Politics - Fidel Castro Temporarily hands over power to brother? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Politics Fidel Castro Temporarily hands over power to brother?

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm watching ABC and this banner comes up on the bottom of the screen and says "Fidel Castro has temporarily handed his power over to his brother, Raol Castro. This is the first time since 1959 that Fidel has not been in control of Cuba."

Anyone know what's going on? I'm severly interested.

La_Muerte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
its just for like a day, he had some inner blood problems or something

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ooooh. okay. I was just curious because I hadn't heard anything about Fidel lately and it caught me off gaurd. Certainly wasn't expecting to see a little sign popping up on my television. Thanks guys. <3

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is due to stress according to CNN source. I actually want to make a thread on this. XD Well then, I am all behind this man. A man who leads his country for 47 years should at least be respected considering how he managed to withstand and weathered international pressure on the ongoing problems in Cuba, mainly communism and illegal immigrants to US. Havana will still be one of the best place to hang out during holidays and Cuban cigar will still be the best but I truly hope that Fidel can last another few years. There's a Jose Marti Award for special people who had done something special, great or splendid to Cuba. If this surgeon/doctor can revivify Fidel Castro, I think that he should be awarded the award. XD Fidel, hang on there.

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe Fidel Castro knows that he doesn't have much time left in the world. It was something he said that was reported awhile back that is making me think this.