What I'm trying to say is: what was the point of this? What was needed? What did Rumiko want to complete or add to her world-building with this? Why add and make a whole new conflict if a) it ruins your entire long, old series b) your main characters, the guy who is the name of the title of the series, aren't even relevant and you will not even focus on them?

No one cares about new characters, no one cares about conflicts that barely have any relation with them. Kikyo's ghost idea was stupid, it ruined all the point of her death. Rin was a waste of animation and lacks a personality, her couple/relationship with Sesshomaru must be dull and even creepy.

The whole conclusion of this is that they were using nostalgia to get money, like most shonen's sequels exist for. If Rumiko Takahashi really wanted to show the lifes of these characters, she could have made a second manga omake, like the one she did years ago. Show Moroha, show the old MCs in a good life, no one wants drama or conflict, it's like FMA making a new sequel and making the Elric brothers suffer a second time. That would be awful writing and kinda an insult to the life you created for your characters (basically what happened to Inuyasha).

By the way I did check the episodes to see what you wrote here, and GOD Towa can be a suffer, I find her bland and boring but these sort of things did put me on my nerves.
You know what the worst thing is? I will watch the second part, or check spoilers, I could tell you now I will never do since I hate it but I just know I will. I'm that much of a masochist. :emobirb
I refuse to use spoiler tags because I want to save people from how we have suffered. Besides can you even spoil something that makes so little sense in the first place?

It's goes even beyond the whole "cash grab" factor for me. Even filler... even Naruto filler was written more competently than Yashahime was. The ineptitude of the plot is staggering to me.

Your right. The three siblings were crap. But so was everything else. If it's a nostalgia play. They should be trying to put the previous gen up on a pedestal. Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Sessoumaru, even Koga. But this anime didn't care about them at all. Instead they just focused this trio. The leader of which probably one of the worst characters of all time.

Then there is just the plotting. Why? Just why?! :arf

Nothing is developed. Nothing is explained. Things happen with no setup. Things happen with no payoff. Characters constantly do things that don't make sense for reasons that don't make sense, if they even have those. It just has total contempt for it's audience and their ability to think.

Last edited:

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I hope 2nd season is better, but may just be more of the same..

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Well you were too busy to discuss at the time I think but yes I loved the movie so much I saw it twice :XD

I enjoyed the movie more than Season 1 to be honest, but I think I will watch Season 2 to keep up with it as my expectations are high especially after that fight with Rengoku which was superbly animated (and the soundtrack too my word). I did drag a friend who had only seen episode 1 along to the movie and he loved it so there's another fan 👀

Overall, the movie was great. The start was a bit slow once they got on the train but it quickly gained momentum and intensity, and then just when you thought it was over we get Azama which I was clueless about the first time. Good god that fight was something :drool I'd say it's like an 8.8/10 for me, a nine if it's a good day when I'm talking about it :rofl
Mmhm part 1 of Kimetsu (season one in anime), is considered to be the most boring one and the most generic. The interest for the series in general mosty happened in the train arc when the manga was out, so I get that you got more into it after the movie hahaha in fact it's my favorite arc and where I really started to get into Kimetsu.

(Also season 2 aka the next arc after Rengoku one is considered the best arc in all the series, so you will probably like it).

Rengoku vs Akaza is incredible, can't wait to see it animated! The whole dreams sequence was something I actually really enjoyed, even if only Tanjiro's and Rengoku's were serious. :XD

Anyways can't wait to see your opinion in the next saga. :hug
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I refuse to use spoiler tags because I want to save people from how we have suffered. Besides can you even spoil something that makes so little sense in the first place?

It's goes even beyond the whole "cash grab" factor for me. Even filler... even Naruto filler was written more competently than Yashahime was. The ineptitude of the plot is staggering to me.

Your right. The three siblings were crap. But so was everything else. If it's a nostalgia play. They should be trying to put the previous gen up on a pedestal. Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Sessoumaru, even Koga. But this anime didn't care at all about them at all. Instead they just focused this trio. The leader of which probably one of the worst characters of all time.

Then there is just the plotting. Why? Just why?! :arf

Nothing is developed. Nothing is explained. Things happen with no setup. Things happen with no payoff. Characters constantly do things that don't make sense for reasons that don't make sense, if they even have those. It just has total contempt for it's audience and their ability to think.
It's even more frustrating because the whole nostalgia thingy wasn't even made well, if you want to get money and popularity by nostalgia factor, at least focus on your old cast. Boruto is awful but at least it uses a lot of the old characters, getting people want to see about them.

Currently I can't even watch old Inuyasha, the memory of Yashahime's events haunt me and even worse that I had to accept that it is really canon. Hopefully I will deny soon the existence of it and pretend Inuyasha ended with his reunion with Kagome.

Between this and the Naruto ending, we are getting too much damage Jamms ;;

Anyways, what animes do you plan to watch his spring?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I hope 2nd season is better, but may just be more of the same..
I need to finish some parts of the anime, but have been in a re-reading mode lately.
What did you dislike about second season?:o

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's even more frustrating because the whole nostalgia thingy wasn't even made well, if you want to get money and popularity by nostalgia factor, at least focus on your old cast. Boruto is awful but at least it uses a lot of the old characters, getting people want to see about them.

Currently I can't even watch old Inuyasha, the memory of Yashahime's events haunt me and even worse that I had to accept that it is really canon. Hopefully I will deny soon the existence of it and pretend Inuyasha ended with his reunion with Kagome.

Between this and the Naruto ending, we are getting too much damage Jamms ;;
Yeah, it's not canon as far as I'm concerned. Yashahime, I mean. I reject it and everything about it.:hmph

Anyways, what animes do you plan to watch his spring?
I don't really have a plan.

Isekai Maou was S1 was super fun and surprisingly well made. So I'll check out S2 of that. Beyond that I think I'll just browse around and see what seems good. Anything you have your eye on?

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I need to finish some parts of the anime, but have been in a re-reading mode lately.
What did you dislike about second season?:o
I mean Yashahime, they teased an immediate next sequel season to it.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yeah, it's not canon as far as I'm concerned. Yashahime, I mean. I reject it and everything about it.:hmph
It would be easier for me if Takahashi wasn't directly involved :nah

And I used to always defend her works.
I don't really have a plan.

Isekai Maou was S1 was super fun and surprisingly well made. So I'll check out S2 of that. Beyond that I think I'll just browse around and see what seems good. Anything you have your eye on?
Hm Isekai Maou was always on my watch, maybe I will check first season to see if I get into it.

And yeah this time I have some in mind I really want to follow, like Shaman King, Fumetsu no Anata E, Boku no Hero, and even Edens Zero (though I think I dropped the manga, will try check it soon how it goes).
The plot wasn't particulary good to me so I doubt next season will do any better, unless they give better screentime to everyone but the damage was already done with the whole daughters and original mother reveal '-'

(Though I still believe Moroha was best girl there).

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I keep trying to forget that. :feelsbadman

Here is my theory on what would be required for season 2 of Yashahime to be.. tolerable.

#1 Get the writer to quit drinking (Nothing can happen until this objective is achieved).
#2 Kill off Towa. I really don't see a path for her to not be a shit character.
#3 Rebrand the series the Adventures of Setsuna & Moroha.
#4 Have them got on a journey together to save their parents (Why the #@#$ wasn't this anime about that to begin with?!!!).
#5 Have Zero turn into a demon monster ala Naraku by absorbing her dumbass son.
#6 Get Miroku and Sango off the bench and actually have them do stuff other than screw around aimlessly.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who is Zero's son?
The merchant dude who Towa gave her magic marble to, Riku. The one with the incoherent plan to assemble the marbles for her, which she apparently really didn't want. I guess he's not really her son but rather her retainer. If he was her son that would make more sense, so naturally Yashahime can't have that happening.

Anyway, point is we need a big distorted evil thing who can act as an actual antagonist.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
The merchant dude who Towa gave her magic marble to, Riku. The one with the incoherent plan to assemble the marbles for her, which she apparently really didn't want. I guess he's not really her son but rather her retainer. If he was her son that would make more sense, so naturally Yashahime can't have that happening.

Anyway, point is we need a big distorted evil thing who can act as an actual antagonist.
I think he‘s some sort of Apparition, like that owl guy in the beginning.

And yes @revo Moroha was the best but even her they messed up.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
But they‘re setting up Towa to fall in love with him or something!
That sure was one plot thread in this tangled yarn ball of nonsense that never goes anywhere.

Probably fortunately in that singular case because pairing your teenage protagonist up with a 200+ year old Kabuto ripoff character... that's a low percentage move right there.:fail

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Will answer your post tomorrow revs, for now I want to give you some picture spam as well :blush

Sukuna has a damn lot of great fanart :XD I have more, but a course is best divided into separate meals :3
Gotta say though, there's a huuuge amount of Jujutsu fanart out there, it's great :zomg

It does depends mostly but yeah, that can be the case too. :lmao
Now that I think well, very few people I know irl are really into videogames, or they were and just forgot about them.
That probably plays the biggest part; if you know someone who's into videogames (and who you're good friends with). Enjoying something with a friend or more makes almost everything better haha.

And I prefer manga! <_> (almost all the time at least).
I can be very picky and annoying with anime adaptations, and I honestly get more into the drawings on paper overall, more than in animations, there's also the thing that half of the series I like and follow are mangas, that are most likely never going to get an anime. I just feel that with mangas you get more content, and of the underrated one.
Oh I totally get that, anime is kind of limited in what we get. We get the occasional, let's say "strange" or "obscure" show, but ofc it's mostly other stuff that would attract more people. In that sense manga can explore a lot more for sure, sometimes stuff you just won't ever see in anime. So if you only follow anime, your experience is pretty limited in a way.

I think you're the first person I met who says she prefers manga though, that's refreshing haha

What about you, Kevin?

(Also don't let Marm fool you, she can be pretty good in videogames hahaha).
Definitely more on the anime side. There's just that thing when you have great voice acting, great animation, and great music. If all three are there at the same time, it's just magical you could say haha. I feel that's an experience you just can't get with manga, no matter what. On the other hand a bad anime adaptation can also ruin a lot and make you angry/sad, so there's that... But if I had to compare both at their peak, anime is better for me.

Manga is more easy for binge reading though, and can be a pretty fun experience on its own (like reading 45 Jujutsu chapters in a day :3)

And I had the feeling Marm might be better than she's saying.... I'll see for myself at some point I hope : D
Hahaha, I mean I do like tsunderes with few exceptions only :sweatbunny

Tbh I do enjoy the "trait", you know, when there are characters that have their 'tsundere' moments and that's it, but I dislike the characters where tsundere is 100% both their personality and their design (aka female characters with the pigtails or long hair, the skirt and the whole mean personality) .Maybe that's why I usually prefer that type more when it comes to male characters in anime, like Edward, who has his tsun-tsun moments but his personality goes beyond that too.

Tsundere girls that I'm not really into are Misaki from Kaichou-sama, Kyou from Clannad, or Erina from Shokugeki. Rin I'm mostly neutral and sometimes I do like her, and even if I'm not a fan at all of Nisekoi, I did like Chitoge honestly. What about you? Some you dislike and like? xD
So basically you like them if the dere side is stronger than the tsun, like 25% tsun and 75% dere or something haha :XD Can actually relate to that, if it's too much tsun it's just annoying, but a bit of it can be fun and/or adorable (and isn't everyone at least a tiny bit tsun lol). Erina actually grew over me with time when she got a bit softer, even if she was really obnoxious in the beginning.

Chitoge is a good example though, absolutely agreed! Nisekoi was pretty boring after a while, but Chitoge always was a fun char.
If I had to think of more, Makise Kurisu from Steins Gate and Misaka Mikoto from Railgun are easy examples for tsundere I like xD Funnily enough I can't think of some I really dislike atm, most of them I'm just "meh" about (Kyou is a good example).

For a long time it was my most favorite shojo, mainly because I found most of the cast likeable and especially the main couple (pretty inusual in shojos). Nowadays I have other romance mangas as favorites but I still consider Tonari a very good mix of drama and romance.

And sure! I will try to think of some you may like, there are some cool ones that are neither shojo or slice of life. :amuse

"For most shojos I just lose the passion/hype after some time, not sure why." Hahaha that kinda happens with me when it comes to action genere in general xD I lose the hype and it comes back, then lose it again, then get into it, and so go on. Slices of life or shojos are something I'm always into (I sound very girly I know).
So the main couple usually isn't your favourite? Tbh it is for me most of the time lol.

Looking forward to your rec ofc :3 Been a long time since I read a shojo series xD

And lol, you're a girl, so sounding girly is pretty okay I'd say : D To be honest it's a problem with most long-running series, keeping up the hype/passion over years is very hard to accomplish. Sometimes it works if something really clicks with you, but I feel that doesn't happen too often. The problem for me with romance series is, that the couple(s) start going in circles after a while, and it just gets too dumb. Like, who still doesn't kiss after months of being a couple? That's just ridiculous lol.

And with slice of life is that it's pretty much always the same, doing some mundane stuff and having fun. Which works for a while, but it's not something I could enjoy reading for years. I need a little spice you could say, so a bit of drama and or tragedy or twist or whatever is necessary for me :XD Gakkou Gurashi would be a good example.

It funny that I read and follow most shonen series, yet I still find seinens better and kinda prefer them, I find that it doesn't have as many limits as shonen does, and not only when it comes to battle/action series. You like shonen more?
You're right with that, seinen is for a more mature audience after all. They can go to places shonen never could, so to say. I actually had a seinen phase too, preferred them for a while, but eventually I started enjoying shonen more again. I think the mix makes it for me most of the time. Made in Abyss for example sorta has a shonen setting and starts out that way, but eventually gets very very dark. That's probably also why I enjoy manga like Hunter x Hunter or Jujutsu the most, where you have a shonen premise but which still have a very gritty undertone at times (or Tokyo Ghoul, before it became bad...). So it's a bit of both worlds for me haha :3

And agreed :blush I also like how Fate: Zero and UBW weren't the only adaptations to exploreher backstory, not to mention that King Arthur is a very interesting historic figure overall, and I feel that Artoria was just amazing. (I still love how Fate takes every single historical thing and makes them into a waifu). Sakura I would argue sometimes she's the most interesting not for backstory but for her complex side; before I got into Fate a lot of people told me she was the typical generic shy girl, but since I got into Zero first and saw her childhood... I knew she was gonna be something else (also these scenes of her almost made me pale).

I agree about her chemistry with Shirou! And I find their relationship more complete, even if I do like him with Saber a little bit more. :nod

Yeah the problem with Sakura is that she gets so little screentime compared to Artoria and Rin (at least in the west, bc anime is the main exposure for Fate here). That, and ofc the worms, sigh. But I agree that she's the most complex character of the main three, and I like characters who have a light and dark side to them. Also Sakura just deserves happiness after all the shit she went through... :( Well, you can get a good idea of her in the movies we'll soon watch haha.

For now I'll leave it at that, we can talk about this better once you've seen the movies :3

Rin is kinda more loved since people usually love the sassy female character type. They find Saber too bland and Sakura too shy or annoying (for some reason lol), so they love Rin for being the perfect middle of them, I guess (also tsunderes are always a hit).
Yeah, don't really get it tbh... well, to some extent maybe, but I've always been pretty neutral on Rin. A good char, just not as great as many people make her sound to be. A bit of sass is just fine, but too much can also backfire xD

Yes, I did. :sweatdrop

When I got fully into Conan I think the latest movie that was out was movie 17, in year 2013 ("Private Eye in the Distant Sea). I found the movies even more fun than the anime itself since it had many filler arcs and episodes, and I was already trying to get into the manga lol so I took my time and watched all 17 movies (it sounds crazy but it's nothing compared to when I tried to catch all of One Piece in one summer).

From there I became a fan, and then started to check all the new movies. :nod also there are literally at least one or two movies per year, they're insane.

Sounds like you're a pretty big Conan fan haha. Not too surprised actually, for example I know there's this really famous crime show almost all girls watch lol (can't remember the name atm, not an anime though). Personally I like Conan too, but it's another case of me getting bored after he solves the 1000th crime xD

Looking forward to it ^^

And I love the fact that if focuses more in psychological aspects than action or battles or stuff, kinda the reason why I got so much into Higu/Umi (well, one of them). I have been avoiding lots of spoilers too, not even checking news even if I'm tempted, so don't worry xD especially because anime community sometimes doesn't care and just posts stuff out loud.
Yeah exactly, the psychological aspects of Higu/Umi are great :zomg From the sound of it, the remake might get a bit more on the action-y side, but I'll keep you up to date ofc : D

Agreed about spoilers though, for the really popular shows it's so to get spoiled because way too many people post them like it's no big deal. I know I've been trying to avoid spoilers for the last Shingeki chapter, and so far it worked, but it was a close call now and then :XD
Thank you! :wtf

This makes me want to check the CSM anime even more, can't wait, I'm also loving how many new content of Higurashi/Umineko we're getting.
You're welcome :blush

Same for me, hopefully MAPPA can pull of the same great work they did with Jujutsu :shakefist And also looking forward to Higurashi Sotsu ofc :pleased
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I always tell myself "okay dude, keep your answer short this time, this is too much" when answering your posts, but for some reason that just doesn't work :lmao

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Sukuna has a damn lot of great fanart :XD I have more, but a course is best divided into separate meals :3
Gotta say though, there's a huuuge amount of Jujutsu fanart out there, it's great :zomg
Thank you very much for the spam :hug I will make sure to go and leave some at your thread as well, Yuta and Gojo were your most favorites?

And yes!! I agree. Everyday going to pixiv, pinterest and event twitter I find how Jujutsu, Kimetsu and Chainsaw Man have tons of all type and quality art. Yesterday I found out I have more than 2K fanarts saved of these series... :sweatbunny

That probably plays the biggest part; if you know someone who's into videogames (and who you're good friends with). Enjoying something with a friend or more makes almost everything better haha.
Mmhm agreed, that's why I usually enjoy watching new movies or series with people I'm friends with, and who are into it. x)
Oh I totally get that, anime is kind of limited in what we get. We get the occasional, let's say "strange" or "obscure" show, but ofc it's mostly other stuff that would attract more people. In that sense manga can explore a lot more for sure, sometimes stuff you just won't ever see in anime. So if you only follow anime, your experience is pretty limited in a way.
That's why you see like for example half of my favorite animes are movies (remember? :XD) almost all of them didn't have a manga, or the adaptation was just better. Akira is an example, the manga is incredible for me but there's something about the anime they made that is more unique.

I also like checking new art styles and how a mangaka progess in their drawing; the animations can always vary a lot and in the end a studio adapt their own styles, which is pretty interesting, but I still prefer to see the original designs.
I think you're the first person I met who says she prefers manga though, that's refreshing haha
Definitely more on the anime side. There's just that thing when you have great voice acting, great animation, and great music. If all three are there at the same time, it's just magical you could say haha. I feel that's an experience you just can't get with manga, no matter what. On the other hand a bad anime adaptation can also ruin a lot and make you angry/sad, so there's that... But if I had to compare both at their peak, anime is better for me.

Manga is more easy for binge reading though, and can be a pretty fun experience on its own (like reading 45 Jujutsu chapters in a day :3)
I do agree with that, especially after we saw the latest Fate movie together, if it was drawn by the Fate/type Redline mangaka for example it would have been amazing, but still nothing compared to what we saw animated.
Kinda gives me the vibes of Kimetsu no Yaiba animated by the same studio: in the manga, that first part of the series was kinda boring to me, I didn't get into the series until the Train arc (aka the movie), yet it became very popular thanks to the anime, even if the first part is quite meh. So in the end, it all depends on which studio takes care of the manga, and there aren't many I consider good.

(you can also see my trauma with the Nanatsu anime, I even disliked it from season one).

And that's why even if FMA, my all favorite series, has an amazing manga, I still prefer Brotherhood because of what you said: great voice acting, great animation, and great music. :nod So yeah I think I'm just picky with studios and adaptations in general hahaha.
So basically you like them if the dere side is stronger than the tsun, like 25% tsun and 75% dere or something haha :XDCan actually relate to that, if it's too much tsun it's just annoying, but a bit of it can be fun and/or adorable (and isn't everyone at least a tiny bit tsun lol). Erina actually grew over me with time when she got a bit softer, even if she was really obnoxious in the beginning.

Chitoge is a good example though, absolutely agreed! Nisekoi was pretty boring after a while, but Chitoge always was a fun char.
If I had to think of more, Makise Kurisu from Steins Gate and Misaka Mikoto from Railgun are easy examples for tsundere I like xD Funnily enough I can't think of some I really dislike atm, most of them I'm just "meh" about (Kyou is a good example).
Never thought about it like that but probably. :XD As long as tsundere isn't 100% their personalities I'm fine with that.

I'm sure I would have liked Erina more if I was still into Souma, but the series quickly bored me and there were a few memorable characters to me (that's why making the list for the top ten game was a bit hard this time). I still prefer characters like Alice or Megumi more. :blush

And yes! Chitoge was a cutie, she had her "too much tsundere" sometimes but she was the most interesting to me, besides Tsugumi. I never take harems seriously and sometimes I avoid them, but it's nice to find good girls in them.

Misaka Mikoto is one of the reasons why I wanna start the Toaru series overall (also Accelerator), a few times I saw so much love for a female lead, and people saying she 's complex and cool, so I'm really curious (plus you guys like her a lot too so she must be cool hahaha). Never tried Steins;Gate before, dunno why, I should someday since it's always recommended to me.
So the main couple usually isn't your favourite? Tbh it is for me most of the time lol.

Looking forward to your rec ofc :3 Been a long time since I read a shojo series xD

And lol, you're a girl, so sounding girly is pretty okay I'd say : D To be honest it's a problem with most long-running series, keeping up the hype/passion over years is very hard to accomplish. Sometimes it works if something really clicks with you, but I feel that doesn't happen too often. The problem for me with romance series is, that the couple(s) start going in circles after a while, and it just gets too dumb. Like, who still doesn't kiss after months of being a couple? That's just ridiculous lol.

And with slice of life is that it's pretty much always the same, doing some mundane stuff and having fun. Which works for a while, but it's not something I could enjoy reading for years. I need a little spice you could say, so a bit of drama and or tragedy or twist or whatever is necessary for me :XD Gakkou Gurashi would be a good example.
Depends, usually it's my favorite since they get the most focus or development, but it can bary.
Also I will try sending you a list soon, but don't worry it won't be shojo only, though last time I sent you a list it was so long I kinda scared you away. :sweatdrop

And oof yes, agreed, seems that you were victim of the cliché series too. It really depends what you like, some like drama similar to that, others something with almost zero plot and just cute chapters, then there are some series I follow that tell the plot of a relationship, so it's nice seeing progresss and original content.

I usually like it more when a series shows how they get together, then how they are as a couple, only Kimi ni Todoke made me wish they stayed as shy people trying to confess lol they got boring to me.

Hahaha I can see you prefer more epic stories, with an actual plot too. :XD I have my moods as you can see, reading all shonens and seinen but spamming slices of life to feel comfy.
You're right with that, seinen is for a more mature audience after all. They can go to places shonen never could, so to say. I actually had a seinen phase too, preferred them for a while, but eventually I started enjoying shonen more again. I think the mix makes it for me most of the time. Made in Abyss for example sorta has a shonen setting and starts out that way, but eventually gets very very dark. That's probably also why I enjoy manga like Hunter x Hunter or Jujutsu the most, where you have a shonen premise but which still have a very gritty undertone at times (or Tokyo Ghoul, before it became bad...). So it's a bit of both worlds for me haha :3
Same thing happens with joseis (the seinen of the shojos), they can go to any place they want, and doesn't have to be something lewd like some think lol. I usually prefer when romanes or slices of life are joseis or seinens, even shonens, because shojos usually have to stay in the same tropes (high school, naive love, usually same type of MCs, etc).

But mmhm! Agreed there as well, FMA for example is very shonen but turned a bit darker or mature sometimes. I believe that Jujutsu and HxH have a "base" of shonen but overall from there it turns pretty seinen, especially because the goals of the characters are pretty different from stuff you see in Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. So yeah that's why I usually just go and check all categories, they all can progress in the way the want xD.

And don't remind me of Tokyo Ghoul: re... the first series used to be a big favorite. :emobirb
Yeah the problem with Sakura is that she gets so little screentime compared to Artoria and Rin (at least in the west, bc anime is the main exposure for Fate here). That, and ofc the worms, sigh. But I agree that she's the most complex character of the main three, and I like characters who have a light and dark side to them. Also Sakura just deserves happiness after all the shit she went through... :( Well, you can get a good idea of her in the movies we'll soon watch haha.

For now I'll leave it at that, we can talk about this better once you've seen the movies :3
Agreed, also by the fact that she doesn't have a main screntime in fighting, unlike Rin or Saber who you always see in battles no matter the route or the source. Also again, people usually dislike the shy or kind female characters, and are pointed as boring or as 'worst girls'. The bugs definetly scared people away lol which is a shame because it did explain a lot of why she's like this.

Tbh in the last marathon we did she was an epic yandere. :blush
Sounds like you're a pretty big Conan fan haha. Not too surprised actually, for example I know there's this really famous crime show almost all girls watch lol (can't remember the name atm, not an anime though). Personally I like Conan too, but it's another case of me getting bored after he solves the 1000th crime xD
Hahaha that's why a lot skip most of the filler cases, and use the main guide to read/watch only the important chapters. I'm surprised how popular it stil is in Japan though, people really never get tired of their favorites (I envy them, with all the Conan content there).

Though, I'm not always really into mysteries/crime series, the plot and the conflict has to be really interesting, as well as the characters, that's why I also like Umineko/Higurashi a lot too (though that one is way more original than Conan, to me at least).
Yeah exactly, the psychological aspects of Higu/Umi are great :zomg From the sound of it, the remake might get a bit more on the action-y side, but I'll keep you up to date ofc : D

Agreed about spoilers though, for the really popular shows it's so to get spoiled because way too many people post them like it's no big deal. I know I've been trying to avoid spoilers for the last Shingeki chapter, and so far it worked, but it was a close call now and then :XD
Oooh I forgot if you dropped or kept with Shingeki, how did you like the ending? The amount of bait it's getting...
I always tell myself "okay dude, keep your answer short this time, this is too much" when answering your posts, but for some reason that just doesn't work :lmao
See? The blame is on both of us, our wall texts are scary. :lmao

• Hug
Reactions: Nii

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Bumped into this on my timeline. Thought about you o3o

:3

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Didn't know you're a Madoka fan revs, guess the announcement hyped you? Really looking forward to it too, apparently the author wrote the story for the sequel many years ago. Probably will rewatch Rebellion sometime before the release, to refresh my memories (no way to forget the ending though...)

Thank you very much for the spam :hug I will make sure to go and leave some at your thread as well, Yuta and Gojo were your most favorites?

And yes!! I agree. Everyday going to pixiv, pinterest and event twitter I find how Jujutsu, Kimetsu and Chainsaw Man have tons of all type and quality art. Yesterday I found out I have more than 2K fanarts saved of these series... :sweatbunny
Sure thing :hug You never did, though...

More than 2K for each series or all of them together...? That's a lot in any case lol. Used to save a reeeeal lot as well, but eventually I got a bit more picky bc too many pics in the folders can get somewhat overwhelming xD

Mmhm agreed, that's why I usually enjoy watching new movies or series with people I'm friends with, and who are into it. x)
haha yeah I get it. Though for me it's a mixed blessing. On one hand, it can be really fun to watch something together, but on the other writing/talking about it during the runtime is a little bit too distracting for me sometimes haha. Like I rewatched a couple of scenes from the last HF movie bc I think I missed some stuff while writing, or wasn't completely absorbed bc I made a comment.

Talking about it after you're done reading/watching/playing is just fun though :nod If you have no one to talk about the thing(s) you enjoyed that's kinda sad, I guess that's why almost everyone looks for places to discuss it.

That's why you see like for example half of my favorite animes are movies (remember? :XD) almost all of them didn't have a manga, or the adaptation was just better. Akira is an example, the manga is incredible for me but there's something about the anime they made that is more unique.
Yeah, I see you're quite the critique :amuse I get it though, the stuff you really enjoy you want to see done well, or it just sucks. That reminds me, isn't Akira supposed to get a new anime or something? I always want to check out the movie and/or manga, but there's just so much stuff out there @__@

I also like checking new art styles and how a mangaka progess in their drawing; the animations can always vary a lot and in the end a studio adapt their own styles, which is pretty interesting, but I still prefer to see the original designs.
Oh yeah, really love some comparisons of how mangaka are progressing with their artstyle! D.Gray-man was a really good example, when I saw some comparisons back then it was really stunning (bc you often don't really notice some changes while reading).

Kinda gives me the vibes of Kimetsu no Yaiba animated by the same studio: in the manga, that first part of the series was kinda boring to me, I didn't get into the series until the Train arc (aka the movie), yet it became very popular thanks to the anime, even if the first part is quite meh. So in the end, it all depends on which studio takes care of the manga, and there aren't many I consider good.
Tbh I started enjoying Kimetsu during the Spider Arc already, the train arc wasn't so great for me (besides the last part, you know what). I guess ufotable is the studio to go to, first they kickstarted the Fate franchise and then they went and made Kimetsu insanely popular :XD

Reminds me that I have yet to watch the movie... did you do that already?

(you can also see my trauma with the Nanatsu anime, I even disliked it from season one).
Hahaha...... Yeah I can only imagine, even though I think the first season was alright. Then again, the manga really went downhill during the last part too =/ Are you reading the sequel?

And that's why even if FMA, my all favorite series, has an amazing manga, I still prefer Brotherhood because of what you said: great voice acting, great animation, and great music. :nod So yeah I think I'm just picky with studios and adaptations in general hahaha.
Brotherhood is a real classic for sure, something you can pretty much recommend anyone. One day I'd like to rewatch it~
And for the studio's sake I hope you'll be pleased with the Komi-san anime XD

And yes! Chitoge was a cutie, she had her "too much tsundere" sometimes but she was the most interesting to me, besides Tsugumi. I never take harems seriously and sometimes I avoid them, but it's nice to find good girls in them.
Same tbh, don't really care about harem shows at all. I've actually read the oneshot of Nisekoi before it got serialized, and thought it was really funny. So I was really happy when it got a real series haha. Tbh the manga wasn't bad, it just went on for too long and eventually got somewhat boring (a problem too many manga have, I feel).

Misaka Mikoto is one of the reasons why I wanna start the Toaru series overall (also Accelerator), a few times I saw so much love for a female lead, and people saying she 's complex and cool, so I'm really curious (plus you guys like her a lot too so she must be cool hahaha). Never tried Steins;Gate before, dunno why, I should someday since it's always recommended to me.
I see you have a good eye, Accelerator and Misaka are the two best chars of the franchise :3 Misaka is one of the best female leads in anime/manga for me, just the right mix of cool and kind, and also independent. Probably my fav tsundere too, bc with her it feels natural and not like a character trait.

Actually am considering picking up the Index Light Novels bc another season is miles away and the last one was bad, sadly... The ToAru series as a whole is a mixed bag, but some of the chars make it worth it :pleased

Also yes, Steins;Gate is unique and a really good show, do check it out when you have some time :nod

Depends, usually it's my favorite since they get the most focus or development, but it can bary.
Also I will try sending you a list soon, but don't worry it won't be shojo only, though last time I sent you a list it was so long I kinda scared you away. :sweatdrop
Ooooh right, I remember you sending me a list :sweatdrop Tbh I don't think you scared me away, it's more of a thing that I usually have a lot on my plate already you could say (lol), so I end up forgetting some recs after a while... really sorry about that.

And oof yes, agreed, seems that you were victim of the cliché series too. It really depends what you like, some like drama similar to that, others something with almost zero plot and just cute chapters, then there are some series I follow that tell the plot of a relationship, so it's nice seeing progresss and original content.
And I'm fine with slice of life with 0 plot, but I just tend to get bored after a while, so I need that extra spice with drama and/or comedy. Seeing relationships progress is another plus :nod

I usually like it more when a series shows how they get together, then how they are as a couple, only Kimi ni Todoke made me wish they stayed as shy people trying to confess lol they got boring to me.
lol yeah I get that xD From my experience shows often fail at properly portraying couples once they get together though (but feel free to enlighten me).

Same thing happens with joseis (the seinen of the shojos), they can go to any place they want, and doesn't have to be something lewd like some think lol. I usually prefer when romanes or slices of life are joseis or seinens, even shonens, because shojos usually have to stay in the same tropes (high school, naive love, usually same type of MCs, etc).
The only josei I've read is Chihayafuru, which I really enjoyed for a while but eventually started going in circles a bit too (and fell in the hole of "oh I dunno who I love, I can't decide, what do I do"....). But yeah, Josei probably are the better picks for stuff that's a bit more mature.
Thinking about it, Natsu no Zenjitsu was a Seinen I think, but it's pretty much the kinda series you describe. That was good and relatively short.

And don't remind me of Tokyo Ghoul: re... the first series used to be a big favorite. :emobirb
Same here :emobirb (I was the one pushing for a section way back then :XD) Found this series by pure coincidence when I saw someone creating a thread for it and thinking the color page looked really cool. I thiiink I catched up around the time Kaneki got imprisoned. It was a fun and wild ride for the most part. A real shame how it went downhill during re :feelsbadman (and let's not even talk about the disappointing anime, even if it did make the series popular)
I saw the author just started a new series, but I'm too scared to pick it up for now lol.

Agreed, also by the fact that she doesn't have a main screntime in fighting, unlike Rin or Saber who you always see in battles no matter the route or the source. Also again, people usually dislike the shy or kind female characters, and are pointed as boring or as 'worst girls'. The bugs definetly scared people away lol which is a shame because it did explain a lot of why she's like this.
Definitely a major problem yeah, you hardly see her being badass. If we ever get Fate/Hollow Ataraxia animated (a sortaaa sequel) we will finally see her kicking ass :zomg (even if that's only for a small portion too)

I actually get the bug thing to some extent, bc it's really overplayed in Fate. There's a reason some call them dickworms, the creators went a bit too edgy there... But I can appreciate how Sakura feels inferior and "defiled" bc of that, and it only made me wish for her happiness more. She's honestly one of the unluckiest characters in the whole franchise, so she deserves being happy with Shirou.

Hahaha that's why a lot skip most of the filler cases, and use the main guide to read/watch only the important chapters. I'm surprised how popular it stil is in Japan though, people really never get tired of their favorites (I envy them, with all the Conan content there).
Time to learn Japanese haha :p

Oooh I forgot if you dropped or kept with Shingeki, how did you like the ending? The amount of bait it's getting...
Oh I kept with it until the ending, and enjoyed the series for most of its run. The ending though... what I can say. I don't hate it and think some people are going a bit overboard, but I can agree that it wasn't exactly good. I would say it was meh, but not to the point where it would ruin the series.

See? The blame is on both of us, our wall texts are scary. :lmao
Yeah, definitely :lmao I tried holding back a bit this time, hope it worked : D

Last edited: