Question - Garp's Survival | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Garp's Survival

Will Garp survive?

• Yes to the end of the series.

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No he will die to Blackbeard

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No but someone else will do it.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • He will die to Blackbeard just not this arc.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think we need to forget the Sabo thing for it to make sense. The fact that he forgot who he is but still kept the name Sabo already ruins it. There is no rational way for Ace, Luffy, Dadan etc to not know he was alive and a revolutionary once he gained a bounty. It's just all a purposeful retcon.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Just decided to add a new choice.

With recent events I think that this just the prelude too Garp death, his Ace vs Blackbeard fight, if that's going to happen.
Cuz Garp dieing and Luffy just finding out about it second handed .I don't think that would be a very good narrative choice. And Oda likes his narrative time clocks.

Last edited:

armycat23

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just decided to add a new choice.

With recent events I think that this just the prelude too Garp death, his Ace vs Blackbeard fight, if that's going to happen.
Cuz Garp dieing and Luffy just finding out about it second I don't think would be a very good narrative choice. And Oda like his narrative time clocks.
I agree

I do think Garp dying here would be faaaar too anti-climatic for Oda's style. If Garp is gonna die....it's going to be on a much more grand stage. It may not be in front of luffy, but won't be in a fight that's barely noticeable.

barbeque

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
In my opinion Garp will survive this and if the storyline at some point needs him to die I find it more proper that it would happen in the future near the end and by the hands of the WG ( imu, 5elders, holy knights idk), in an open confrontation/war. It would really be a turnover for also the Marines and the world when their hero, a legendary marine (and not a pirate this time around) gets killed by the organization that they protect and believe that promotes justice. It will be a revolution, make the truth more credible. Lets not forget that Garp is also a D, and all D have defied WG at some point, even marines (Saul). Also why would he be so hyped in the entire manga, be such an important person to the main character and have him die like this. It would have no sense. Luffy Is not shown to be a revenge driven character.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Garp's going to burn himself out with some last stand attack vs a Gorosei/Holy Knight/Imu way later on. I don't see him actually being killed by an enemy's attack, but I certainly don't see him surviving the series.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think garp is going the chinjao way. He'll probably survive but won't exactly recover from this. He'll probably be just an old man.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Garp the Hero will be the tribute that Teach will use to pressure the WG into making his pirate empire an affiliated WG country. Hence Garp will survive.

I halfway agree with you that Blackbeard may keep Garp prisoner or demand Aokiji kill him to prove he’s truly on his own standing from WG.