Favourite Game Music | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favourite Game Music

Kolinsky

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ocarina of Time. Classic!

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm not going to be very original. When I think to music in video games, I think to final fantasy.

Final fantasy X-2: a 1000 words. Ok, the game wasn't that good for many but this cinematic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlQ9_7A-Hc is still awesome. The end of Final Fantasy 8 with "eyes on me" is also worth mentionning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_Did76LXQ).

Also from the ff series: the "terra's theme" from FF6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RPY-oiDAQ) & "you're not alone" from FF9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_Qqzs4cfk).

From other games: the whole game music from Metal gear solid (1 to 4) is extremely good.

Magnus

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm not going to be very original. When I think to music in video games, I think to final fantasy.

Final fantasy X-2: a 1000 words. Ok, the game wasn't that good for many but this cinematic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlQ9_7A-Hc is still awesome. The end of Final Fantasy 8 with "eyes on me" is also worth mentionning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_Did76LXQ).

Also from the ff series: the "terra's theme" from FF6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RPY-oiDAQ) & "you're not alone" from FF9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_Qqzs4cfk).

From other games: the whole game music from Metal gear solid (1 to 4) is extremely good.
And here I was thinking of posting some FF musics...
Screw originality, FF musics are beyond what a lot of other games can offer.

"You're not alone" is what made the best moment in FFIX for me. Not changing this song while in battle was a perfect choice.

Here are some that hold a special place in my heart :

- Celes's Theme. Just listen ot it...

- Searching for friends. Surely one of the best overworld themes ever made. Catches the epic feeling of "let's go on a travel !" and succeds in not being far too below Terra's theme.

- Rose of May. Somehow FFIX managed to have an OST nearly as good as FFVI's.

- Another piecemaster from Uematsu is FFIV's Battle theme. It definitely defines what good music is : inspiring melodies that are easy to remember. More than the intensity of battle, this one is also somewhat "sad" for me.

HaiSuShi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Starcraft 1! Big times. Especially the Terran soundtrack (each race has it's own soundtrack: Terran, Zerg, Protoss) is really famous even for beeing one of the coolest soundtracks ever.
Yeah, Starcraft 1 was epic! Good old times, I always played Blizzards games like Diablo, SC and WC.

I would probably go with the Gothic series and The Witcher here...I just love the medieval, epic feeling of such songs
Same here, the Gothic series and its music is definitely one of my absolute favorites.

...Edit: Oh, and Minecraft's C418 is pretty much a genius.
I absolutely agree with you about C418, Minecrafts music is so relaxing and epic, inspiring you to explore the world.

Nobody said anything about the Touhou series?
It's a shame, isn't it?:p

Here are some of my favorite touhou themes:

But to be honest, I like almost EVERY theme in the entire series.

----------------------------

To include some of my own favs:
More or less FFX's entire soundtrack, but especially
-A Fleeting Dream (because it never stops, even in battle, and suits the mood so extremely well)
-To Zanarkand .:wtf
But I also like FF soundtracks in general.

Last edited:

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
damn, I don't why, I don't play ragnarok but I love this ost, it brings me good and feelings of warmth.
Thanks to whoever that posted it in this thread first :XD

Last edited by a moderator:

BoboTheSpacemonkey

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands

KaitouYahiko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh man, favorite video game music? That's a hard one. There are so many games with awesome music. I'll just list a bunch.... Pretty much any Zelda game (Personal favorites are Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks), Persona 3, and 4 had very epic music, Okami has beautiful music, then there's the .hack//G.U. series with it's wide variety of music, and while not well known, I kinda like the music from the Rune Factory series as well. Harvest Moon also has some notable songs.... fsfkjkf;djdkl;a Too, much, awesome, music.

EDIT: I forgot the Tales series too. ^_^;

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm a huge fan of the music featured in Castlevania games, especially the one used for SOTN.Other than that, I really like the music in Okami, Odin Sphere and SOTC.

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anything in the Square Enix games, especially Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Love the compositions for the instrumental theme songs, they're absolutely beautifully created and really melt the heart; well, that's for the subtle and depressing sounding ones XD Regardless, the musical stylings for those games are lovely to listen to on a daily basis (:

joshua019

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
crusader kings 2 theme song!

Sonia Khan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Moonlight Shadows and A Travel Diary from Soul Edge

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to say tenchu music always got stuck in my head to point were I ended up liking it.

Ai Nanasaki

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I love a great deal of video game OSTs, but my top favorites would have to be the Kingdom Hearts series (as a whole) and Persona 4. Both of them have amazing combat tracks as well as several neat ambient ones.

They're followed by Aquaria (which has so many great mellow and soothing atmospheric songs) and the Mass Effect series, which has everything from absolutely epic to subtly ambient as well as eerie.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Holy crap, I hadn't noticed this thread. Gonna make it my own, if that doesn't bother anyone :cookiehand

Like 30 % of the music I have in my pc has appeared in a game (that including games like FIFA, PES, SSX, Tony Hawk, GTA, you know...) and I have to say that some of my favs come there, and I have playlists just for games. Without naming "usual songs" that appear in videogames ( just We Will Rock You, Winning Eleven 6, was my fav song for years).

Now let's start with the OST stuff:

This one is from Shadow of the Collosus, I find myself humming it now and then, without even noticing it:

Another song that I usually hum... kinda obvious for this thread but wtv:

Aaaaaand another one that I hum, my fav from the Zelda franchise (no, it's not the song of Healing)

From barely known game that I love:

This is the best song ever, I swear :oh

From my favourite franchise ever:

One of the great songs in RDR

Songs of Megaman X, as a franchise... there are a lot so be warned:

Every song in Megaman X is awesome btw

:oh

I could go on with X1, even the intro level has great music

4 from Phoenix Wright, simply love it (there are even orchestra covers for them in youtube) there might be spoilers in the images of the videos... you're warned:

and my fav

...I'm into every genre

Jeez, I could go on forever. Gonna leave it there... for now :sweatdrop

Solanin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Still Alive from Portal

<3 GLaDOS

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ico - Castle in The Mist ( Michiru Oshima and Koichi Yamazaki )

Baten Kaitos, origins - Le Ali Del Principio (Motoi Sakuraba)

Xenosaga II - Lamentation (Yuki Kajiura )

Morrowind - Nerevar Rising (J. Soule)

Suikoden II - Reminiscence (Miki Higashino)

moniker

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Right before the Final Boss Battle in Yakuza 3 where I'm inside the Millenium Tower trying to get rid numbers of Yakuza underlings, there was this epic instrumental playing. I haven't found the exact title of it but holysheet it was awesome.

Also, Metal Slug series' OSTs. \m/ ♥

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Video Game Music/OST's

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Video Game Music/OST's

---------- Post added November 11, 2015 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was November 09, 2015 at 11:08 AM ----------

Just thought I'd share this fun remix of the Crash Bandicoot theme that I found while browsing the youtubes.