Feminism | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feminism

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Some women are transgender and feminism is about breaking gender norms. What counts as a woman? If feminism is for advancing women's rights on an equal playing field and gender is complex based on societal views than feminism isn't based on protecting female born women but also those than identify as such. It's a debate in feminism but more feminists are now supporting transgendered women. After all, to dismiss a transgendered women as a woman is to dismiss gender identification altogether.
Well, you know that isn't what I mean.

I just feel that if you wish to specifically discuss transgendered issues, then a different thread may be more profitable.

Not being a transgendered woman, I can not be sure what issues they do suffer from - but I am sure that issues like
- not being defined as the sex you associate with
or
- not being able to use the bathroom of your choice
or
- worrying about violence against transgendered individuals
or
- not being able to find a job because no employer wants to hire (what they percieve to be) a man dressed as a woman
or
- being talked about like you have a mental health issue

These kind of issues are not feminist issues (per se). They are specifically associateable to the issue of transgendered individuals.
In fact, many of the issues which feminism tries to deal with (such as pay disparancy, employment position, sexism as a whole...) aren't issues which transgendered individuals specifically are burdened with.

I think it's great that many feminists are supporting transgendered individuals (the world would be a hell of a lot better if there were less arseholes around), but again, I feel a different thread is necessary for this discussion.

If it is a topic you do wish to discuss, I can move all the posts from this thread to a new one and we can further discuss it there.

Reactions: M3J