Discussion - Easy Manga to Practice Translating | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Easy Manga to Practice Translating

Syphilias

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Easy/Baby Manga to practise

Well my point was that the person wanted a game which he/she enjoyed to practice reading. He/she probably has used learning software, and while they are great for learning, are not as fun as playing the games you love.

Just like reading manga, playing video games to practice your reading is a great thing to do. I've been playing dragon quest 1, 3, and 4, and various pokemon titles. These games are GREAT for reading practice because they offer REPEATED SCROLLING TEXT, especially in dragon quest.

I actually think that dragon quest was a secret ploy by Japan's government to improve literacy. Why else do you think you need to fight so many battles? It's a reading software, not a game, LMAO!

missingno

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Manga to Translate :)

Hello :)
i'm new here and i'm looking for some manga to translate. I have been learning japanese for a few years but my vocabulary and kanji need improving via practice!

Does anyone have any suggestions of an easy-ish manga to start on?

Thanks

aegon-rokudo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Manga to Translate :)

Pick a manga that you like. If you like it, you will be more willing to translate it. Obviously don't pick wall of text such as bakuman, but a manga with a certain amount of action