DoctorApollo's Gallery | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

DoctorApollo's Gallery

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Heyyyy so I've been like kind of posting-on-and-off around this forum for a few years, figured I might as well make one of these.

so I draw manga and stuff. you can follow my chronicle in drawing full-time here if you want, there's also like full-on pages on there, so y'know.

here are some pictures split into categories:

Original Digital Art

This is Koteru, he is a dude I originally designed in middle school, eight years agohttps://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=764. I remember being particularly disappointed when Soul Eater came out, because prior to that I really believed my badass idea for blades connected by a chain was super original. He's been redesigned many times since and aged along with me. The only thing he really kept from his original design are the shoes and hair-color, actually.

Fan Art

Some Final Fantasy bros for good measure.

The chocobo I drew for the above picture.

Genderbent Franky. It has been explained to me that this looks creepy as fuck, but I seriously don't see it. Looks perfectly normal to me.

Original Traditional Art

A character named Hawkins, from a story I wrote but never drew. fun fact: i designed her (and drew this picture) in military prison. It's a lot less exciting and scary than actual prison, but y'know.

Girl at the beach. Mostly drew this to help formalize my new style in preparation for a story that never got made. (this is a recurring theme, by the way). The drawing conveniently cuts off just after her knees, seeing as everything under that is a mess.

The protagonist for the story with Hawkins. Mostly drew this to practice inking with the freakin' maru pen. I don't know how many people here have used maru pens, but those who did will understand my pain. G-pens are fine, they're fun, but fuck maru pens seriously. It's not even that they're hard to use correctly, like the G-pen is, but rather they're hard to use at all. Like the ink doesn't even come out. Jesus Christ fuck those pens. (but I'm a lot better at using them now, to be fair.)

ACTUAL MANGA PAGES (!!!)

This is the only one I'm going to show in this gallery, because it is the only one that actually looks good. But if you do actually want to see more, there's a full gallery of some pages in the thread I linked at the top.

Actually I lied, here's another one that came out pretty decently.

Uhh, I've read in the rules that you need ten pieces of art for this, and what I posted here is the only stuff I have recently scanned, aside from complete pages. So I could just post a few more pages and call it a day, but instead I dug up this super-old stuff from corners of the Internet that I didn't even remember until this precise moment.

SUPER OLD SHIT

My very short-lived attempt at using watercolors. They're fun, and a certain level of mastery allows you to achieve the same effect as copics. I am not at that level.

(when I say short-lived attempt, I mean that drawing is literally the only time I have ever used watercolors.)

My attempt at a manga-style superhero! This was actually drawn before BnHA existed, so I'm a lot more excited about manga-style superheroes nowadays.

okay that's it. I'm mostly here to procrastinate, so I will now get back to drawing!

Last edited:

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
It seems like no one is here but that won't stop me from obeying the requirement to keep this updated!

I have another page I don't mind showcasing as part of this gallery, this one introduces all the villainous organizations in the story, I think the designs came out alright and the silhouettes actually came out way better than I thought! I hope whoever comes across this enjoys it.

I should mention, most people here seem to be really into these high-quality drawings with backgrounds and colors and stuff. I don't really do that. Like, right now I spend all day drawing manga, so all I'm going to be uploading is actual manga pages... I hope that's okay.

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel

Today, I drew Robin.

I don't know why, I'm not really a fan of superheroes at all, but I have always loved Robin's design. I think part of why I dislike superheroes (and love manga) is that it's crucial for me that characters have cool hair, so I guess that's why I like Robin.

---------------------------------------------

edit: a day later

well, Robin was lonely, so I drew batman.

Last edited:

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I've been wasting a lot of time and not working on my main project these days, so I think it'll be a while before I can :X

but maybe one day.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Here's my entry for a contest on here!

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wow you're manga panels are amazing. Because I've only ever been able to do (very) rough sketches, It's beyond me how you can be so good. I'm more of a Photography guy and I wanted to ask if you could draw Juuzou Suzuya? (The guy in my avatar)

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hey thanks that's really nice of you to say

My plan to have a fuckton of free time by delaying my college was thwarted by the fact that I ended up not delaying my going to college, so, like... I don't even have the time to draw the stuff *I* want to draw myself, let alone the stuff other people may want haha

sorry about it mate, but Tokyo Ghoul is extremely popular so I'm sure there's a lot of great fan art of that character all throughout the internet, so it's cool.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do you study art? Anyway, your drawings are really good. Did you already finish one full chapter of that?

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
No to both of those. The previous partnership is kind of on hiatus, the chapter stopped at about 30/45 pages done, and im now in college so the whole free time situation is different

though tbh im now working on something totally different