Josei - Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Title: Dokuhime
Alternative Title: Poison Princess, La Princesse au Poison
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Josei, Romance, Tragedy
Author/Artist: Mitsukazu Mihara
Year: 2002
Original Publisher: Asahi Shinbunsha
Serialization: Nemuki (on-going)
Summary:
It starts with poisonous herbs under the cradle. Then under the sheets. And inside the clothes. Even mixed in the milk that they feed the newborn. This way the child gradually gets used to poisons and becomes the perfect assassination tool - the “Poison Princess” whose every kiss, tear, and even touch bring death. Her only chance of survival is to fulfill her duty as an assassin and find a way to live on in the enemy land she is sent to…if her heart is strong enough.

Personal Thoughts:
A dark series. Well, it's josei. I'm still rather early though so I haven't seen much. The world of this series is dark and scary and sad where people constantly try to kill each other, I wonder what kind of happiness can born from it. And if there is any salvation for the princesses. Quite a great read, so to say.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Josei] Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara

I read only 2 chapters of this series and instantly stopped. Too many hopelessness and despair.

I prefer the other series about poisonous person, Apothecarius Argentum. In there, the poisonous person is a guy instead of a girl, it is also quite dark, but at least that story still has more hopes than this one. It has comedy for God's sake, but this one... this one... it can only make me despair.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Josei] Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara

I read only 2 chapters of this series and instantly stopped. Too many hopelessness and despair.

I prefer the other series about poisonous person, Apothecarius Argentum. In there, the poisonous person is a guy instead of a girl, it is also quite dark, but at least that story still has more hopes than this one. It has comedy for God's sake, but this one... this one... it can only make me despair.
Post that series here!

Yeah, it's depressing right from the start that it surprised me since I haven't touched a series this sad from the beginning ever, I think, haha. So I'm reading it for the sake of knowing the end. I truly hope there will be some happiness, but given how things are going so far... Hardly possible, I guess.

The art is sometimes pretty sometimes not, but all has this scary effect that matches the plot very well. -___-