How was this typesetting job? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How was this typesetting job?

Saaruto

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is one of my 1st typesetting pages (I have photoshop experience :amuse), and I was wondering, how was it? The translation is pretty stinky, and I used a raw in conjuction with a MQ/HQ scan that I found. Also, it is Page 1 of chapter 190. The page is attached.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
lets see. The left agon-kun part is off a little bit to the left. Generally you should try to make the text be in the shape of a diamond. I dont know what you did with the text that is on the top but just for future reference you should add a stroke to it (shinwei will tell you different and will tell you to add an outer glow but his method makes the text look overstroked, imo.). I dont have a particular problem with the devil bat ghost bubble other than, for aesthetic reasons, it looks wierd. I mean you probably should have used another font. (in that case you could just use wild words bolditalic but that is incredibly boring.)

vlado

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
You shold never use paterns in text for Edited Mangas , it looks bad and un-profesional , apart from whate neo sayd it's good for a beginer.

Terra

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Dont like the drop-shadow :P

The rest is pretty decent :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score