Discussion - Hobo in marley | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hobo in marley

JollydrewSNK

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So the speculation from chapter 93 carries over to chapter 94. who is the person with the long black hair and the armband on the wrong arm? many people have speculated it to be Eren and I agree. but what could his goal be? I have a couple of options:

1. Grim reminder, Eren is there to launch an attack on Marley.
2. Eren defected from the survey corps and went there to seek revenge on Reiner
3. He is there to look for some secrets or maybe more titan serum.
4. He is there to kidnap zeke because they need someone with royal blood.

there isn't alot of evidence for any of these but it's fun to speculate. 4 is possible since Eren atleast knows he has royal blood.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think he is Eren on an undercover misson.Maybe to kidnap the potential Warrior cadidates like Falco,Gabi and Colt or kill the Warriors themselves.

Potatoe-Titan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Your points:

1. Well, he is the Attack Titan, so yeah, I think he will attack at some point.
2. Revenge was always a part of Eren, makes sense, but I don't think he defected from the survey corp.
3. That's what spys do, but I don't think he is there for more serum, ofc he would take some if he gets some.
4. Makes the most sense cause I don't think he wants to eat Historia.

A fith point could be a try to start a civil war and free the Eldians. The last chapter looked like they are all anti-walldians like Reiners mum but thats not the case, a lot of them are anti-marley for sure. But I think thats unlikely, one of your four points should be the case, the fourth and first if you ask me.

I think he is not alone, my guess is that some of the main Squad (Mikasa for sure, maybe Levi and Jean) is somewhere near by. Eren is in Liberio simply cause he has all the memories, the others are somewhere else near Liberio.

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
If it really is Eren there, then I think he and his comrades are there for one out of two primarily reasons - perhaps even three.

1. First, to cause soem kind of uproar, civil unres tor the like. My idea is that if they found out some way of doing what Zeke did to Ragako village, then they'll most likely go for it. Why? Because if that happened, it would likely make anti-eldian sentiments within Marley soar to new heights as well as remind the Eldians under Marley's control how precarious their situation really is; right now, they're deluding themselves by thinking that as long as they play loyal dogs to their masters and unerringly follow their orders, they'll be safe and the world will eventually stop seeing them as 'devils', but anti-eldian sentiments soaring to new heights would serve to remind them - or making them simply realize - that the situation isn't that simple...

2. Their plan is to strike at the Titan Shifters. They still are the Marley's greatest asset and the greatest threat the Eldians on Paradis faces. If they manage to capture one or two of them, that alone tips the scales somewhat in favor of Paradis's cause, and even if they only manage to knock one or two of them temporarily out of the game, that still buys some time for them.

3. Their purpose is to find out who the new Titan Shifters will be. They might fear that the Marley will try the infiltration angle again and if so, it's crucial that they know who to look for in this case...

Of course, there would also be plenty of secondary objective too, such as finding out the current state of things in Marley, the Marley's military strenght and so forth...

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1. First, to cause soem kind of uproar, civil unres tor the like. My idea is that if they found out some way of doing what Zeke did to Ragako village, then they'll most likely go for it. Why? Because if that happened, it would likely make anti-eldian sentiments within Marley soar to new heights as well as remind the Eldians under Marley's control how precarious their situation really is; right now, they're deluding themselves by thinking that as long as they play loyal dogs to their masters and unerringly follow their orders, they'll be safe and the world will eventually stop seeing them as 'devils', but anti-eldian sentiments soaring to new heights would serve to remind them - or making them simply realize - that the situation isn't that simple...
For something like that to work I think it would have to be a pretty sneaky and schemy plan. If the Walldians tried to talk to the other Eldians, I think their first (and only) response would be to blow the whistle and call the Marley right away because they're just that brainwashed, and want to do anything and everything they can so that the Marleyans will approve (like lapdogs, as you said).

Like, the Walldians would have to somehow make the Marley commit a very big faux-pas, like revealing that they are (have always?) considered to exterminate ALL Eldians at some point, maybe when the Paradis mission was resolved.

That would be something that would HAVE to make the ghetto Eldians wake up and go

"YEAAH- wait what, hold on a minute..."

Otherwise I think it would be a tremendous waste of their time to try and pull off something like that... UNLESS they somehow made contact with yet another revolutionary group.

If that were the case, I wouldn't mind at all seeing an "Uprising arc" taking place on Marley to overthrow them, winning over people little by little, but to be honest I don't think that's too realistic, then again we just don't know what the current situation is from the Walldians' POV.

2. Their plan is to strike at the Titan Shifters. They still are the Marley's greatest asset and the greatest threat the Eldians on Paradis faces. If they manage to capture one or two of them, that alone tips the scales somewhat in favor of Paradis's cause, and even if they only manage to knock one or two of them temporarily out of the game, that still buys some time for them.
Yea, like I said on the main thread, it would make sense for them to try and kidnap the new Warriors, because if you take them away, the others would be left with no one (worthy/trained) to transfer the powers to.

However, this doesn't really work because whatever happens in the future, needs to happen in Eren's remaining lifetime (3-4 years), and nobody knows how long Reiner/Zeke have left to live, so they can't simply kidnap the new Warriors, wait for the others to die and let the powers be transfered to unexperienced people. That would take years and years.

Trying to do something to another current Warrior might be a bit risky though, I don't know... If this was somewhat of a moderate operation, they could pull it off; if there are more people with Eren there, they could've easily followed all the shifters/Warriors to where each lives, and strike during night time at their own houses while they sleep, like drugging them/putting them in a vegetative state or something like that.

Marley would lose their shit if ALL Titan powers/warrior candidates simply vanished without a trace!

such as finding out the current state of things in Marley, the Marley's military strenght and so forth...
Logically speaking, I believe they already achieved that by interrogating the soldiers on the boats.

I mean, they sent 32 ships, and I don't think the Walldians would be dumb enough to not make any prisoners. With 32 big-ass ships we can safely say that that's at least a few hundred soldiers.

All they would need to to is interrogate them all separately, and then analyze the info side by side and see what matches up and what doesn't.

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
For something like that to work I think it would have to be a pretty sneaky and schemy plan. If the Walldians tried to talk to the other Eldians, I think their first (and only) response would be to blow the whistle and call the Marley right away because they're just that brainwashed, and want to do anything and everything they can so that the Marleyans will approve (like lapdogs, as you said).

Like, the Walldians would have to somehow make the Marley commit a very big faux-pas, like revealing that they are (have always?) considered to exterminate ALL Eldians at some point, maybe when the Paradis mission was resolved.

That would be something that would HAVE to make the ghetto Eldians wake up and go

"YEAAH- wait what, hold on a minute..."

Otherwise I think it would be a tremendous waste of their time to try and pull off something like that... UNLESS they somehow made contact with yet another revolutionary group.

If that were the case, I wouldn't mind at all seeing an "Uprising arc" taking place on Marley to overthrow them, winning over people little by little, but to be honest I don't think that's too realistic, then again we just don't know what the current situation is from the Walldians' POV.
Which is why I said they might do something like what happened to Ragako village - if they managed to use some kind of titan serum or the like to 'poison' the Liberio ghertto and make Titans appear therer and start to devour both Eldians and Marleyans alike, well... They don't need much cooperation if any to pull that off, right?

But IF they're cooperating with anyone... Could explain why Eren - IF that is Eren - was with the traumatized veterans; they would be the ones being the most likely to hold a grudge against Marley and, having no family or the like as well, would be the ones with the least to lose as well... Especially if they know that they're among the ones the most likely to be made into fodder titans next. Also, remember what Kruger said about doctors being the best spies and the like... Eren may well have contacted some of Grisha and/or Kruger's old acquaintances using their memories too...

Yea, like I said on the main thread, it would make sense for them to try and kidnap the new Warriors, because if you take them away, the others would be left with no one (worthy/trained) to transfer the powers to.

However, this doesn't really work because whatever happens in the future, needs to happen in Eren's remaining lifetime (3-4 years), and nobody knows how long Reiner/Zeke have left to live, so they can't simply kidnap the new Warriors, wait for the others to die and let the powers be transfered to unexperienced people. That would take years and years.
Personally I think kidnapping the Shifter Candidates wouldn't do much good; sure, they're the cream of the crop, but I don't think the next candidates would be that much worse; the Marley would have plenty of silver medalists available to take the current Shifter Candidate's places... In fact that might even be worse, considering that Reiner was pretty much a silver medalist (in the guise of an honorary gold medalist) prior to Marcel's death, but afterwards elevated himself to full gold medal status, becoming one of the most formidable Shifters in the entire series, second only to Zeke... Compare that to Marcel, the actual gold medalist of the group sent to Paradis, who died without getting anything much done...

Trying to do something to another current Warrior might be a bit risky though, I don't know... If this was somewhat of a moderate operation, they could pull it off; if there are more people with Eren there, they could've easily followed all the shifters/Warriors to where each lives, and strike during night time at their own houses while they sleep, like drugging them/putting them in a vegetative state or something like that.

Marley would lose their shit if ALL Titan powers/warrior candidates simply vanished without a trace!
That was my idea, yeah. If anything, it's not that difficult to know who the Shifters are because they wear different armbands from the others, to tailing/tracking thme down is not that difficult. Striking at night time would make sense too and they could certainly pull it off with the 3d-gear and everything.

That said, while the Marley would surely lose their shit if they lost all their Shifters overnight like that... I do not believe they'll succeed in kidnapping all of them, if they do that. Maybe one or two - I could certainly see them manage to capture Pieck and maybe someone else as well, but not all of them at once...

Logically speaking, I believe they already achieved that by interrogating the soldiers on the boats.

I mean, they sent 32 ships, and I don't think the Walldians would be dumb enough to not make any prisoners. With 32 big-ass ships we can safely say that that's at least a few hundred soldiers.

All they would need to to is interrogate them all separately, and then analyze the info side by side and see what matches up and what doesn't.
Yes, you're right... That would totally make sense. And it might indeed be the reason for why Eren & co are in Marley now if they are: They found out from their prisoners that the Marley are currently busy warring agaisnt another nation and thus does not have time for Paradis for the time being. Meaning that since they know for sure that the Marley won't be doing an invasion for the time being, it's the perfect opportunity to do an infiltration mission to harm their enemies or learn more about them at least...

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Which is why I said they might do something like what happened to Ragako village - if they managed to use some kind of titan serum or the like to 'poison' the Liberio ghertto and make Titans appear therer and start to devour both Eldians and Marleyans alike, well... They don't need much cooperation if any to pull that off, right?
My problem with this scenario is... would they really do that? We're talking about the "good guys" here... but it would be interesting to see for sure.

But IF they're cooperating with anyone... Could explain why Eren - IF that is Eren - was with the traumatized veterans; they would be the ones being the most likely to hold a grudge against Marley and, having no family or the like as well, would be the ones with the least to lose as well... Especially if they know that they're among the ones the most likely to be made into fodder titans next. Also, remember what Kruger said about doctors being the best spies and the like... Eren may well have contacted some of Grisha and/or Kruger's old acquaintances using their memories too...
The thing with the traumatized soldiers is that they are pretty much useless... they wouldn't be able to function and/or do anything worthwhile...

If anything, those are the ones who could be turned into Titans since they're pretty much "gone" already, and have no relatives and stuff. Furthermore, if damaged people are indeed what makes Eldians become abnormals, then that would for sure create quite the big commotion.

That was my idea, yeah. If anything, it's not that difficult to know who the Shifters are because they wear different armbands from the others, to tailing/tracking thme down is not that difficult. Striking at night time would make sense too and they could certainly pull it off with the 3d-gear and everything.
Especially Pieck who's sstill using a crutch I think.

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
My problem with this scenario is... would they really do that? We're talking about the "good guys" here... but it would be interesting to see for sure.
It'd be a morally questionable thing to do for sure but not quite as bad as RBA letting the Titans inside of the Walls - unlike the Shinganshina district, the Liberio ghetto is far more equipped to survive Titans appearing in it considering it has at least four out of the five Shifters under Marley's control in it. It wouldn't be a nice tihng to do, but then again this series is full of even the supposedly good guys doing morally questionable things such as Levi and Hange torturing Sanes and Erwin taking the risk of causing a titan-fight to occur inside of the Walls despite the causalties such a fight would bring with it...

Besides, when it comes down to it, one might simply call it what happens in war, like when in WW2, where both the Axis and the Allies bombed the hell out of each other's cities despite the high civillian causalties it caused...

The thing with the traumatized soldiers is that they are pretty much useless... they wouldn't be able to function and/or do anything worthwhile...

If anything, those are the ones who could be turned into Titans since they're pretty much "gone" already, and have no relatives and stuff. Furthermore, if damaged people are indeed what makes Eldians become abnormals, then that would for sure create quite the big commotion....
I'll partly disagree with them being pretty much useless, but you're right that this makes them prime candiates for titanization either way...

Especially Pieck who's sstill using a crutch I think.
Yeah, I think whichever way things goes, whether Eren & co are there as infiltrators or not, Pieck is at great risk of becoming the first causalty of the coming conflict - she's the weakest of the bunch and unlike Porco, Zeke, Reiner and the 9th Titan, she has far less plot relevance...

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Pieck is at great risk of becoming the first causalty of the coming conflict - she's the weakest of the bunch and unlike Porco, Zeke, Reiner and the 9th Titan, she has far less plot relevance...
But Pieck is new best girl, she can't die, ever ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)