Discussion - First Game You Ever Finished | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion First Game You Ever Finished

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hi. What's the first game you ever finished? And by finished, I mean complete the game, not be close to finishing and never touching the game again, because that is not finishing. And by finishing, I mean beating the boss, not doing all achievements or whatnot that aren't as relevant.

I think Time Crisis would have to be the first game I've beaten. Either that or Rival Schools, Street Fighter 2 (alpha?), or Tekken. Most likely Time Crisis. I spent so long trying to beat the game and finally did it. I was so happy and excited.

IT WAS SUCH A SWEET VICTORY! :arf

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm... it has to be Secret of Mana.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I'm not really that sure what was the first game that I finished. I guess you could say Pokémon Red, but then you never really finish the game. Still, it felt pretty great beating the champion. But what I tend to aknowledge as the first game I truly finished (and obtain the special ending!) was Kingdom Hearts. Before that I played a lot of games yet never really finished them. Kingdom Hearts wasn't just my first PS2 game, it was also the first game I beat when I really started to play games properly, that is by actually playing them until the end and not stop just because I got bored or got stuck at a certain part. Before beating that game I only finished a handful of games, most of which I can't even remember (Pokémon games, Super Mario Bros. 2/Advance, etc...). Finishing Kingdom Hearts was truly an epic experience!

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword

I finished it 100%, which is something I had never done previously with a video game. I played Mario Kart 64, Dr. Mario, X-Men, Golden Eye, and Super Smash Brother Melee a lot as a kid and would have probably finished them if there was such a thing as being able to finish those games. I want to say I almost finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but I don't think I ever got to the very end.

Skyward Sword will probably always be my favorite game, and that reason is a major contributor. Also, it's a kick ass game.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time Crisis is probably one of the first for me too. Well the one I can remember. xD I use to go crazy on it in the arcades but finally got my hands on the game for ps1 and then just kept playing it until I managed to finish it. It wasn't easy at the time. ;(

Other games I remember are Whiplash, Total Annihilation (Campagin mode) and the first commander and conquer game now that was a bloody classic.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Mortal Kombat 1 or 3, I don't remember exactly, which I played first...I know for sure that Mortal Kombat 3 was easier to beat, because Shao Kahn was a noob:p...

PS: never managed to beat MK2 though:s...Kintarou was insane:arf

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
First? Mario 3 in the NES (although my cartridge was hacked and I could use any power-up as much as I wanted), so without cheatts it would be 1.

Crash Bandicoot 2 was my first in PS1.

Mortal Kombat 1 or 3, I don't remember exactly, which I played first...I know for sure that Mortal Kombat 3 was easier to beat, because Shao Kahn was a noob:p...

PS: never managed to beat MK2 though:s...Kintarou was insane:arf
I actually found MK2 easier than 1, I just spammed fire balls and flying kicks with Liu Kang :XD

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
MK2 was pretty easy, but only against the regular fighters...Kintarou was impossible to defeat though at least for me...he always came back in a flurry of hits that I could do nothing against...:/

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Probably double dragon on master system in coop with my cousin. It came out in 1990 ...

g0dzax

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
It must have been mario...on an old Super Nintendo I think...though I am not sure,it was a loooooooooooooong time ago...but definetely mario.The classic one.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Crash Bandicoot 3.

My childhood there.
or IIRC, Spider-Man for the PS1.

Last edited by a moderator: