Discussion - Dragon Gods | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Dragon Gods

Who is your favorite Dragon God?

• Total voters

Hexbend

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I was rewatching a bit of the Dragon Festival arc and I noticed this.

Apparently, the Eclipse gate which is powered using celestial spirit magic (which we already knew) went haywire because of the moon's current shape/position/cycle or whatever. And we know Selene is the Moon Dragon, which reminds me that Mercuphobia said she can manipulate stars as well but we haven't yet seen her doing that. The moon in Fairy Tail seems to have properties of being able to change how magic power behaves, both in Galuna Island arc with the moon drip and in the above as well, so could Selene also hypothetically affect magic power itself too? 🤔

Thoughts? @Kiki @WoWfan @grey matter @Kenneth Latorre @Jean Grey
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Hexbend @GL_Nova @Ramen @Seven777 @Axiomus
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Kurumi Tokisaki @Jko

Btw sorry for the mass pings. :p
You could say we already saw her effects in actions. With corrupting Alta Face, effecting Earthland by flexing magic, and disabling Faris' magic.

Her being a moon/stars dragon gives her these benefits, I think.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, I was rewatching a bit of the Dragon Festival arc and I noticed this.

Apparently, the Eclipse gate which is powered using celestial spirit magic (which we already knew) went haywire because of the moon's current shape/position/cycle or whatever. And we know Selene is the Moon Dragon, which reminds me that Mercuphobia said she can manipulate stars as well but we haven't yet seen her doing that. The moon in Fairy Tail seems to have properties of being able to change how magic power behaves, both in Galuna Island arc with the moon drip and in the above as well, so could Selene also hypothetically affect magic power itself too? 🤔

Thoughts? @Kiki @WoWfan @grey matter @Kenneth Latorre @Jean Grey
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Hexbend @GL_Nova @Ramen @Seven777 @Axiomus
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Kurumi Tokisaki @Jko

Btw sorry for the mass pings. :p
Wait,you really think Hiro remembers what happened in Dragon Invasion Arc?Pretty sure he already forgot what happened in Elentir

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Could be the case.
Assuming Mashima remembers any of these lmao. I don't really have any faith in that dude.

As for Selene manipulating star, seems like it has been retconned. She's moon dragon now
off topic but

i just wanted to say you were right all along, he doesn't even remember irene and erzas fight where irene stated that wendy was a high enchanter but recently she states again that wendy just became a high enchanter lmao

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
off topic but

i just wanted to say you were right all along, he doesn't even remember irene and erzas fight where irene stated that wendy was a high enchanter but recently she states again that wendy just became a high enchanter lmao
her being able to pull off High Level Enchantments, does not equal her being High enchanter, Irene was more pointing to her potentially becoming one. Also in chapter 98 Irene says That Wendy did not realize that she's already High enchanter, so she was High enchanter for a while she just did not realized it.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
i wanna know
how did ignia know that natsu was the one who beated acno but elefseria didn't even tho elefseria was the law dragon

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
i wanna know
how did ignia know that natsu was the one who beated acno but elefseria didn't even tho elefseria was the law dragon
Just Mashima things. :catshrug

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
her being able to pull off High Level Enchantments, does not equal her being High enchanter, Irene was more pointing to her potentially becoming one. Also in chapter 98 Irene says That Wendy did not realize that she's already High enchanter, so she was High enchanter for a while she just did not realized it.
Kinda elevates Wendy to a very high standard.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
One thing I don't see anyone talking about is when Selene mentions that Ignia is the son of the Fire Dragon King Igneel and the 'flames of destruction'. Ignia also references this by saying the power of fire is the power of noble destruction. I wonder if his mother was a fire dragon with these 'flames of destruction'? Kind of curious.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
One thing I don't see anyone talking about is when Selene mentions that Ignia is the son of the Fire Dragon King Igneel and the 'flames of destruction'. Ignia also references this by saying the power of fire is the power of noble destruction. I wonder if his mother was a fire dragon with these 'flames of destruction'? Kind of curious.
Same also found it weird that neither Natsu or Suzaku could smell him. Now this might be a way of slowing them down plot wise or the labyrinth but still weird.

We know when Natsu get's strong enough he can burn almost any magic. I'm thinking the highest level of this is what Ignia has, probably allowing him to burn even some outlandish magic or more crazy allows him to burn ethernano itself.

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
while I think Ignia is capable of burning magic, the moon can also dispel magic, as we saw from the very early arcs. it would make sense as to how Faris somehow lost the ability of white out when Selene became aware of her success of awakening Aldoron. Really cool if you think about it. Acno eats magic, Ignia burns magic, and Selene dispels magic. Three dragons capable of negating magic through very different methods. This is of course if Ignia and Selene can do said things, as we have no idea yet, but only hints.

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m waiting for Ignia to burn his way out of whatever dimension Selene teleports him too.

kenedyfake

Reaction score
Country
France
off topic but

At that time Wendy knew some high enchant feats, but she wasn't exactly a high enchant mage, the same thing that Erza , she knows how to use some high enchant spells but isn't one yet a high enchant mage. But I don't rule out the possibility that Wendy could already be one in this time

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Next week, we will see what a DG is truly capable off feats wise.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Added a poll. "Who is your favorite dragon god?". Pick is unlimited. You can also discuss what you like and dislike about a dragon god here!

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dogramag is trash,Period

Selene is a mess

GS Aldoron is still my fav of them

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
- Ignia is hype/badass
- Selene is too contradictory and has overstayed her welcome imo
- Mercphobia is boring
- Aldoron as a concept is cool but is only alright as a character
- Dogramag is kinda cool in personality but overall disappointing

As for Viernes, I'm waiting on his appearance to make a judgment. On the one hand, the mystery character of a group usually ends up being pretty hype, but on the other hand, Nienhart was once that character

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
- Ignia is hype/badass
- Selene is too contradictory and has overstayed her welcome imo
- Mercphobia is boring
- Aldoron as a concept is cool but is only alright as a character
- Dogramag is kinda cool in personality but overall disappointing

As for Viernes, I'm waiting on his appearance to make a judgment. On the one hand, the mystery character of a group usually ends up being pretty hype, but on the other hand, Nienhart was once that character
What about Larcade? He was the last spriggan to be revealed