Feedback - Downloading Rumble (Regarding the 403 error) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback Downloading Rumble (Regarding the 403 error)

strikecrimson

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
[nami]
About the 403 Error, please note that each member can only download 2 releases at a time.
However, due to server limitations, it may take a few hours to reset. Hence you'll get this message. So please bear with us for the time being. :)
[/nami]

=====================

I'm a long time user, first time poster.
Everytime I try to download a manga, the 403 error keeps popping up.
About two days ago, I was downloading Psyren, and my internet connection
just turn off.
After that, I keep on getting the 403 error.
I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me out of this problem.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

MindGame

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: 403 error help!

I'm having the same problem. Help, someone?

AY War Horse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I have also started to have this problem. I was trying to download the "AkAtSuKi Download: Bakuman Special : Akamaru Jump Special [2009-04]" from the Mangahelpers server and at first a download seemed to come through as I got up my save as box, but when i put it to save nothing came through.

I have downloaded files from the rapidshare links which some members provide and a few files from another site, so it does not look like a problem at my end.

I cancelled the download and tried again and this time i got the 403 error. Usually this only comes up if you accidentally are already downloading two files from the Mangahelpers server and you try and download a third. But I was not downloading anything from Mangahelpers server. I have tried several times to download the file and get the same result.

I then tried to download something else, I tried "Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Volume 1 MQ RAW" this one started to download as usual and once the download completed the file opened fine and tested as ok using the zip file test function.

I have tried the Vinland Raws on the site and all i have tried so far have worked. So i wondered if it is a problem that is found more in the scanlated manga section and not the raw section, not knowing the exact files the other posters to the thread have had problems with I decided to pick one at random, I tried "The Project Download: The Country of Tanabata 6" and this produced the 403 error as did "JS Scans Download: Zettai Karen Children 109".

I will admit that at the time i tried these two Edited Mangas I was downloading one file from Mangahelpers but not the two it should take to cause the 403 error to come up.

I am using Firefox 3.0.10

Last edited:

matias067

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Me also, im having problems when i'm trying to download a manga from mangahelper's DDL.

"Forbidden (403) The server has a limit of 2 downloads at the same time. Please try again later if you already have 2 concurrent connections."

how can this be fixed???

AY War Horse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This morning (10.30 BST) I tried once again to "AkAtSuKi Download: Bakuman Special : Akamaru Jump Special [2009-04]" and this downloaded fine.

I then tried the other two Edited Mangas i had attempted to download last night but found i had problems, although one download started it failed within a few seconds with the download dropping off and nothing was then downloading. The second file i attempted produced the same 403 error page although i was not downloading two files from the server.

queproblematico

Reaction score
Country
Chile

I'm having a similar trouble.

The sequence is more o less:

- I try to download a file (a RAW volume of Naruto)
- When I download, the page starts to load.... and load... load... forever.
- Sometimes the file never loads, sometimes the file starts to download at a ridiculous speed (5-7 KB/s) and fails soonanyway.
- I update the download page (F5 or Ctrl-R, because I noticed that the page generates a link that expires), I try again and I get the error 403.

Strangely, even if the server assumes that the first try is still in course, the second try should work anyway, because the limit is 2 and not 1.

Looks like the server is not working very well. I hope it will be temporary and the error will be fixed soon.

Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

We're getting a new server, so I assume that the troubles are caused either because the old one was defect and/or because the files getting transferred at the moment but I don't have any tech in my reach to confirm that.

So I would just ask you for now to stay patient. I'm sure it will be fixed soon :)

queproblematico

Reaction score
Country
Chile

We're getting a new server, so I assume that the troubles are caused either because the old one was defect and/or because the files getting transferred at the moment but I don't have any tech in my reach to confirm that.

So I would just ask you for now to stay patient. I'm sure it will be fixed soon :)
oh, thanks by the answer. While I was writing the previous post, I tried again and finally it's downloading well, sloooow but OK, I'm patient. :tem

MindGame

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

The downloading problems have ceased for me.

@Eni: Thank you for telling us

matias067

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

yeah!, its working now, DDL links on media3.mangahelpers.com/... and other media# is OK.

AY War Horse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks Eni for shedding some light on what the problem could be :). And patience is no trouble, I am always very willing and able to be patient when it comes to Mangahelpers because usually I find no problems :D.

tethysdust

Manga Database
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Manga Database
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm still getting the 403 error on media3 (not the other #s, as far as I have tested), even when there are no downloads in progress.

tagno25

Reaction score
Country
United States

I am getting this error on media5.

I DL a release and then it stalls.
I retry downloading and it downloads fine.
I download a couple more, then one stalls.
I retry downloading and I get a 403 error.

Suzuka-Chan

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I don't know if I must post it here or in the "500" error threat (don't remember having it ... but it may be), but I have a little problem with the "403" error since yesterday. I was hoping that after a day, it will be ok, but it look like it's not :( . Seem like I can't download anything. I was wondering if it's me or the server like last time (switching the server or something) who is the problem.

I don't remember a lot, but Yesterday, the download was slow to give me the "403" error. So I was wondering and hoping it was not a big problem. It's not that I need those chapter that fast, but I was worried.

EDIT : Seem like it's ok now !

Last edited:

wakuroka

Reaction score
Country
India

this thread isn't giving any answers...

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

It's just the servers getting overloaded ^^;;

zephyranthez

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I'm also still getting the same problem. I guess the server is too busy after all. Download either does not start or returned me with 403 error page. Tried on both firefox and chrome, even tried turning off my firewall but also didn't work.

maybe the server's refreshes our ip cache kinda slowly? I just succeeded downloading a manga 10 mins ago and now the download is not working again. I think it's a good chance to encourage uploaders to also upload mirrors on megaupload/rapidshare.... or just other downloaders to provide mirrors when they have downloaded the chapters already.

Nekotama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Download speed

Is it just me or is anyone else downloading at an amazingly slow rate, I have Highspeed internet and im downloading at 4.1 KB a second, im downloading a 26 mb file, its been 15 min and its at 12% :darn with a projected time of over an hour

Update: It sped up a bit. its running at around 6 or 7 KB a second but still, its been around 32 min and its at 74%

Last edited:

ClinoJustu

Reaction score
Country
France
Re: Download speed

Hi, you mean in the read online section when you do a right clik download for a zip ?
Yeah me too it's 12 to 30 ko/s:darn

Ayle

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Download speed

It has always been like that. I'd assume that the servers don't have a lot of bandwith and that's why the download speeds are limited.