Shounen - Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

Wakka Kool-Aid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm rather enjoying the content of the series, and not the storyline. I mean, the art is great, and the fights are awesome, it's just that I don't like the idea of this one 14 year old kid being a GOD. I also wish there were some more support characters.

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
After one week of no Gamaran, finally, more Ogame style/school people have been revealed in the latest chapter, Sakura Shinnojou and Ichinose Zenmaru. Hopefully they can/will join Gama soon...cause I have a feeling he needs help against the Kyousen...just from looking at this chapter alone...

Raws for Chapter 16 are now up - http://mangahelpers.com/m/gamaran/chapters/16/

Last edited:

yasuo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm rather enjoying the content of the series, and not the storyline. I mean, the art is great, and the fights are awesome, it's just that I don't like the idea of this one 14 year old kid being a GOD. I also wish there were some more support characters.

I wouldn't call him a God ^^

He has his goals and want to achieve them. That's what makes him strong. The only thing he is concentrating on, is to become stronger than his father. If his father is really that strong than he has to become stronger than this, that's for sure. Besides Gama got injured in every fight. A God wouldn't get injurys from those guys.

That he got injurys, shows us that he has to make mistakes to win. Through his mistakes, he learns more about the techniques of his opponent and can come up with some strategies.

Ok, I'm honest he is really strong but I like this. If he is this strong at the beginning of the manga, then we will see just more awesome fights, against stronger opponents.

wow six times the word strong ^^

- yasuo​

Last edited:

puremadniss

Reaction score
Country
United States
this weeks chapter is good.. no ??

finally sum more members of the ogame skool, they may join
but i have a feeling, that gama might end up fighting them instead of them joining gama

who noes =/

gama continues to show so much potiential

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Nah, I wouldn't see any reason for those two fighting gama. Not at this moment. My biggest concern is for whom those two will join. Iirc, Gama's father was part of the tournament too, no? So will they join the son or will they join his father/sensei.

I definitely think Gama needs assistance for what may come later on. So I'd rather like to see those two ending up with Gama. Btw, don't forget there's always a play with time. This meeting could have perfectly happened before Gama's last encounter (but I'd highly doubt that). Then again, is Gama far away?

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
That's funny. The father is missing, isn't he? =S

So they should be helping Gama, not Jinsuke.

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
...I don't recall that his father joins the fight though...they only say that he's missing...unless something on that line is said in the past 3-4 chapters, since I haven't been keeping up with it much ever since I dropped the translating job... .-.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I wouldn't call him a God ^^

He has his goals and want to achieve them. That's what makes him strong. The only thing he is concentrating on, is to become stronger than his father. If his father is really that strong than he has to become stronger than this, that's for sure. Besides Gama got injured in every fight. A God wouldn't get injurys from those guys.

That he got injurys, shows us that he has to make mistakes to win. Through his mistakes, he learns more about the techniques of his opponent and can come up with some strategies.

Ok, I'm honest he is really strong but I like this. If he is this strong at the beginning of the manga, then we will see just more awesome fights, against stronger opponents.

wow six times the word strong ^^

- yasuo​
I totally agree. Right now, he is very strong but I think he has not reached the heights where he is aiming at. Gama is able to handle the opposition in the tournament with much difficulty, nevertheless he is beating them. Just to think, his father is stronger than him, amazing he must be a monster.

yasuo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's funny. The father is missing, isn't he? =S

So they should be helping Gama, not Jinsuke.

Yes, he is!

Maybe they got informations about gama joining the tournament. Now they want to have "fun" too.

He represents the Ogame fighting style. So they have to join him. Otherwise they could kill him and replace him. But that would definitely be to much for a story ^^

- yasuo

a_nevels666

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I totally agree. Right now, he is very strong but I think he has not reached the heights where he is aiming at. Gama is able to handle the opposition in the tournament with much difficulty, nevertheless he is beating them. Just to think, his father is stronger than him, amazing he must be a monster.

I think it's fairly obvious his father will be the ultimate enemy, that's pretty much the standard for a series like this.

Two things make this stand out for me though:
One, the combat seems a lot more deadly than in your average shounen.

And two: the techniques have a basis in reality. Most of these series go way overboard with the fantasy stuff, and by the third story arc people are blowing up mountains left and right with techniques conveniently never mentioned before.

Off to a good start, let's hope it stays that way.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I think it's fairly obvious his father will be the ultimate enemy, that's pretty much the standard for a series like this.
I dunno. Somehow I feel like the father will definitely be a major villain as one of the final ones, but that the actual final villain will be someone not yet introduced but will be soon enough.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
yet again, a great chapter. This is a manga that asks for more. Ryuugo enjoys this and I wouldn't be surprised if his brother would be very serious and strong. I wonder where the fight will go to.

The father, so I was right when I said he was participating the tournament too. Well, he is definitely some opponent Gama will have to face

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read this yesterday and loved it. Will be checking out how it evolves with eagerness.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Chapter 20 is out. The battle between Sakon and Gama is going all guns blazing, with Gama on the back foot for last few chapters. But it seems Gama is going to go all out. I somehow knew, Gama hasn't shown us all of what he got, great stuff.

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
was chapter 21 released this week? or is it going to be released next week, since is not on the raw-paradise website

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
While I have really enjoyed Gamaran so far I would like to see the mangaka explore the plot a little more. I think this fight ends the round, hopefully before the next round starts there could be some non - action chapters that begin delving into the tournament, why it started, did the lord have any motivation more than choising a successor, etc. Gamaran has the potential to be one of the great current action series. So far it has lived up to it's potential, hopefully it goes even further.

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
does anyone knows why mangahelpers deleted the gamaran chapters??

Foundway

Reaction score
Country
Germany
does anyone knows why mangahelpers deleted the gamaran chapters??
If I remeber correctly , it has done with that kodansha has requested to ban all their mangas from the site.
Some copyright issue.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
We can still discuss it even if it is removed. Chapter 22 is out on the internet.

Gama has prevailed victorious against Sakon. It was the best battle so far. I, at one stage was in doubt whether Gama will win or not. He pulled out a miraclous victory in the end. A sad end for Sakon, he was made a monster, by none other than his own brother. Really sad end to Sakon.

Wakka Kool-Aid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know... I love the art of the manga, but it's already getting old to me. At the beginning I guess I liked it that this kid is badass and is taking down all of these expert fighters, but now it's just overkill. He seems overpowered to me. The abilities of the other schools just aren't that impressive if the entire school is being taken down by one person who is injured nontheless. There has been virtually no suspense who's going to win in the battles as the formula has been so far

Gama confronts school
Easily takes out the fodder of the school
Comes into contact with Strongest in school
Gets injured by this fighter.
Overcome injury and win due to amazing speed.

It's just losing it's flare to me I guess.