Games - Elden Ring | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Elden Ring

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, that's him. What a dirty dirty bastard he is. Going to have to "git good" once more.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice!

I'm almost there. I've finally found what I need to throw magic around. Which took quite a while. My intention was to play like a Int/dex wizard. It took me forever to find to a staff so I was pretty hamstrung until i got that taken care of. Now I can bombard enemies and enchant my sword and all kinds of cool stuff.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Had to actually get one from a boss of all things. What I wouldn't have given for the vendor to sell a crappy staff.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Lol, I beat Margit then I found a boss even harder than him. I won't spoil the name but you can find him this way :

If you look at the map, where you encounter Margit, there should be a black circle just a little southeast of there. It's an evergaol. The boss there is wrecking me atm, seems to be a bad matchup for melee only builds.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I beat Margit a few days ago. He wasn't so bad now that I have more wizard stuff to play with. When I realized I could use summons to distract bosses things got a whole lot easier.

Ended up abandoning my int/dex building for now. Mainly because I got some laser sword spell that is better than any melee weapon I could have. So it feels like it makes more sense to just go full wizard. I'm very squishy but everything just melts. It sort of caps how far my character can go without a rest since without magic he's kind of helpless but the game seems built where it's still pretty viable to do that.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
I beat Margit a few days ago. He wasn't so bad now that I have more wizard stuff to play with. When I realized I could use summons to distract bosses things got a whole lot easier.

Ended up abandoning my int/dex building for now. Mainly because I got some laser sword spell that is better than any melee weapon I could have. So it feels like it makes more sense to just go full wizard. I'm very squishy but everything just melts. It sort of caps how far my character can go without a rest since without magic he's kind of helpless but the game seems built where it's still pretty viable to do that.
I'm in Liurnia atm. Beat the major boss of Limgrave rather recently and let me tell you, it's one hell of an epic boss battle.

I'm also considering respeccing later down the line since some of the spells in this game look freaking sick. I don't even care about damage much since it doesn't matter significantly in PVE but their animations are so slick.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I just beat Godfried too. He was tough. Not impervious to magical rocks though. I made very sure of that.

Most spell damage is really high honestly but yeah it's mostly just fun to use. A lot of it is satisfyingly powerful.

So played a good bit more. I'm like level 48 or something along those lines. Currently at the second major boss but have mostly been clearing the world stuff. I've killed a LOT of sub-bosses. Searching for spells and equipment mostly. Which I have quite a lot of now.

Though I've seen a lot about magic being OP. I'm not sure that it is. At least not as far as I am. It's mostly burst damage and very impressive burst damage. But to achieve it you have to really focus stats on intelligence and mind in a way that leaves all other stats dangerously low. At least the way I've done my build. So it's a very sharp double edged sword.

To add to this. You often encounter bosses for the first time after going through a series of combat in encounters and if you run out of FP and potions to restore it with... you are screwed.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've got 25 hours in Elden Ring now and I'm loving it!!!

I've explored a lot, hit level 67, and I've managed to take down a few bosses first try like the Tree Sentinel, Godrick, and a big fuck off Magma Wyrm to name a few 👀

Definitely feel like Elden Ring wants you to be more aggressive in your approach compared to the Souls game which fits me well, I just tend to go too Unga Bunga and end up jumping at enemies one too many times 😂

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was delayed a bit because I hit some performance problems around Dragon Barrow (if you know where that is). My CPU was highly displeased with that area when it rained, which it always does. Decided it was time to upgrade my PC. So I spent a couple weeks doing that (thanks to a CPU shipping SNAFU). Just started getting back in the swing of things last week.

Last night I took out Radahn, my second of the big bad bosses. I did it as part of the Ranni quest line. Which was a really cool fight and sequence. Not too hard for my type of character (Wizard). Just fun.

The buff to spells has made a huge difference in switching up viable ways to play wizard for me. Two spells in particular that were made hugely more useful are the Glintstone Cometshard and Glintstone Blade. I tend to use Glintstone Cometshard to take out stronger mob types and Glintstone Blade to take down bosses. Cometshard just does a ton of damage at reasonable mana cost. Glintstone Blade the delay allows you to chain cast a bunch then evade whatever the boss is doing. They usually don't even dodge it. And as an added bonus you don't have to face the target you want them to attack so you can kite things really well with it.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm at 60 hours or so and am in Altus/Gelmir. I started the game quite late despite preordering due to the performance problems, so I decided to give it a few patches. I tend to play open world games on the more completionist side and I'm not rushing through the game playing long hours every day, backtracking a bit, etc.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, finally started playing the game. Went with the warrior mostly because it had scimitars which resembled the twinblades in DS3, which I used in my last run.

Loving the game and exploration so far. I am a bit stuck buildwise. I wanted to go quality to maximize the amount of weapons I can use but going by roughly read guides online (I didn't want to spoil to much) it seems like that comes at the expense of almost significant damage. If I am getting this right elden ring in turn encourages hybrid builds though I am not sure of how to go about that. Int, faith? Still no idea of what arcane is. I suppose the lack of damage from going quality wouldn't matter much outside of pvp and the flexibility of many weapons would still benefit pve? Though in that case I would definitely have to forego any form of magic for a decent while.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
As somebody who played mostly as an sorcerer(INT caster). That works. I'm not sure I'd recommend it though. Incantations (Faith spells) seem more versatile and complex gameplaywise. Sorcery (Int spells) are more effective at ranged damage.

Like for example, Sorcery's can probably out damage Faith for the same point investment. But that's kind of all it does. Whatever the question, a sorcerers answer is raw damage.

With Faith you can heal things you summon. So you can legitimately fight bosses as a summoner. Or the classic fireball stuff. Or if you go faith with a little bit of arcane you can us dragon abilities. Or buff your weapon with poison or other DOT effects, which do percent damage even on bosses (DOT usually scales off of arcane I think)

Whatever you do you're going to need vigor though. That's pretty much a requirement. How much varies but, while it isn't the most attractive stat, without it your just boned.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As somebody who played mostly as an sorcerer(INT caster). That works. I'm not sure I'd recommend it though. Incantations (Faith spells) seem more versatile and complex gameplaywise. Sorcery (Int spells) are more effective at ranged damage.

Like for example, Sorcery's can probably out damage Faith for the same point investment. But that's kind of all it does. Whatever the question, a sorcerers answer is raw damage.

With Faith you can heal things you summon. So you can legitimately fight bosses as a summoner. Or the classic fireball stuff. Or if you go faith with a little bit of arcane you can us dragon abilities. Or buff your weapon with poison or other DOT effects, which do percent damage even on bosses (DOT usually scales off of arcane I think)

Whatever you do you're going to need vigor though. That's pretty much a requirement. How much varies but, while it isn't the most attractive stat, without it your just boned.
So, for hybrid builds faith would theoretically be better than sorceries? Would you say a hybrid build is more effective than a focused build?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, for hybrid builds faith would theoretically be better than sorceries? Would you say a hybrid build is more effective than a focused build?
It's really hard to answer that. You'd be better a certain things worse at others.

For example, as a pure sorcerer to get the best spell in the game you need 60 Int. If you see videos of people oneshotting bosses and declaring magic OP. That's the spell(and some specific buffs) they're using to do it. When it comes to pure damage you can't beat that spell combo. But in order to get that much Int. You need to obviously invest a lot in that stat. Realistically your not getting that thing until like level 80+ even if you go pure sorcerer. But once you're there you can annihilate pretty much anything. In terms of being effective you can't beat that.

However if a boss fight starts you in like a small room with a melee opponent. Your tools to respond to that situation are limited.

There is no level cap so you can theoretically max everything if you want to. But if your looking for a recommendation I'd say focused builds will be stronger earlier than hybrids.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
If I am getting this right elden ring in turn encourages hybrid builds though I am not sure of how to go about that. Int, faith? Still no idea of what arcane is.
Arcane is pretty good. Some sorceries and incantations scale with it (Dragon spells) and require Arcane investment and there are some weapons and damage that scales off of it, mainly builds focused on bleed. It was bugged at first so Arcane builds weren't very popular initially but they fixed it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Arcane is pretty good. Some sorceries and incantations scale with it (Dragon spells) and require Arcane investment and there are some weapons and damage that scales off of it, mainly builds focused on bleed. It was bugged at first so Arcane builds weren't very popular initially but they fixed it.
Ah, I read about a build suggesting DEx-arc but at the time I didn't quite understood it. Specifically using a blood of war to give weapons bleeding damage... Id didn't look more into it because it said it would be ineffective against heavily armored enemies but I suppose if I can use arcane magic with it it'd compensate somewhat.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ah, I read about a build suggesting DEx-arc but at the time I didn't quite understood it. Specifically using a blood of war to give weapons bleeding damage... Id didn't look more into it because it said it would be ineffective against heavily armored enemies but I suppose if I can use arcane magic with it it'd compensate somewhat.
I've also seen builds emphasizing using weapons with bleed buildup on them innately, so you can use a different weapon art for the kind of situation you're mentioning

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I've also seen builds emphasizing using weapons with bleed buildup on them innately, so you can use a different weapon art for the kind of situation you're mentioning
Ah, yeah, checked the build I mentioned but it wasn't geared towards arcane spells but specifically the bleed damage. And arcane spells also require varying amounts of faith. So a dex build that would hypothetically use arcane spells would end up throwing a lot of points at faith anyways. Maybe it's possible at very high levels but that's quite far away from me for now.