Discussion - Handball 2013 World Cup | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Handball 2013 World Cup

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Here is the official site:

http://handballspain2013.com/

It just started recently, are some of your countrymen in this tournament? I think my country has a good streak so far, but they are not in the best of forms I should say. But I do have high hopes for them.

Discuss the current ongoing handball world cup. :)

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I was about to make this thread (more general though, as handball doesn't have a single thread here lol) , but no one gave a sh!t about handball :XD

We failed against Brazil (technically a worse team), but we still can get to r2... I hate our group :/

Qatar and Chile have it really hard in your group, it's kinda obvious who will get to round 2 there.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow, glad you are following handball Hardy! :XD I agree it falls in the shadow due to other sports. :(

I do guess you can beat Tunisia? And you were in the third pot, quite a good seed, Germany and France may top that one, but Germans are not what they used to be when they were world champions and all.

Well, I do suppose that our 5th place in the last euro got us a good seed to start with however Denmark is the clear winner of our group, but I think we do have a shot against Iceland and Russia considering they are not in their best days as well. I fear Russia more than Iceland though, we generally have a sort of handball feud with Iceland, so we know them well, this current Russian team is a mystery to me. :XD

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Wow, glad you are following handball Hardy! :XD I agree it falls in the shadow due to other sports. :(

I do guess you can beat Tunisia? And you were in the third pot, quite a good seed, Germany and France may top that one, but Germans are not what they used to be when they were world champions and all.

Well, I do suppose that our 5th place in the last euro got us a good seed to start with however Denmark is the clear winner of our group, but I think we do have a shot against Iceland and Russia considering they are not in their best days as well. I fear Russia more than Iceland though, we generally have a sort of handball feud with Iceland, so we know them well, this current Russian team is a mystery to me. :XD
We won't win against Germany (they lost to Tunisia... that makes things worse for us) nor France unless something magical happens (like the last WC against Sweden). Brazil should had been a sure win, now we're gonna struggle, good thing we won against Montenegro...
We should win against Tunisia (or one of the top 2) and hope that Brazil doesn't win another match.

I think something like this will happen:

Group A France Germany Tunisia Argentina Montenegro Brazil (of course I want my team in :XD )

Group B Denmark Macedonia Rusia Iceland Chile Qatar

Group C Slovenia Serbia Poland Belarus Korea Arabia

Group D Spain Croatia Hungary Algeria Egypt Australia

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I do think France and Denmark are favorites here, though do not count out Croatia and Spain. I do think that medals will go somewhere between them.

I hope that our top player Kiril Lazarov grabs the top scorer title as he has done previously, he holds the TOP SCORER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WC with 92 goals, doubt that will be repeated though.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I hope that our top player Kiril Lazarov grabs the top scorer title as he has done previously, he holds the TOP SCORER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WC with 92 goals, doubt that will be repeated though.
:oh I didn't know that.

Watching Argentina-Germany right now, 13-17... We are doing kinda well, butwe're depending too much on Simonet and our defense is sucking u.u

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Omg their keeper is owning us

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Omg we're doing a come back...

What a goal by Seba Simonet.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

K, we got owned.

Funny though, that playing so bad (really, we could have done waaay better, especially in defense) we were so close. It's a pity.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Iceland's keeper owned us as well, wow what a bad match, to think that our goalkeeper was on par with him, but sadly our attack could not do much. Damn, we have to start being more aggressive in the attack otherwise we are scared to even fire a shot and wait till the very end of the attack.

Btw, hardy, your team still has hope for the second round, as I said Tunisia. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Tie .. meh, though we should be happy as Russia was leading for most of the match, I just hope that those two mistakes by Manaskov were not there, we could have gotten the lead. :( Oh well, I do hope things turn out well and we avoid France in the next stage.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Wow, France completely destroyed us. After 2 friendly matches with them before the WC (and after barely losing against Germany playing bad), I thought that we could have a chance against them...

Yup, as you said, Tunisia is our big match. I don't have much hope but still, Go Argentina :cheerbunny

---------- Post added January 18, 2013 at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was January 17, 2013 at 01:16 AM ----------

K, we made a lot of mistakes, they defended amazingly...

WC ended for me :ohaielmo

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn, I just checked yesterday or something that Tunisia actually bear Germany. O_O They are a strong contender it seems, beating Germany is no easy feat.

---------- Post added January 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was January 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM ----------

Meh, the Germans are on fire, they maybe actually turn out to be favorites here, even though they were expected a good performance, but nothing special, I guess. Now it seems they have gone favorites, with both France and Spain loosing, I am doubting their performance here as well, Croatia can cause some damage as well. It will be fun until the end.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Damn, Spain owned the finals... they totally deserve the to be world champions (damn locals :arf).

We made a less than decent perfomance... but meh, we're still developing, there's nothing we can really do :XD

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sick final, wow, I never expected something like this. I know people were giving Spain the upper hand since the very beginning, but I never thought they would own this much. And Denmark had a more easy run to the finals, so maybe that is the case? I have not seen a team dominate this much ... O_O