Games - Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

Weapon_X

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
So who are those bosses that really kicked your butts a lot of times??? The bosses who made you loose even when you were like 1% away from killing him?The bosses who made you reset your game a numerous times??

My hardest boss I've ever fought is in FF12 the last hunt Yaizamat. It takes like 2 whole hours(literally,the guy's life is massive and you have to play 2 continous hours) to kill the guy, he was the hardest ever. The other bosses were damn hard in other games as well but it didn't take me 2 hours though.

Eshvoide

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which boss in Soukaigi?
- Bridge Boss or ALMOST every f---ing boss in the game

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can't remember much, but for now the obvious Ultima Weapon FF7. It was before the time I was acquainted with the interwebz so you can imagine -.-;;

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
Which boss in Soukaigi?
- Bridge Boss or ALMOST every f---ing boss in the game
It can be any boss in any game. :)

Can't remember much, but for now the obvious Ultima Weapon FF7. It was before the time I was acquainted with the interwebz so you can imagine -.-;;
Damn, never played FF7 :( You played FF12?

Last edited:

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Strangely, they all felt same for me. Never been stuck with a single boss for long. Anyway, I did had some trouble with the second last boss (forget the name) in Devil May Cry 4.

Rainier

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I had some trouble with Ultimecia in FF8, but that was because I was 10 and didn't speak english by that time...lol.

Same happened with some boss in FFX, i don't remember which one though.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn, never played FF7 :( You played FF12?
You should. The story is one of the best, just don't play it expecting it to be the ultimate FF story ever like every fanboy wants you to :p. And I only got to play FF12 for a while before my PS2's laser broke down, so I didn't really get to fight any hard boss.

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
Strangely, they all felt same for me. Never been stuck with a single boss for long. Anyway, I did had some trouble with the second last boss (forget the name) in Devil May Cry 4.
Oh you meean Creed? That old guy at the end when you have to fight him as Dante, right? I can't remember much from DMC4 but the hardest "boss" in DMC4 was that electric guy...he was hard to kill <.<

I had some trouble with Ultimecia in FF8, but that was because I was 10 and didn't speak english by that time...lol.

Same happened with some boss in FFX, i don't remember which one though.
I remember playing FFX until they reach the blitzball island...and then I put the game down because it was so boring :( lol never touched it again...:darn

You should. The story is one of the best, just don't play it expecting it to be the ultimate FF story ever like every fanboy wants you to :p. And I only got to play FF12 for a while before my PS2's laser broke down, so I didn't really get to fight any hard boss.
I know the story a bit, like no one expected Sephiroth to kill that woman, right? Apparently that was a huge revelation in the game...oh right, well in FF12 there are lots of hard bosses LOL I had to fight this guy called Yaizamat and it literally takes 2 whole hours to kill him because his life is sooooooo long :p

Last edited:

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States
Usually, I try to beat and do every little thing in a game, but with FFXII... I gave up after a while. It wasn't that hard, but just so bloody time consuming finding items and whatnot that I never got to Yaziamat.

Anyways... one of the hardest bosses that I can remember was Sephiroth in KH. I found him pretty easy in KHII, but not KH... It took me a pretty good amount of time before I could get the best of him.

Shrimp

Reaction score
Country
France
For me, I think it was Abyssion, in Tales of symphonia. If I had to fight him now I guess I would be alright, but at the time I didn't really know all of the game mechanics yet, and I probably used pretty bad EX-skills too, so it was REALLY hard. Beating him makes the rest of the game so much easier though, it was well worth it :D

And I think I could never beat Magneto in X-Men : Children of the Atom. First fighting game I ever played. Too bad my Saturn died :(

Snake_Cowboy

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I agree with Shrimp up there that Abyssion was a tough one. Probably one of the longest boss fights I've ever fought, but it didn't take me a lot of tries. Two or three, tops.

But some of the most dangerous bosses I've ever seen are from one of the first videogames I've played: the original Star Fox, for the SNES (also known as Star Wing). Most of the bosses on the easiest route aren't that difficult (except Phantron II and Andross, kinda), but the bosses on the other routes are a whole different story. The Plasma Hydra and Metal Smasher took me YEARS to kill. Blade Barrier was hard, Monarch Dodora was effing lethal, Spinning Core too and I never beat the Great Commander in his second form, thus I've never truly completed the game.

Legion, the final boss in Shadowman (for the N64), was probably the hardest boss I've ever faced. Took me countless tries and all you get is a shoddy ending. (but at least killing the fucker was satisfactory)

Recently, though, some of the hardest bosses I've fought were from Ninja Gaiden II, especially Alexei. I beat him with only the LAST shred of health that I had left. Really close.

Eshvoide

Reaction score
Country
United States
No sorry :( But I know it's for the PS1, was the game that hard that you found every boss hard? :oh
Well, I beat the 1st (that old guy), 2nd (construction site boss?), and 3rd bosses, but after that it just went downhill... though I never played it properly, but all I knew when I got to the bridge boss, it was just UTTER hell that even a cheat took me 3 days to finally beat (aka get a hang of it).

I'm really hating Kurohime (PS2). The enemy is WAY too cheap.

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
Usually, I try to beat and do every little thing in a game, but with FFXII... I gave up after a while. It wasn't that hard, but just so bloody time consuming finding items and whatnot that I never got to Yaziamat.

Anyways... one of the hardest bosses that I can remember was Sephiroth in KH. I found him pretty easy in KHII, but not KH... It took me a pretty good amount of time before I could get the best of him.
Really? That was my fav part of the game, finding items etc. It was just fun, challenging as well. There are so many things to get in the game that I even haven't done yet...secret traps, locations etc...it was just fun playing it for hours and hours, you don't even notice the time go by. :)

Damn, haven't played KH1 or 2 though I was planning to but never got the chance around it...

Well, I beat the 1st (that old guy), 2nd (construction site boss?), and 3rd bosses, but after that it just went downhill... though I never played it properly, but all I knew when I got to the bridge boss, it was just UTTER hell that even a cheat took me 3 days to finally beat (aka get a hang of it).

I'm really hating Kurohime (PS2). The enemy is WAY too cheap.
Even with the cheats it was that hard? Yeah PS1 games were crazy, I remember Resident Evil 1 being hard...PS1 games are much harder then Ps2 and Ps3.

You played Devil May Cry? That has some hard bosses...

Last edited:

Eshvoide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even with the cheats it was that hard? Yeah PS1 games were crazy, I remember Resident Evil 1 being hard...PS1 games are much harder then Ps2 and Ps3.
I only had the infinite health cheat. But for that bridge boss, you have to defeat him before he got to the end and if you fell, you had to start ALL the way from the beginning. You're fighting the boss and it's a bunch of platforms that you have to jump to and there's almost a good chance the enemy can hit you while your traveling from platform to platform.

SparkHunter13

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Wiegraf, Final Fantasy Tactics.

That sunuvabitch just will not die (easily).

Eshvoide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, FFT was pretty hard for the PSX but I haven't tried on the PSP. I hated the f---ing rooftop battle trying to save Rafa.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I know that this doesn't really qualify as a boss but...

The Hallway leading up to Voidreaver and A'lar in TK (WoW:TBC).

That are alone caused more wipes than actual bosses (sans Kael) in TK.

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dragon Warrior VII's final boss. Oh my. Five different frickin' forms. All annoying as heck.

Oh wait. Never mind. Operation Darkness's Mission 26; Mission 26 is a boss mission. Three bosses and a tank (along with numerous cronies). Then things get better:
One of the bosses that you tried so hard to defeat ends up getting a resurgence of power, and THEN a dragon appears! What the shit!

Last edited: