Anime - DGM Theater Hang Out Thread | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime DGM Theater Hang Out Thread

Mori takai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well I heard someone mention that Funi did this beforel. So it apparently isn't a new thing.

And since it's been quite a few years, I guess they figured any dub-watchers will have just gone ahead and watched the subbed version by now. So they're just going to continue on to DGMH.
I see makes sense I guess, but what if there were people who were still waiting for a dub ?, I mean we know this will get a dub for sure and those people might get confused.

MSofAofCOCA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The 1st prescreen's reaction seems positive even though some said they'd need sometime to get used to the new VAs
...where should I post the spoiler for the 1st episode, or shouldn't I post them at all?
I've created a thread for episode 1's discussion. If you've got spoilers, please post them there. I think it would be best to keep this thread for general anime news.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
his hair better not be blond... >_>; Other than that though I'm loving the pictures.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This looks really great, but is that supposed to be Cross' voice at the beginning? It's not completely awful or anything, but I was expecting him to sound a bit closer to the gravelly end of the scale and less toward the pretty boy side. This voice kind of reminded me of Roy Mustang (albeit his more serious moments, but you get the idea).

Silverwolf442

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This looks really great, but is that supposed to be Cross' voice at the beginning? It's not completely awful or anything, but I was expecting him to sound a bit closer to the gravelly end of the scale and less toward the pretty boy side. This voice kind of reminded me of Roy Mustang (albeit his more serious moments, but you get the idea).
I believe that was Cross there, yes. The VA seems fine. He may sound better if we hear more of him. The VA did the voice of Keith Shadis in Attack on Titan. And that one sounded perfect, possibly better than HT, so I was hoping he'd use that tone and pitch.

But it's not too bad. Though clearly not as deep as Hiroki Touchi, at this point. But his Keith voice was.

Last edited:

Arcueid

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
So it looks like they gonna start with the Cross arc.
I really hope they do it's justice because i really liked that part.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I believe that was Cross there, yes. The VA seems fine. He may sound better if we hear more of him. The VA did the voice of Keith Shadis in Attack on Titan. And that one sounded perfect, possibly better than HT, so I was hoping he'd use that tone and pitch.

But it's not too bad. Though clearly not as deep as Hiroki Touchi, at this point.
Well the line that was spoken was Cross' line from the manga but I was in such disbelief while first hearing it, I was hoping it was a narrator saying it for some reason instead of Cross' own voice. In retrospect I guess it has to be him, and not some random narrator they're tossing in for one trailer only. You're probably right we just need to hear more of the voice and he'll sound better.

So it looks like they gonna start with the Cross arc.
I really hope they do it's justice because i really liked that part.
I was just about to post this (anime-only ppl beware: it's a spoiler thread for the episode) but @NonExisted beat me to it. :D

andrewsungchehau

Reaction score
Country
Brunei
New trailer looks awesome!!! Cross and Leverrier's VA sounds better than expected. Allen's voice become manlier which is actually quite nice.
Although there are some part where it could have been better imo.

dgreymusician

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
P
The 1st prescreen's reaction seems positive even though some said they'd need sometime to get used to the new VAs
...where should I post the spoiler for the 1st episode, or shouldn't I post them at all?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Update: the official website changed entirely
Omg please share it somewhereeeee :> I am getting hyped up. So much.

Sullyan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thankyou for this trailer!!
All right!! They will include the conversation with Cross !!

Ahm... Allen's nose... That I do not like side face. Side face... Side face...
Thats weird! Allen Not! It is not like Allen!! He is blond and the big nose!!!
It is disproportionate that face.
Masters of photoshop, I call upon you, please, (oh please!) in exchange for my soul, someone fix that nose!!!:worship2
The rest well, although I liked the animation of the first season.

Last edited:

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States

Masters of photoshop, I call upon you, please, (oh please!) in exchange for my soul, someone fix that nose!!!:worship2
I don't think Allen's hair is blonde. It's white, but white absorbs color (or reflects, i forget lol), it will look yellowish if in a yellow lit place. Just like how at night, it may look a bit bluish. It depends on the lighting.I do agree his nose is a tad too long.

Last edited:

fuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
i hate how the noses are drawn in side view...very big

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

-Hair: It's call color blending
-Nose: It's not much of a problem. Actually, they follow the total proportion of the head

And I draw for a living.

Sullyan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't think Allen's hair is blonde. It's white, but white absorbs color (or reflects, i forget lol), it will look yellowish if in a yellow lit place. Just like how at night, it may look a bit bluish. It depends on the lighting.I do agree his nose is a tad too long.

Ok, okey. Thats right, but... I'm sorry, but I miss it. It was so beautiful.
What do you think? Am I too demanding? It was beautiful. He was very beautiful.:(

Last edited:

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Comparing it like that... I actually like the Hallow version a tad more XD
Especially the eyes...

The Hallow version is a bit more grown up than the 2008 anime, where he is still boyish.

capricorn

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
@Sullyan: True, given the particular images in your example I can say I prefer the 2006 version, however the problem I find with your comparison is that its extremely unbalanced. For one, you are taking a screen shot of possibly one of the best produced episodes of the 2006 anime (i'm guessing episode 75 if I recall, correct me if i'm wrong) and comparing it what appears to be a relatively sub par episode of Hallow given the other previews we've seen (as disappointing as that is considering that its the 1st episode of the renewed series and also because the Cross- Allen interaction constituted one of my all time favorite dgm moments and was the major turning point in the manga that really reignited my interest in the series). Additionally the 2006 version had far more episodes to discriminate between and thus you are able to choose the best episodes to compare with the worst instances in a mere 13 episodes. If I recall the 20006 version wasn't always on model either (even though their promotional posters looked way better) and in fact was poor in many instances as well.

I'm not expecting Hallow to be that inspiring to be honest ( still hoping it proves me wrong to some degree though maybe i'm just a cynic) but given the preview they've thus far shown this particular episode does not strike me as the most impressive. Especially since I imagine that they are saving much of their best animation for future action scenes. The images from the Timothy arc for example looked fantastic in both art and smoothness in the animation which rivals and possibly outweighs some of the best of 2006.

So far though I' actually okay with the VAs. I think they are doing a good job.

Sullyan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Sullyan: True, given the particular images in your example I can say I prefer the 2006 version, however the problem I find with your comparison is that its extremely unbalanced. For one, you are taking a screen shot of possibly one of the best produced episodes of the 2006 anime (i'm guessing episode 75 if I recall, correct me if i'm wrong) and comparing it what appears to be a relatively sub par episode of Hallow given the other previews we've seen (as disappointing as that is considering that its the 1st episode of the renewed series and also because the Cross- Allen interaction constituted one of my all time favorite dgm moments and was the major turning point in the manga that really reignited my interest in the series). Additionally the 2006 version had far more episodes to discriminate between and thus you are able to choose the best episodes to compare with the worst instances in a mere 13 episodes. If I recall the 20006 version wasn't always on model either (even though their promotional posters looked way better) and in fact was poor in many instances as well.

I'm not expecting Hallow to be that inspiring to be honest ( still hoping it proves me wrong to some degree though maybe i'm just a cynic) but given the preview they've thus far shown this particular episode does not strike me as the most impressive. Especially since I imagine that they are saving much of their best animation for future action scenes. The images from the Timothy arc for example looked fantastic in both art and smoothness in the animation which rivals and possibly outweighs some of the best of 2006.

So far though I' actually okay with the VAs. I think they are doing a good job.
Exactly! The image is random.:p I do not know that episode.
The truth is that the first frontal plane of Allen in Hallow... I love it.
My mood was low the other day. Only saw the negative. Sorry.
That sade face is rare, love-hate. Uhm, how do you say in English?
Of course, the opening song in my head all day. XD Is great!

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
More Comparison Pix. I did Miranda, The Inspector, and Cross.

Nothing bad about the look, but the drawing is off. However, he seems like he'll be around a bit longer, so the art may get better on him. The 1st episode probably has lackluster art and covered 4 chapters because it was something they wanted to get out of the way.

She looked a bit more innocent in the original version. But she seems healthier and peppier in Hallow

Finally Cross. Like Lenalee, I couldn't decide which pic to use, I had 3 different ones.

I like Cross' hairstyle better currently. Though the previous anime did better on his goatee/beard. lol His color-scheme is better here as well -love the gold and red belts.

Last edited:

Sullyan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
More Comparison Pix. I did Miranda, The Inspector, and Cross.

Nothing bad about the look, but the drawing is off. However, he seems like he'll be around a bit longer, so the art may get better on him. The 1st episode probably has lackluster art and covered 4 chapters because it was something they wanted to get out of the way.

She looked a bit more innocent in the original version. But she seems healthier and peppier in Hallow

Finally Cross. Like Lenalee, I couldn't decide which pic to use, I had 3 different ones.

But you're comparing promotional art-animation. Certainly wins the promotional art, but it is not fair. Animation 2016 or Animation 2006?
It is too early to decide.
Ahm, eto... It will always be better than Dragon Ball Super. XD

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
But you're comparing promotional art-animation. Certainly wins the promotional art, but it is not fair. Animation 2016 or Animation 2006?
It is too early to decide.
Ahm, eto... It will always be better than Dragon Ball Super. XD
Promo art of Miranda is all there is. But I did compare Hilter and Cross with anime shots. 1st one on Cross

I am mainly talking about art & design. I never pay much attention to "animation."

Like Naruto Shippuden, for example. I like the good art with the bad animation, rather than the bad art with great animation.

The pic of Sasuke on the left, I love. The one on the right sucks. But apparently, that's the one that has the better animation quality. But to me, it seems they traded in art for animation. So the animation may be terrific, but it means nothing to me when the art quality dips like that.

Last edited:

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
It's too soon to make comparison screenshot. Even more, don't use in between frame....

I like the good art with the bad animation, rather than the bad art with great animation.
Don't watch anime then... It's the animation the point
Even though I don't have too much hope on Hallow. Everything about Hallow screams a low budget anime.

Last edited: