Fun - Hunter x Hunter Figures/Collections/Merchandise | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Hunter x Hunter Figures/Collections/Merchandise

majinjeb

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been reading the threads in this forum for the last few days and I thought I would make this thread since I didn't see anything like it.

I enjoy collecting figures of series that I like, so naturally I've been trying to find stuff from Hunter x Hunter. Since there has recently been a boom in figures for series, I was hoping the new anime would bring about some figures. To my surprise, it did:

http://akibahobby-c2.sakura.ne.jp/2012/02/18/u086.jpg
(credit to akibahobby website for the pic)

I found a site that listed the release dates for them:

http://otakaifiguresociety.org/index.php?topic=4162.0
http://otakaifiguresociety.org/index.php?topic=4161.0
(credit to otakufiguresociety website for the pics/info)

On top of that, I had found a pic for another set of figures:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/93936_hunter_x_hunter_hisoka_ichiban_kuji_banpresto
(credit to otacute? for the pic)

So this is the start to my figure collection for HxH 2011. I hope this thread will be a place where people can post new information they find about figures, manga, or other goodies that will be released.

Also, I did find some stuff from HxH that pre-dated the new anime. There is a mini figure collection that is a set of 24 pieces (and 1 secret, Kuroro). I recently bought the 24 set (they were out of the secret), so I will post a pic when I get a chance.

I know there are some random figures floating around. There are ones of Gon, Killua, Kurapica (that I remeber seeing). Also, there is a doll(?) of Gon (like RAHs if anyone follows Jojo and the like).

I also got a HxH pocket watch a while ago, but I'm trying to figure out if it is official (I can't seem to find any information on its release).

Besides the pocket watch and incoming mini figures, my collection consists of all the Japanese and English releases of the manga (they are current in storage, so getting a pic of my collection is tough at the moment).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing people's collections and hearing news anyone finds. If not, I'll still post what I find.

Edit: I forgot about these too:
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN973255
(credit to HLJ)

Last edited:

Noonealive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
O thats cool, I read it somewhere not to long ago that a company licensed Hunter x Hunter 2011. Viz weren't the ones who licensed it though. So maybe FUNimation got the rights to it but not to sure.

TheAmericandream

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not gonna lie Noonealive, that gets me more excited then I should be. I'd like to find back up to this rumor you've heard. As a Yu Yu Hakusho dub fan I always wanted Hunter to get a decent Funimation dub long before we got the atrocious one that Viz did. *back when I watched chinese bootlegs of 1999 anime* Now I hope the 2011 anime has at least a shot more recognition among western audiences. Not that I am expecting it to set the world on fire like Naruto did, but I'll be happy to get dvd's for the new series along with possibly any games that may or may not be made for HxH.

MegamanX195

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Damn, now I REALLY want those! Where did you buy/order them?

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
O thats cool, I read it somewhere not to long ago that a company licensed Hunter x Hunter 2011. Viz weren't the ones who licensed it though. So maybe FUNimation got the rights to it but not to sure.
Oh yeah I read about that somewhere too, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed so that a release comes soon with GOOD voice acting.

I've never really been one to try and find figures, part of me finds it a tad creepy sometimes for whatever reason so I'm prolly not gonna fret over this.... but I AM going to have to try and get some manga volumes or something

Last edited:

majinjeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn, now I REALLY want those! Where did you buy/order them?
Which ones? The figures from the series come out this summer. I haven't found any pre-orders for them (though ebay has some for pre-order, but they are too expensive in my opinion and will hopefully be cheaper when other sites start pre-orders for them).

I got the pocket watch and 24 mini figures off of ebay. Here is what the figures look like:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-4604
(credit to cdjapan)

Most sites are out of stock, so finding them for a decent prize was a bit tough.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the 1999 dub.

Though I think the 2011 will need a new dub anyways. Elinor Holt wouldn't fit so well with 2011 Gon as he is more childish than 1999 Gon

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As soon as I get a decent salary on my work I'll surely buy one of those. They're amazing, I love them. I particularly enjoy the Ichiban Kuji (Banpresto) ones. Epic poses.

The minis are kinda meh.

majinjeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
As soon as I get a decent salary on my work I'll surely buy one of those. They're amazing, I love them. I particularly enjoy the Ichiban Kuji (Banpresto) ones. Epic poses.

The minis are kinda meh.
I like some of the minis, like Netero, Ging, and Kaito, since I know it will be a long time before we see a larger figure of them (if one even comes out). My experience with Jojo figures is that main characters get figures, then maybe secondary (like Di Molto Bene started releasing secondary characters a year or two ago). So I hope the figures do well and we get a variety of them.

MegamanX195

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oh, sorry about not noticing they're still not out yet. I basically just skimmed through your post at that time :P

I'm definitely buying them all! Wonder if/when they're releasing the ones from everyone else.

majinjeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, sorry about not noticing they're still not out yet. I basically just skimmed through your post at that time :P

I'm definitely buying them all! Wonder if/when they're releasing the ones from everyone else.
No problem, I could only find that they will be released this summer.

ThrawnReborn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few fairly rare pieces of Hunter x Hunter merchandise I was thinking of offloading if anyone was interested.

The first is the 2002 Jump Festa figure set (what's in the box, ignore the other figures):

The second and rarer is the 2002 Jump Festa pin set:

Anyone interested? If so, send me a pm.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn He looks badass. I wonder when I will see something like that in my country. sob.

majinjeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I've given up trying to find the stuff here, so I just order from websites. The figure looks good, but if I'm spending that much on one figure, I want it to be one of my favorites.

---------- Post added May 01, 2012 at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was April 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM ----------

My roommate is out of town, so I decided to take over the dining room table to take some pics. For some reason photobucket flipped the pictures randomly, so I'm just going to leave it like that I get some free time to mess with it.

These are the alternate covers that come with the compilation books (I have 1-3 right now).

These are the English volumes 1-27, the Japanese volumes 28-30, the Japanese data book, compilation books 1-3, piano sheet music, a pocket watch, 24 of the 25 mini figures (Kuroro is the 25th/secret). I have the Japanese volumes 1-27 as well, but they are in storage with all my other manga (last time I went I grabbed the English volumes so I could reread them).

I can't wait for new figures to come out.

And last Otakon I ran into a Killua cosplayer:

This got the gears cranking and I've been trying to figure out a cosplay to do from HxH.

Popo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
omg, thank you so much! is there any way you can scan in some of the color pages from the first chapter? i've searched for a long time but have never come across scans online.

majinjeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you mean Chapter 1 from the compilation? The best I can do is take a picture with my phone (which I did for those).

Netero

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really want to buy those compilation volumes but right now I'm kinda broke lol.

I originally posted this in the hangout thread.
This is my Hunter x Hunter collection! :hip

I have to buy this figure :omg

Last edited:

majinjeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Netero

Very nice collection. I was debating on getting the DVDs, but sinc the OVAs never got released, I just didn't want them. As for the compilations... I just found out Gantz is coming out with compiations as well (which come with alternate covers). I want to get them but I haven't found anywhere to buy them. Gantz is also getting a 1000 page compilation book, but the price was $200+...

And the Killua figure looks awesome, but personally I don't want to spend that much on Killua (Netero, Ging, Hisoka, on the other hand...)