Question - Fresh Blood in the Studio - Getting started | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Fresh Blood in the Studio - Getting started

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
First things first, I know I speak of art, I'm aware I only coloured this, just so you know :)
As the title suggest, I'm entirely new to art and everything related to it, however it has peaked my interest. I like to photoshop, or even draw but never had the patience for it till now.
I'm aware this is nothing you learn overnight, I'm ready for the long road.

What I started out with is photoshop, and what I started with in photoshop is colouring black and white pictures... However, I got no clue on how to get good at making shadows in the colours, depths etc.

I would really appreciate any kinds of help on how to get further with this, or links for good guides, as there are plenty of misguided ones out there.. but I'd especially appreciate personal advices :)

Keep in mind, I'm entirely new :)

First project

Is pretty basic compared to i.e.

Which was created by someone else.

This is what I initially aim for in order to improve and learn the first steps.
I would love any kind of advice, no matter how small they may be, it would really be appreciated.

Thank you :tackle

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I basically show this to everyone who is new to coloring,since it's one of the best basic tutorials by one of the best colorists out there.Despite its shortness,it was like a bible to me,which gave me everything I needed to color.It's by Amaretti and you can find it here.Here is an advanced tutorial in case you already want to go a step further or you got the basics down.

Now practise,practise and practise.The long road do is long.And when I say that I mean damn long.
Anyway,have fun with the tutorial and I hope it was helpful to you.

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I basically show this to everyone who is new to coloring,since it's one of the best basic tutorials by one of the best colorists out there.Despite its shortness,it was like a bible to me,which gave me everything I needed to color.It's by Amaretti and you can find it here.Here is an advanced tutorial in case you already want to go a step further or you got the basics down.
This is awesome, exactly what I needed :)
Thank you very much <3

Now practise,practise and practise.The long road do is long.And when I say that I mean damn long.
Anyway,have fun with the tutorial and I hope it was helpful to you.
Roger meister :D Thanks, it's really helpful, and I do enjoy it :smile-big