General Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

General Discussion Thread

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Use this thread for all discussion not specific to the current fights.

Waterlinkedgirl

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Can I just real quickly say that banner holy shoot bless the person who made it
okay thx

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah....she is blessed with good eyes.

See what i did there hardy:XD

Lupin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
My biggest fear is Niou being up against Banjii in the first round and losing...

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Don't worry, first round or finals, it doesn't matter when he faces Niou, Banji is taking this.

Edit: offtopic but I never noticed that the Uchiha Clan looks like a ping pong paddle '-'

terutan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't wait til Sengoku is number one husbando on this whole site js.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't worry, first round or finals, it doesn't matter when he faces Niou, Banji is taking this.

Edit: offtopic but I never noticed that the Uchiha Clan looks like a ping pong paddle '-'
Its a fan.

Lupin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
If Banjii takes Niou out, I'm gonna hard carry Sengoku to victory.

Its a fan.
Yeah there's some symbolism or whatever about Uchiha fanning the flames and whatnot.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Banjii takes Niou out, I'm gonna hard carry Sengoku to victory.

Yeah there's some symbolism or whatever about Uchiha fanning the flames and whatnot.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
All stats (from fanbook 10.6) can be found here

Speed: How fast his game is and how fast he reacts towards his target.
Power: How powerful his looks are and the impact they have.
Stamina: How much they can endure and how much they can do without a rest.
Mental: How they react towards their target, different approaches and even tactical knowledge.
Technique: How skilled they are when performing.

Amane Hikaru
Nickname:
David
Kurobe's Analysis: The most recent winner of the "Love Ranking", giving Atobe his first defeat, Amane Hikaru has plenty tools at his disposal when it comes to seducing women... as long as he doesn't open his mouth.
Speed [4]: He never misses a chance to say one of his puns thanks to his great reaction time. Talking to women is, perhaps, just another excuse for him to have more opportunities to unleash his puns.
Power [6]: His looks are something quite out of this world, going beyond perfection, basically entering the realm of art.
Stamina [5]: He seems to have a never ending fuel tank when it comes to puns. Not even the highest wall can stop him.
Mental [1]: For the lack of better words, his approach is disappointing. Not only does he interact with absolutely everyone the same way, but his goal is none other than his own amusement.
Technique [1]: Even though he is naturally gifted when it comes to looks, his skill is a totally different story, and he doesn't seem to desire to change this. "Pft" is not a very good compliment, either.

Mifune Memo: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY AND WHY WONT HE SHUT UP JESUS CHRIST!? WE GOT THE WEIRDEST CHILDREN IN THIS CAMP!!!

Atobe Keigo
Nickname:
The King
Kurobe's Analysis: The captain of Japan's Middleschoolers is also their leader when it comes to seduction. This man has it all: personality, looks, dedication and even money. But is that enough for him to be objectivly the best? (The answer is yes)
Speed [3]: The speed of his approach is rather lacking even if it doesn't look like it. I would say he should work on it, but he doesn't need it at all as his game is not speed based.
Power [5]: Years of care and planning have made him the handsome man he is today. The stacks of chocolates we receive at the camp is a small proof of this.
Stamina [5]: He does the bare minimum on his performance, so even if his endurance could potentially be lacking, it ends up showing no flaws.
Mental [3]: Albeit rare, when his looks, Bigi and money don't have the impact he desires, his personality takes the best of him (See his interactions with Tachibana An). He needs to work on this as soon as possible.
Technique [6]: This player clearly knows how to play his cards. And they are very good cards. The skill behind his Bigi is amazing and his wealth only takes this a step further.

Mifune Memo: THIS GUY IS SO COCKY AND I ONLY MADE IT WORSE... ALSO WHAT IS ALL THIS "BIGI" TALK? MY EX-WIFE LEFT ME BECAUSE SHE KEPT COMPLAINING OF MY SMOLY AND... FUCK THIS I AINT TALKING NO MORE.

Banda Mikiya
Nickname:
Banji
Kurobe's Analysis: Even if his physique is not what it used to be in his better years, his knowledge is amazing and he knows how to make it work. He is totally a MiddleSchooler by the way.
Speed [3]: It is rumoured that, when it came to women, his Speed used to be as impressive as his student, Sengoku, but it still remains decent nowadays as expected.
Power [1]: His looks clearly have a big impact, just not the one he desires.
Stamina [4]: As we've seen in the past when he tried to recruit players for his team, he is restless when it comes to convince he is the best out there. Only his body is stopping him from reaching perfection in this matter.
Mental [5]: This sly fox knows the ins and outs of the art of seduction. He might not change your mind, but he will definitely make you second guess your choice, and that's where his passionate game lies in.
Technique [5]: His tactical knowledge also covers different skills and techniques. No one should let their guard down in front of him, else it would end in the instantaneous demise of his target.

Mifune Memo: WHO THE FUCK LET THIS RAISIN IN THE CAMP??? THIS IS NOT EVEN LEGAL WHAT THE FUCK!!! OK TO BE HONEST SOME DECADES AGO I USED TO CLUB WITH HIM, COOL GUY, HOPE HE DESTROYS THESE SHITTY KIDS.

Niou Masaharu
Nickname:
Trickster
Kurobe's Analysis: I'm honestly surprised we managed to get enough data on this guy. His nickname is definitely fitting, that's for sure, and thanks to his tricks and illusions he has a wide array of approaches available to him... if he wants to use them.
Speed [3]: His reflexes and speed are on the "alright" side, being nothing really remarkable but they get the job done.
Power [3]: He has his own special look which is something not necessarily bad, but that definitely lowers the quantity of targets available out there for him... when he's himself.
Stamina [3]: Just as his Speed, his endurance gets the job done... but that's pretty much it. He must not underestimate women, otherwise this unimpressive Stamina can become his demise.
Mental [2]: When he is serious there is little that can stop him. But sadly, this is rarely the case. He likes to play games with people and females are no exception. He definitely needs to work on this aspect with most urgency to improve his game, but not the game he likes to play.
Technique [7]: Thanks to his illusions, his skill goes beyond human capabilities and even further. His quick mind and expertise greatly completement his already magnificent technique.

Mifune Memo: I HATE THIS LITTLE SHIT AND HIS TRICKS. I CAN NO LONGER GO TO POOP WITHOUT CHECKING WHERE IM SEATING. OTHER THAN THAT, HE IS ONE OF THE BETTER PERFORMERS BUT ITS NOT LIKE THESE TWERPS ARE ANY REFERENCE.

Saeki Kojiro
Nickname:
Uselessly Handsome
Kurobe's Analysis: It seems that unexplored potential is a common trait among many of these contestants, and Saeki is no exception. He would be great at the game, if only he knew he was playing it.
Speed [1]: It's impossible to react to something if you are oblivious of its existance, and this man is very oblivious towards many things.
Power [5]: His natural looks are impecable. If it's his blessing or perhaps a curse to other men, that I cannot tell.
Stamina [4]: He is definitely not lacking in endurance. He can disaplay how amazing he is with little to no effort.
Mental [1]: If his Speed seemed to be his weakest stat, then it's because his Mental has been overlooked. If we were to qualify using "0s", he would have one here. Just like Niou gave honour to his "trickster" nickname, Saeki does the same with his', showing he definitely is useless. He urgently needs to be coached, or at least reminded there is a game out there being played and he is clearly not just a pawn.
Technique [4]: Naturally gifted with amazing skill, he uses a great variety of seduction techniques even if he doesn't know he is using them. He needs to work in a finishing move, however.

Mifune Memo: I'M SO GLAD WE DIDN'T INVITE THIS LITTLE SHIT TO THE CAMP OTHERWISE I WOULD HAD BEEN CONVICTED FOR MURDER.

Sengoku Kiyosumi
Nickname: Lucky Sengoku
Kurobe's Analysis: His potential seems to be second to none, but this rough diamond needs a lot of work. He seems to be as lucky with women as he is with tennis.
Speed [5]: The velocity of his game is second to none in the camp. Once he spots a lady, thanks to his motion vision, he doesn't let her escape his sight and seems to teleport next to his target.
Power [3]: He is potentially one of the better looking guys in the camp, but he severely has to work on having a less "annoying" smirk.
Stamina [6]: If it's about women, his endurance goes beyond the limits of humanity. When he goes to sleep, he feels he hasn't accomplished anything if he doesn't approach at least 7 women during the day.
Mental [2]: His resilience is admirable and he never takes a "no" as an answer, even if it's the only answer he ever gets. However, once he approaches women he always tries the usual things, never coming up with anything new nor original -even less when he's on the spot.
Technique [1]: As mentioned before, his approach is lacking. While saying "hi" can be enough to start a conversation, the depth of it shouldn't stop there. Perhaps some time with his coach at Yamabuki would help his weakest aspect.

Mifune Memo:
I WANT TO PUNCH HIS FACE SO BAD. WHAT A WASTE OF POTENTIAL. I WISH MOMOSHIRO HAD BEATEN HIM WITH BROKEN WRISTS AND THAT'S THE ONLY WAY THIS GUY WOULD GET A VICTORY. ACTUALLY, SCRAP THAT, I HATE THE BURGER KID AS WELL. ANYWAY, GONNA GET THIS GUY IN THE NATIONAL TEAM ONLY TO SEE HIM WRECKED.

Shiraishi Kuranosuke
Nickname:
The Bible
Kurobe's Analysis: This man has two stat spreads!? Just like his partner Kirihara, it seems that in certain situations a very different personality compared to his own takes care of his body. In this case, Shishyshi "comes to life" whenever women get involved.
Speed [3.5][2]: The Romance Bible could be as effective as the Tennis bible, if only the executioner was a better performer. Thanks to this, the reactions of his approach manage to be a bit above average, but in Shishyshi Mode he seems to go down a couple of gears.
Power [3.5][5]: His looks must not be underestimated, even if it's more of a natural thing rather than his hard Bible Work. When in Shishyshi Mode, he gains an "adorable" aura that can be incredibly hard to resist (albeit not strong enough to guarantee victories on its own).
Stamina [3.5][2]: Following his Bible, the man is aware of how much he will have to endure and his body is ready for this. Sadly, this is only on paper, and his Shishyshi persona seems to completely forget about his real capabilities.
Mental [3.5][1]: Just as his Stamina, his Mental Fortitude would be quite admirable... if not for his second personality. If he is on Shishyshi Mode, he seems to completely crumble, and needs to work on this with extreme urgency as it can potentially affect his tennis performances as well (see his match against Zeus).
Technique [3.5][4]: Surprisingly, his already decent skill gets even better when in Shishyshi Mode. He just doesn't have the Mental fortitude to put it into action.

Mifune Memo: I SWEAR TO GOD THESE PLANT DWEEBS ARE GONNA MAKE ME GO CRAZY. BUNCH OF LOSERS MY GOD... WHAT IS THIS SHASHASHA BULLSHIT IM GONNA SLAP THE SHIT OUTTA HIM AND GET HIM INTO "ANGEL MODE" THE OLD FASHIONED WAY.

Yukimura Seichi
Nickname:
The Child of God
Kurobe's Analysis: When it comes to ladies, he doesn't seem to bring the same level of game as he does in the court, perhaps due to a lack of interest in the subject.
Speed [3]: When it comes to women, his reactions are nothing but average. He prefers to sit back and attack in the right moment with a precise approach.
Power [4]: He's gifted with a very unique and appealing look, showing signs of delicacy even if his inside is the total opposite. However, he doesn't seem to take much care of himself.
Stamina [2]: Even though his heart can be cold like ice, it is not as strong. Being on the top all his life, he is not used to total defeats -a common thing when it comes to women- and he has a hard time recovering from these blows. He needs to work urgently on this.
Mental [3]: If we were to only consider his calculative nature, his Mental prowess would probably be among the best in the camp. However, his improvisation skills are lacking and his already mentioned "weak" heart is his Achiles' heel.
Technique [3]: Even if he is naturally gifted when it comes to looks, the same cannot be said about his skill. If his one trick doesn't work with the woman in front of him, he seems to become a victim of his own Yips.

Mifune Memo: HE IS BUT A MERE CHILD, NO GOD TO BE SEEN. THOSE PLANT DWEEBS ARE A BAD INFLUENCE, I'LL GET HIM A BETTER ROOM.

Waterlinkedgirl

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the data! It seems you put a lot of effort into this shitpost expandation of arguments, I really appreciate it ^^

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I just copy pasted them from the 10.6 romance stats, thanks @Awennor for the translations.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Farfalla and @mio (aceakaya) remember to wear husbando avatars next time for your 3 bonus points :x

mio (aceakaya)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
//sad because there is no cute fanart for banji

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country