Shounen - Dragon Ball Super | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... ultra ego... wtf even is that? I am wondering how this works in contrast to UI... UI allows autonomous reaction but I am not sure of what ultra ego could do that would be comparable. Obviously both forms come with an increase in ki along with an apparent change in the ki's quality but the main hallmark of UI has been how it's automatic. Maybe ultra ego is something like automatically figuring out the best offense? In contrast to automatically reaction to attacks? If what vegeta has is comparable to UI then it's weird that angels would be that much stronger than GoDs. Unless angels have both UI and UE.... Unless the reason Gos are weaker than angels is that even they haven't mastered UI. Though the implication here is that angels have trained GoDs in UI and they simply haven't mastered it yet...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also... vegeta turning into natsu is... bad.

redon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Dragon Ball Super chapter 76 summary that I can share with you :amuse

- The first pages are those that have been seen in the preview.
- Granolah constantly attacks Vegeta until he loses his "Ultra Ego" form.
- When Granolah is about to finish him off, Goku appears using the SSJ Blue and hits Granolah in the face, sending him away from Vegeta.
- Goku tells Vegeta that now he will take care of Granolah, but Vegeta doesn't accept it and kicks Goku in his side, sending him flying against a drum of water.
- Vegeta approaches Goku and tells him don't interfere, then punches Goku in the face.
- While they argue, Granolah approaches Vegeta and tries to pierce his abdomen with the palm of his hand.
- Goku reacts on time and pushes Vegeta with a shock wave, Granolah only manages to scratch Vegeta a bit.
- Vegeta crashes into a house and seems unconscious.
- Goku and Granolah keep fighting.
- Granolah moves quickly to Goku's back. Goku notices it and strengthens his neck.
- Granolah hits Goku on the neck. Goku returns to his normal form and falls unconscious to the ground (which is full of water).
- Granolah leaves thinking that he has defeated Goku, but Goku was pretending and throws a ki ball at Granolah's back.
- Granolah is angry, so he tries to pierce Goku's abdomen with his hand.
- However, Goku uses the same trick as before, strengthens his abdomen and stops Granolah's attack. Then he punches Granolah in the stomach.
- Vegeta wakes up and sees that Goku and Granolah are still fighting.
- Despite Goku faces up to Granolah, he kicks Goku against the ground. Goku returns to his normal form.
- Vegeta tells Goku to let him fight his way, Goku accepts and asks him not to die.
- Vegeta transforms back into the "Ultra Ego" form, Granolah is surprised.
- The battle moves to the Sugarians' city. Granolah tells Vegeta to go elsewhere, but Vegeta ignores him.
- The battle continues fiercely. Granolah punches Vegeta and Vegeta bites his arm.
- Granolah slams Vegeta to the ground, then he steps on his arms (this way Vegeta can't move) and shoots several ki attacks point-blank at Vegeta's face.
- Granolah sits on the ground because he is exhausted.
- Suddenly, a wall of a house collapses and Granolah sees inside a Sugarian mother with her child. She looks at Granolah terrified.
- A little flashback of Granolah begins. We see him as a child running away from the city that Saiyan attacked.
- Granolah enters in a church and meets his mother.
- They both hug, but a noise interrupts them and they look at something terrified.
- Back to the present. Vegeta gets up, an enraged Granolah punches him, sending Vegeta out of the city.
- Granolah is about to finish him off. He begins to focus his energy into a giant ki ball.
- Vegeta is exhausted but he's willing to try to resist the attack.
- Goku runs up to them, but he's also exhausted.
- Suddenly, a space ship appears at full speed next to Goku. Inside is the Namekian Monite and the ship is piloted by Granolah's robot, Automil.
- Goku tries to stop Granolah, but he can't.
- Monite opens the space ship and calls Granolah. He is surprised to see Monite.
- Goku attacks Granolah and stops his attack.
- The ship lands and Monite gets out of it.
- Monite: "40 years ago, the one who saved us was a Saiyan called Bardock".

Last Monite text in japanese is...
"40年前に找々を救うてくれたのは
サイヤ人のバーダックじゃ"

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Very good chapter. It was nice seeing Vegeta's development throughout this thing. Went from being a sicko, to his dilemma during the Buu Saga and admitting here that he can't be that evil man again. Goku and Granola are great too.

Will have to see what they'll do to Bardock. They did hint during the Broly movie that he's different :grumble

Reactions: Sky

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
it looks like granola won't be an enemy for much longer at least. Given the intervention of the old namek at least. In which case he would set his eyes on frieza or perhaps the other pirate guys who are likely out to also be the strongest in the universe.

Vegeta's attitude through the chapter seems.. different from other times. The manga has been rather awkward with vegeta in general (specially since the whole thing about him not having teachers or whichever nonsense) but it seems like a weird time for him to get extra selfish. There are plenty of instances with comparable stakes where he has fought alongside goku (like, against broly). I suppose ultra ego could be affecting his behavior just in general.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well tbf Broly was a threat to earth.
Granolah isn't.
If teaming up would had gotten Freezer killed in Namek I have no doubt he would had gone for it. The explanation makes a bit of sense but was a rather unnecessary event as a whole.

Speaking of unnecessary... More bardock backstory. I love the guy but jeez.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Vegeta did team up with people during the namek fight. He teamed up against folk during the fight against the ginyu, then worked alongside gohan and krillin when frieza showed up... He was also pretty important in cell getting defeated via attacking cell and throwing him off just enough for gohan to blast him. As much as vegeta fucks up back in the day he found his pride in victory.

KimCorrea

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Goku's mom looks just like videl. Cool!

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Chapter 77.

It was a neat chapter. A flashback (and flashback within that) of Bardock. A lot of people are mixed, but I don't mind it. It's also nice that are some cool easter eggs, like the invasion that was similar from the Bardock special and he wears a cloak, like his outfit in Heroes. I can't wait to see the Heeters and their upcoming wish. I hope it's not as underwhelming as Moro back from his own arc .-.

Lesson learned here too. Don't be a Namekian. You'll have a bad time :lmao

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I hope Bardock with his 5 digits (at best) PL didn't beat Gas as that would mean the latter did some 17 levels of absurd bullshit training.

Bardock is such a softie LOL. Better MC than Goku.

There's something hilarious about baby Goku making a ruthless saiyan spare a child but shitty Raditz couldn't even do that.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
question: the dragon ball must wait a year to be functional again. So how long did she take on the cereal planet?

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Chapter 78.
Gas became Green Lantern. How cool :awe
Anyways, a cool and action-packed chapter. Elec's wish made Gas the strongest now. Though, I don't think the younger brother knows about the dragon's monkey's paw of him. Maybe he has the same one as Granolah, but a shorter lifespan. Elec is definitely acting like a typical DB villain where they would ditch their teammates/siblings. For now, the heroes have to stop the Heeters and Bardock's strategy might help them.

question: the dragon ball must wait a year to be functional again. So how long did she take on the cereal planet?
I think these dragon balls don't have a cooldown. They do kinda make it up by having the monkey's paw effect.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do wonder if Goku will still get the big win as usual.
If they are the strongest though they kinda have to fuse. UI Gogeta? UE Gogeta?

im.me

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't like that they are implying the Bardok went Super Saiyan, Goku doing it after Freeza killed Krillin is one of the most iconic scenes in manga history, and I hate retcons like this.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't like that they are implying the Bardok went Super Saiyan, Goku doing it after Freeza killed Krillin is one of the most iconic scenes in manga history, and I hate retcons like this.
There is no Bardock Retcon. Almost everything Pre DBS Broly Bardock is a toei Fanfic.

And I doubt Bardock went SSJ against Gas. If at all against Chilled and that is non-canon.
The Heeters are pretty weak without broken wishes. Probably Boujack-lvl at most. (I know he is not canon. But the implication is rather straight forward here.)

Last edited:

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Chapter 79.

Granolah gets back up and is now ready to kick some butt again! \o/
Another action-packed chapter. Goku steps aside from his fight with Gas, or gets thrown out in this case, and the cereal man tags in for the battle. They both seem to be equal, but Granolah has the upper hand cause he's been fighting with our Saiyan heroes long enough to be a little more accurate of his newfound powers. I guess from here they'll either edge the other out or end up in a tie. Either way, they need to stop Elec from his schemes once this is over.

Also, there's gonna be a new arc next year. A little disappointing cause it feels kind of rushed. We barely got to know the Heeters, these name drops of Frieza and he's never appeared. I swear this build-up for his return just for nothing. Ugh :bored

At least I'm happy Granolah is developed well. I really like him. Plus, his suspenders outfit here :hearts
Truly a DB husbando material.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me it feels like the arc hasn't really progressed that much just in general. Granolah wished to be the strongest in the universe, then we see gas wishing for the same.. and the new DB's are still at play basically while the heeters continue their maneuvering.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Not a whole lot happened but I thought the choregraphy was nice, Gas is really fun to have around. It's interesting to have a whole chapter dedicated to these recently introduced characters fighting, looks like a fanfic hahaha

There is no Bardock Retcon. Almost everything Pre DBS Broly Bardock is a toei Fanfic.

And I doubt Bardock went SSJ against Gas. If at all against Chilled and that is non-canon.
The Heeters are pretty weak without broken wishes. Probably Boujack-lvl at most. (I know he is not canon. But the implication is rather straight forward here.)
I didn't even realise that was the implication hahaha.

Given that Bardock was still a low class warrior, even as a highlight among them he was probably around 2000 in power level (Raditz was 1600, base Nappa was 4000). With Super Saiyan (x50) he'd go to 100k which is still lower than Ginyu (120k). It's uh, much lower than Bojack, like at least 4 digits difference among them. I wouldn't like Gas to be above the 40k ish everyone expects of the standard Ginyu force member, who are Freezer's elite. A powerlevel comparable to Dodoria and pretty Zarbon (22k and 23k respectively) would be nice, still ahead of Vegeta's 18k vs Goku.

I'd like Bardock to be at 2500, so he ends at 125k right above Ginyu '-'

Edit: Only now I notice 100% Freezer is exactly 1000 times stronger than Ginyu, no coincidence there.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, I'd be surprised if modern heeters before wishes were any stronger than frieza's elite. Back then anything over 5000 was basically exceptional in frieza's army... And even ginyu clocked at barely 120k iirc.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A little late but, Chapter 80.

This gave me DBZ Broly vibes and I don't like it! Seriously though, it was an okay chapter. Lots of fighting again. I'm very sketchy about Elec at this point. He has that confidence on his little brother, probably a facade he puts on cause of that little wish he did without his family members knowing. I guess that the wish was also the reason that Gas had control of his berserk power. They need to come up with something and fast!

Also, Monaito's freaking useless and Vegeta just jobs because Vegeta. That got me to laugh :lmao
Looking forward to the next!