Discussion - Do we want old works as world's? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Do we want old works as world's?

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a very simple question, and I respect the Mashima fan community present here so I'm really interested in your answers. Do you think we will see old works as world's in this new Universe he has the Edens Zero`s crew exploring? His several one-shots and earlier series give him multiple options for worlds. (Rave, FT, MS, N.Y., Satsuki) Does that seem worthwhile to you guys or is the excitement aimed more at seeing new worlds and new groups. Personally I'm hoping for a mixture of both. New world's with EZ character centric arcs, and mini visits to old world's where we see what's new with familiar faces.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
What purpose would that serve other then milking a cow? Let the series be separate and Mashima to maintain some creative integrity instead of being a story pimp.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
What purpose would that serve other then milking a cow? Let the series be separate and Mashima to maintain some creative integrity instead of being a story pimp.
Isn't he doing that by cameos and referencing? Its not milking, its showing respect to his origins of past series. He will be remember for RM and FT for a long time like it or not and apply do them even in futures series even when EZ is done and he referencing and cameoing things in them.

Just his style. So as long they aren't doing something major unless its a special chapter or OVA like RM X FT one, don't think it will be a issue.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't he doing that by cameos and referencing? Its not milking, its showing respect to his origins of past series. He will be remember for RM and FT for a long time like it or not and apply do them even in futures series even when EZ is done and he referencing and cameoing things in them.

Just his style. So as long they aren't doing something major unless its a special chapter or OVA like RM X FT one, don't think it will be a issue.
it's every chapter, it's in the background and FT didn't referent RM to the extent EZ does.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
it's every chapter, it's in the background and FT didn't referent RM to the extent EZ does.
That because unlike RM, FT was more financial successful and stay out longer as well popularity. That's why he doing them more as well having bigger cast than RM's cast. So as long they are doing anything bad, it doesn't hurt the series.

We have to let go of our gripes on FT to see how EZ is and truly different from it.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
That because unlike RM, FT was more financial successful and stay out longer as well popularity. That's why he doing them more as well having bigger cast than RM's cast. So as long they are doing anything bad, it doesn't hurt the series.

We have to let go of our gripes on FT to see how EZ is and truly different from it.
why did you feel the need to compare FT to RM if you ended the argument with "So as long they are doing anything bad, it doesn't hurt the series." there was no reason to compare FT to RM here. Why did you feel the need to compare one series to another even though it wasn't necessary? Why do you attack another series when you had a argument independent of a comparison that works just fine? If you want people to let go of their gripe with FT. Stop. Bringing. It. UP. Stop comparing it to toher series and just go with the argument "I like it and it's not hurting anybody" When you insult RM to compliment FT you insulting other people by indirectly sayign FT is more worthy of admiration. It make you sound desperate, as though such insults unless they can't be tossed at other series would make FT less then deserving of your praise. Judge EZ on it's own merits and let me tell you. Mashima has yet to prove the series won't turn into a repetitive, frustrating grind yet.

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
why did you feel the need to compare FT to RM if you ended the argument with "So as long they are doing anything bad, it doesn't hurt the series." there was no reason to compare FT to RM here, other then to make the shout outs to FT seem less like a cash grab.

How can we do that when we constantly see Mashima referencing it? He forces continuous comparison by bringing in shout outs every damn chapter.
Wasn't really doing that. I was setting a example and again like it or not, he will do cameos and references. They are just that, as shown with sells, it hardly hurt it if it was the issue.

Your making the comparison than he is as someone who seen all series. He simply doing it for Easter eggs the same with RM on FT. It doesn't define a series as we know FT didn't became like RM and people can see the difference in them. Just saying we control our minds not to see them as milking when they aren't and just Easter Eggs things.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad i got some responses. Hey Guts how would using his already created world's as options be an issue? Especially when he has so many one-shots that could be fleshed out? Satsuki, Zephr (sp) and his crew, Monster Soul, all diverse world's that could realistically be outside the Sakura cosmos (or inside of it). I mean there are only 2 series that he could possibly be milking, and i doubt either would be early arcs in EZ if he did use them because the obvious power gaps. Not to mention Rave and FT are both great world's, and his legacy being tied up into this Mashimaverse would be great.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a very simple question, and I respect the Mashima fan community present here so I'm really interested in your answers. Do you think we will see old works as world's in this new Universe he has the Edens Zero`s crew exploring? His several one-shots and earlier series give him multiple options for worlds. (Rave, FT, MS, N.Y., Satsuki) Does that seem worthwhile to you guys or is the excitement aimed more at seeing new worlds and new groups. Personally I'm hoping for a mixture of both. New world's with EZ character centric arcs, and mini visits to old world's where we see what's new with familiar faces.
I don't see the harm in it.

Could be a fun thing to play with. Not sure I'd want it to be a regular thing. Like maybe save it for special moments but I certially wouldn't mind if the landed on the world of Fairy Tail or something.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I´d be fine if they were TV specials or volumes. Or, maybe, a Fourth series focused on a universal threat that needs all the 3 pasts series to defeat.
Eden´s Zero for now needs to be its own thing

Altuzer Von G Dust D

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nicaragua
It is Possible, The universe is Infinite Relatively.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It is Possible, The universe is Infinite Relatively.