Shounen - Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chapter 296 SCAN
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes, also because Fire Force's Soul Resonance has nothing to do with that of Soul Eater.
Well, weapons don't exist yet in Fire Force (other than Excalibur, who was actually the first and only weapon in Soul Eater, before Arachne learned how to create weapons from Lord Deaths research), which can explain why their Soul Resonance is slightly different.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also this goes beyond referencing things, like you could get away with saying the moon was a reference but Excalibur, Souls and Soul Resonance? These are signature elements of Soul Eater, which was an already successful series, simply copying them without reason would just make the writing look bad.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Also this goes beyond referencing things, like you could get away with saying the moon was a reference but Excalibur, Souls and Soul Resonance? These are signature elements of Soul Eater, which was an already successful series, simply copying them without reason would just make the writing look bad.
Considering that the author is the same ...

However no, they only have the name in common.

The SR in Soul Eater is a kind of bankai, here it's more of a fusion.

Then, it is possible, but IMHO, that would be a pretty bad thing.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

MavisPurrillion

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
And that’s all folks! Spoilers Ahead, hope I tagged them right.
I found the ending a little werid, but then making it too be a pre soul eater is kind of odd. Also if it’s pequal then King Arthur was just the stupid Arthur..
I need to reread it to get the flow of it cause right now the flow is a bit off.
also I thought Fire Force was supposed to be his last series.. I guess not.

Hopefully I tagged my spoilers right.

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
also I thought Fire Force was supposed to be his last series.. I guess not.
Ohkubo already showed on Twitter that he's packed up his studio and we've seen him say that he's 'passing the baton' to his 'successor' (one of his assistants recently had her new manga serialised, it's called Gachi Akuta) so it seemed pretty clear that this was the end.

I think maybe the editors want Ohkubo to stay and make more (that's why the editors note says look forward to his next manga) but he doesn't have any interest right now in making the next story (which he said he already has an idea of).

Personally I'm hoping that he'll make a return a few years down the line from now.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
And so it ends. Overall, I guess I'm good with the final battle/ending. I liked the 1st half of the fight, Shinra's mom reveal, Arthur-Shinra moment, Shinra recreating the world(Vulcan inspiration was a nice touch and the general reactions from the revvial lol), and Charon-Haumea reunion. Wasn't big on the 3 eye fusion Evangelist and ofc Inca coming back :errr, tho the dialogue was funny. Can't comment on Soul Eater, haven't seen that but maybe I should.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought my friend was joking when he told me what happen, but upon reading it, it's kind of wild. It's not bad as a prequel to Soul Eater, and overall, the ending was pretty good to set up what it had to set up. Only flaw is the amount of time, but I suppose nothing says the future has to be futuristic. I liked Shinra's arc, and I guess Inca fits as a witch with her destructive behavior.