Seinen - Dorohedoro by Hayashida Kyu | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Dorohedoro by Hayashida Kyu

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
what does it mean? is it the first chapter of volume 18? uhm,I'm not sure whether I want to read it as a chapter,instead of as a volume...

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
No it is the first chapter of the future volume 18. This is what is written on Fallen syndicate site:
Also, we’ve picked up Dorohedoro, and will be Editing it from the magazines starting this chapter

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Yes it's a shame i discovered it to late and soleil doesn't want to reprint the first french volumes.

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I've got the first 8 volumes published by Viz. Got 9 and 10 on preorder. Love this series to death.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yeah I've got all of VIZ's releases too. They are freaking beautiful :D

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Love those fluorescent spines. Just like my Drifting Classroom books.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
any news concerning the new volume? the 18th,that is. when will it be complete?

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well usually there are like 8-ish chapters per volume, and the magazine chapters released so far only run up to 5. So it'll probably be sometime early fall?

kohaku

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
The chapter published in April s issue of IKKI is #117, and previous volume ended at #109.
Next month mangaka will take a break which is usually to prepare release of future volume (I guess to make bonus chapter, work with designer on cover etc.).
I read some people on 2ch saying it could be released next June, so let s see.

Last edited:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
According to manganewsjapan twitter, volume 19th will be the last one.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Nice, I don't like manga to go on forever and this way I'm pretty sure Viz will stick with it until the end.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
There is no news since next volume will be the last one.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Every chapter of volume 18 has been scanlated (though with scans from the pre-publication). All that's left is that final book.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I picked this back up a few months ago, after about 4 or 5 years of not reading it, and bought the first 10 vols. They're fantastic and really love the artwork.

Just wanted to recommend this series to anyone who is looking for a funny and gory manga - if horror/comedy is your thing then this manga isn't to be missed.

There is no heavy story or profound themes - just a mystery about a guy who wants to find his real face. The plot revolves around that and it's a mess at first, but slowly bits and pieces start to fall into place and soon enough you appreciate how well parts have been intertwined. The cast is magnificent. My favourites are Shin, En, Ebisu and Chidaruma... but could easily throw up 10 more. The art as mentioned before is superb. It looks rough at times but it complements the setting of the manga. The setting is split into 2 worlds. "Hole" which is where the protagonists start at, and is a land of humans. And there's "The magic users world" where the magic users live... and they travel to Hole to practice their magic on humans. "Hell" is the 3rd dimension of this manga, but it isn't a main setting. There's a lot of violence and gore scenes, and on occasion we get nudity/fanservice. Overall this is a very good manga, 9/10

Current events - things are hopefully building towards a resolution with Hole-kun. The countdown was just hilarious in ch153. "Their masks are dirty. Do they even wash them". Glad to see Hole-kun has taken on devil eccentricities xD. On devil's, just having Chidaruma around makes this all so enjoyable.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Volume 22 Cover: (Hole-kun)
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Hibana has ceased publication, so Dorohedoro will be serialised in Gessan (shonen). Idk how that'll work lol.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Ch 155 has been out for a while, thought we wouldn't get it until the end of the year

Nikaido is revived through time magic, dies again, and will be resurrected later on :lmao

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Totally agreed with you! :zomg one of the best manga, and yet one of the most underrated ones. This manga deserves to be spread around the world. The only odd thing is that it should have ended some years ago, instead the author luckily chose to extend it of some more volumes, but she releases only 1 per year... :(