Art - [Ending Spoilers] I Wrote An Extended/Alternate Ending - After Neverland | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Art [Ending Spoilers] I Wrote An Extended/Alternate Ending - After Neverland

EternalSushi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
[ENDING SPOILERS]

'In chapter 181, she didn’t agree to stay.

Instead, she ran.

An extended, more detailed alternative take on the canonical ending, exploring how they slowly and realistically rekindle their bond in the new world. We will address several themes that the ending did not, and let some characters play a more important role in her recovery.'

I've definitely noticed the amount of frustration a lot of readers have regarding the ending of 181. I made a post a while back on another site, offering to write my own take on the rushed ending (note: I think Emma losing her memory was a great decision - the ending just happened too quickly and too abruptly, so i'd like to fix it). After a week of hard work (and rigorous proofreading), the first chapter out of two is now completely! Many new things are addressed, and there's going to be more in chapter two.

Hope you enjoy, and if you were not satisfied with how it ended, hope this makes you feel better about the ending. Have a good day!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I decided to give Gramps a way bigger role in this ending; figured that it’d tie in nicely. On top of that, I've always found Emma’s instant willingness to rejoin the family to be a bit too sudden and unrealistic (unfortunately Shirai had to rush it). By making her run away, I could extend the mini-arc a bit more and draw things out, allowing for more dialogue and more heartfelt moments.

That’s not everything that I’d like to address, though. In the next chapter, Ray and Norman argue about what to tell Emma and how much they should say. A bit of survivor’s guilt resurfaces. It’ll be at a different location - somewhere in town, modern. The rest of the family might also make an appearance for the final ending!

It’s a shame that the ending was slightly rushed, but I personally believe that the memory loss sacrifice was essentially the best decision regarding Emma’s fate - killing her would not have been so bittersweet. I enjoyed TPN through and through, and I hope you did as well! If this makes you feel better about the canonical ending, then i'd consider this a success.

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think of my take so far!

Eh i like the idea to focuse more on the old man, i felt too that it was weird we didnt see him interacting with the kids, or talking to Emma, last chapter. Also i would have loved to learn more about his story, and maybe there could be some potential connections, he somehow looked like a ratri. i like the idea an alternate ending. :nod

I regret too having no explanation about the fact Norman looks like a ratri, too, and the scientifical experiences parts.

deyna

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
[ENDING SPOILERS]

'In chapter 181, she didn’t agree to stay.

Instead, she ran.

An extended, more detailed alternative take on the canonical ending, exploring how they slowly and realistically rekindle their bond in the new world. We will address several themes that the ending did not, and let some characters play a more important role in her recovery.'

I've definitely noticed the amount of frustration a lot of readers have regarding the ending of 181. I made a post a while back on another site, offering to write my own take on the rushed ending (note: I think Emma losing her memory was a great decision - the ending just happened too quickly and too abruptly, so i'd like to fix it). After a week of hard work (and rigorous proofreading), the first chapter out of two is now completely! Many new things are addressed, and there's going to be more in chapter two.

Hope you enjoy, and if you were not satisfied with how it ended, hope this makes you feel better about the ending. Have a good day!

any more continuation?