Society - Facebook privacy issues....Do you feel like "Big Brother" is watching you? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Society Facebook privacy issues....Do you feel like "Big Brother" is watching you?

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Companies have an interest in your information because they make money off of it. Personally-speaking, the usage of data should not even be incurred at all because abuses of it are too dangerous and big to ignore. The worse part though is that what info companies such as Google and Facebook collect is forwarded towards Uncle Sam. Every e-mail/text/post/web search/phone call/etc. you make is forever recorded in a government database. It's a gross violation of civil rights (goodbye 4th Amendment!) on top of wreaking of totalitarianism.

Surprisingly, the USA has one of the worse records when it comes to bullying companies for info. Then again it isn't a surprise when one considers how a good chunk of the US political elite despises democracy.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
you know, i decided a while back when facebook started suggesting a bunch of people to me, and sharing stuff i wanted private, and one of my ex GFs was stalking me

that facebook was too intrusive, and not only that , they do not let you "delete" your account, you can only deactivate it

hey facebook ITS MY FUCKING ACCOUNT

so why can i not delete it?

sorry facebook is NOT for kisame

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I guess you could just delete everything on it pics/posts/tags/likes. It's easier that way, if you cannot deactivate it and change the name of the account as well and the email that's linked to it.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Facebook does have a delete option as well as the deactivation. Here if anyone is interested. It is not generally as well known though because its hidden sneakily away.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
that facebook was too intrusive, and not only that , they do not let you "delete" your account, you can only deactivate it

hey facebook ITS MY FUCKING ACCOUNT

so why can i not delete it?
I hate to be that guy but it's not really "your" account. As in, it's not actually your property. You make an account on Facebook's website. It's unnervingly deceiving but unsurprising in every way. They are easily the most intrusive website ever but you did choose to sign up. They only know what you let them know.