Seinen - Dungeon Meshi | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Dungeon Meshi

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some spoilers are out.

Looks like our group accidently walks past a Cockatrice nest and Marcille tries to do it the Laius way by appearing big and loud but nearly gets eaten by the Snake. Not quite sure why but she become petrified maybe because of poison. She ends in a funny but unsafe to transport pose because she is pissed at her friends shortly before her whole body becomes stone.
Laius tries out the priest spells to de-petrify Marcille. Lots of ear touching btw. Which also has a scene where Marcille slaps Laius because he touched her ear trying to heal it. XD

Man, I wish this was weekly.
Or that it had an anime already~
Or that more people talk about it here. <<

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
TFW Marcille will never teach you Magic... :feelsbadman

Fun chapter. I wonder when they will meet the other group and Sureau.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ponytail Marcille :hearts. I thought I could not love her even more.

More world building and a meeting with Sureau and Kabru. Very curious to see how Laius will deal with him.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I love how Laius jumped around all bound up like an overjoyed puppy. And then his "you look good, Sureau" while Sureau looked like dead inside. XD
DAMN! Farlyn's new form is horrible! I get FMA vibes from this! No wonder Sureau was so pissed, if he and Laius see Farlyn looking like this, a monster made slave to this dungeon....damn, I doubt Marcille would be able to keep up her "magic is not good or evil" talk. I guess this means Laius and co won't leave the dungeon now that they got support from Sureau's group, if he can forgive them for what they did to Farlyn. And Kabru won't leave them either for now, that much is for sure.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Farlyn... :sad

Pleasantly(?) surprised by Jabru's first reaction. I thought he would directly antagonize Laius's party but he has been quite reasonable.

Who knows what he might do now that he learned that they used the Dark Arts though. I am sure Sureau will accept and support Laius but it's Maizuru's decision of the cook which will matter the most since she is here to keep watch.
Farlyn becomes a Dragon-Cockatrice and Laius's first reaction is to praise her looks... Amazing. But it's true that she is cute :heh.

At this point I would be fine with Farlyn dying but it'll probably not be that simple.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn, this has gotten so dark...

Where are my hilarious fantasy gourmet scenes and horrified Marcille reactions? I hope they have to cook up more bizzare stuff soon. It's been too long.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you think they could cook and eat Farlyn? It's crazy but I can see it.
I wouldn't put it past them either.

But I'm hoping they go in a direction where they have to hunt down some crazy ingredients to "cure" her kind of deal. The last few chapters have been leaning very much in a horror direction and I don't really think that's where this series is at it's best. The funny adventures and dungeon gourmet stuff needs to be the focus, IMO.

I mean, even if Farlyn's dead won't Marcille just bring her back again?

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 38 is out.

Farlyn leaves and Team Laius have a new goal, all alone again.

That fight with Sureau was very satisfying, I don't dislike the guy but while he was bashing him it's as if he had forgotten she has his dear sister. That story about the Mad Sorcerer is getting more interesting. Lot of Marcille bullying in this chapter.

Y u m a

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Wow this manga was very interesting. I started reading it thanks to the first post, and I was not disappointed.

I love the relaxed vibe from the first chapter, but I also like that the story is expanding. Especially that we have two (at least) potential antagonists. I don't feel the elf is actually evil—the faces he make sometimes are creepy, though. The guy from the other party seems more dangerous in a way.

PS. Anyone else was inspired to eat more healthy after reading this? :P

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It didn't really influence me this way but I don't think my diet is unhealthy :XD. I am not sure their diet is healthy with all these monsters they eat, but Senshi probably pays attention to that.

Y u m a

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Haha I don't pay much attention to the recipes, but the time when Laius was telling Sureau that he eats balanced meals and get enough sleep and that's why he could win got me reminded that I don't do either xD… And I just remembered the time when Laius ate a parasite... so, like you said, eating wild monsters certainly has its drawbacks.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 39 is out.

A very good one, it was funny to look at the differences and try to guess whose mind the Shapeshifters read.

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Chapter 39 is out.

A very good one, it was funny to look at the differences and try to guess whose mind the Shapeshifters read.
Since they have three identical Marcilles now... can I have one of them?... I will take even the one with the childish scribbles in her spellbook...

Marcille is the only elf I would want in my party... And not just because of her cuteness... I love her character too. Everything about her is great!

(eh! is it by chance that Marcille is the only party member whose appearance has been prefectly memorized by almost all the male party members? I don't think so!)

Haha I don't pay much attention to the recipes, but the time when Laius was telling Sureau that he eats balanced meals and get enough sleep and that's why he could win got me reminded that I don't do either xD… And I just remembered the time when Laius ate a parasite... so, like you said, eating wild monsters certainly has its drawbacks.
Dude, that has nothing to do with eating monsters... Laius ATE A GUT PARASITE! A RAW GUT PARASITE, ON TOP OF THAT! That's SO stupid and repulsive! Normal, real animals have parasites that can mess you up way worse than Laius was!

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Marcille!! :hearts

Awesome Laius is awesome. Found out who were the fakes and deduced there was a beast. Fake Senshi was the easiest one.

Good comedy as well. The girl at the end is one of their preious companions, right?

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Mmm... interesting... Lots of world building here...

Kaius is weird... he goes from being perceptive and cunning to behaving like he has some kind of personality disorer and back...

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A new member joints the party! Laius is incredibly entertaining :XD. I loved how Senshi convinced Izutsumi to act properly, it's not often that we see him angry.

In the end she'll have to get used to eat monsters :D. Since she is a ninja she should work well with Chilchack.

I laughed at the panel with Sureau in seiza on a chair :lmao.
Nightmares are monsters? It means you can eat them! Hopefully we'll see some of Senshi's past in this floor.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Izutsumi is getting closer to the others :^_^. This chapter had a bit of everything.

Poor Laius couldn't enjoy the view :XD.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So many great one liners in this chapter.:XD

"At least let me count her nipples"
"You helmet actually comes off?!"

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Slowly but surely Izutsumi is being converted :hee. She doesn't have the choice anyway.
So when Kabru said he was curious about the Thorden, it was to test them to see if they were true adventurers. The panel with he saying that Laius is just obsessed with monsters was my favorite :lmao. It'll be interesting to see him dealing with these Elves. He usually manages to fool people with his brain but it will be more complicated this time.

Laius can see dead spirits now. Despite what happened on the lat page I don't think the party will be led to a dangerous place.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't wait to see those elves eat something weird. It's 1000% going to happen and I cannot wait for it.:XD

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I love those elven designs. <3
So many different faces and bodies, with scars and missing ears, with tattoos and with piercings, with clear elven mode aka covering your neck with a piece of cloth; no giantic tits with huge ass with barely any clothes on elves, but elves who really feel like their own people and not like a sex fantasy. <3

I really want this to get an anime someday...