Favorites - Favorite fights | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite fights

blackpepper16

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@blackpepper16 - edit your post/quote

I find things I disagree with and also agree with what you say. However, S3 has been ongoing long enough that even though it is not complete it has plenty of fights to draw from. The reporting here speaks for itself though - it doesn't really register on many people's 'best fights' lists.
i feel like there arent many straight up 1v1s in season 3. many fights are interrupted by some random character coming out of the woodwork. there was not singl battle that had a conclusion in the cage, except yama vs random fug messenger and jordan vs starbucks guy. in fact this is just the overall crux of season 3 nothing comes to a conclusion right before the finale something or someone just appears to provide us with a "twist' which is not needed.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i feel like there arent many straight up 1v1s in season 3. many fights are interrupted by some random character coming out of the woodwork. there was not singl battle that had a conclusion in the cage, except yama vs random fug messenger and jordan vs starbucks guy. in fact this is just the overall crux of season 3 nothing comes to a conclusion right before the finale something or someone just appears to provide us with a "twist' which is not needed.
Well, that's certainly not the case for *every* S3 fight.

But what you've done is highlight one of the complaints many, myself included, have had about S3 - not many 'clean' fights. A trend that started and really accelerated in late S2. There's always some third party involvement or extenuating circumstance (leaving the Eagle Owl at home being forever classic) to not be able to draw a clean distinction between the winner and the loser. Or rather who is more powerful all things being otherwise equal. Say nothing of the confusing perspectives or pew-pew laser artwork (or digital sky backgrounds... or the the lack thereof!). Or facial symmetry. I digress.

Still, that's only 'important' when it comes to power scaling - which many are put off the thought of at this point or even ever. SIU has also stopped even giving proper intros - complete with rank. He's been very noncommittal for a while now.

This is all ancillary though. There is no need to arbitrarily limit things to a 1 v 1 fight only. Some of the previous answers include more than one combatant. A fight, no matter however many involved, is still a fight.

For instance - I don't know anyone that wouldn't categorize Ha Jinsung vs Kallavan as a fight. Even considering the incomplete and unresolved feel when Mas shows up to hit HJ from behind. Still a fight.

As such, there's plenty of material to consider a fight. Just none are seen as favorites it seems. For the reasons you mentioned or otherwise (less intelligence or skill in how fights are conducted being a complaint I've seen expressed, for instance).

blackpepper16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, that's certainly not the case for *every* S3 fight.

But what you've done is highlight one of the complaints many, myself included, have had about S3 - not many 'clean' fights. A trend that started and really accelerated in late S2. There's always some third party involvement or extenuating circumstance (leaving the Eagle Owl at home being forever classic) to not be able to draw a clean distinction between the winner and the loser. Or rather who is more powerful all things being otherwise equal. Say nothing of the confusing perspectives or pew-pew laser artwork (or digital sky backgrounds... or the the lack thereof!). Or facial symmetry. I digress.

Still, that's only 'important' when it comes to power scaling - which many are put off the thought of at this point or even ever. SIU has also stopped even giving proper intros - complete with rank. He's been very noncommittal for a while now.

This is all ancillary though. There is no need to arbitrarily limit things to a 1 v 1 fight only. Some of the previous answers include more than one combatant. A fight, no matter however many involved, is still a fight.

For instance - I don't know anyone that wouldn't categorize Ha Jinsung vs Kallavan as a fight. Even considering the incomplete and unresolved feel when Mas shows up to hit HJ from behind. Still a fight.

As such, there's plenty of material to consider a fight. Just none are seen as favorites it seems. For the reasons you mentioned or otherwise (less intelligence or skill in how fights are conducted being a complaint I've seen expressed, for instance).
i agree, but as i said earlier i think the fights as of late have begun to revert back to how they were in the beginning while also being able to show the scale of the opponents being rankers in comparison to regulars. for instance the recent baam vs ren/ring fight and yuri vs tiara is one of the best fights done in a while. even at the end of the nest with baam vs holan i think we have seen more of a reversion to martial arts. but i think there is a persistent problem with how siu will deal with wave controllers and spear bearers. the essences of their abilities are essentially pew pew beam fights.
because at the end of the day with everything baam has is he strictly just a wave controller now.

Prince of the RL District

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Jinsung vs Kallavan is highly underrated, surprised no one mentioned it. Not a beam fest but just straight up old school hand 2 hand combat. The fight was quick too, I loved it!

Rak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
More so than "the favorite fight", I would prefer "the favorite game".

Koon Kiseia

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
1. Eduan vs Zahard
2. Yuri vs Tiara
3. Baam vs Zahard
4. Inieta vs Ran
5. Ran vs Anaak

6. Evankhell vs corps
7. Evankhell vs WGW
8. Yas vs Yama
9. Yuri vs Karaka
10. Akryung vs Baam
11. Lyborick vs Kallavan
12. Hatz vs Yas' underling, HR that sits in chair

13. Kiseia vs Aguero (khun)
14. Elaine vs Baam
15. Alphin vs Baam n Aguero
16. Hatz vs Shilial
17. Yihwa vs a mad dog's partner
18. Lilial vs Andros
19. Hatz vs Aguero

Number 1-5 are best to explain how fights of great families works, especially anaak n ran as during gambling there's some explanation also lightning pill info and the first fight worth (yuri vs ren in s2 just one sided, too easy)
Number 6-12 just random with unique note like Akryung revealed eyes color, yama transform and so on. 13-19 are fights shown potentials of some 10GF descendants

blackpepper16

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Eduan vs Zahard
2. Yuri vs Tiara
yuri vs tiara had the makings of something that could have been very special but was yet again another fight interrupted by a bunch of bullshit

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mine Top 5 would be

1. Viole Vs Data Jahad (it's obvious)
2. Ha Jinsung Vs Kallavan (always wanted to see how jinsung fights and that was a proper HR fight for me)
3. RKB Vs Reflejo (the only time OG team fought as together, it's close to my heart)
4. Lo Po Bia Traumerai Vs Poe Bidau Gustang (if AA hadn't intervened this could be top 2 especially seeing a FL Vs FL)
5. Viole Vs Elaine (the only time viole fought hard against a regular of same caliber, never before, never again)

Mine bottom 5 would be

1. Endorsi Jahad Vs Rachel with sting ray (both should have died)
2. Viole Vs Lilial Jahad (nothing to say just hate this fight)
3. Ha Jinsung Vs Poe Bidau Dumas (should have one shot jinsung)
4. Every cha fights
5. Lo Po Bia Robadon Vs Poe Bidau Hugo (thought it would be a good fight especially with the hype they had prior to the fight)

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Imagine forgetting RKB against Daleet :fan .
Cause of many reasons. The stakes were high Vs Reflejo. They had just reunited and everyone's power were almost equal until viole didn't use thorn. Vs daleet we see sweetfish and my mood goes down

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I'm a simple man. Just give me Baam stomping on plebs and I'm content. No need to make it competitive or epic.

Big-Bird

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
Pudidy vs Jinsung
Baam vs White
Elaine vs Baam
Baam vs Ren
Jinsung vs Kallavan
5. Lo Po Bia Robadon Vs Poe Bidau Hugo (thought it would be a good fight especially with the hype they had prior to the fight)
The hype before was that if she faced Rob she would commit suicide:yodawg
her vice-captain and she knew it