Info - DGM DVD Covers & Info | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info DGM DVD Covers & Info

Gadwin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: dgm dvd info

I wish these DVDs had english subtitles with them, then id totally buy these

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

The 13th DVD (complete, limited pressing) was #8 for anime dvd ranking for feb. 6th-12th.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Surprised that information on the next two second season DVDs hasn't been posted yet...

The 2nd Stage 2 DVD will be released on April 2, 2008. Strangely enough, there is no limited edition release of this one (there are first-press copies, however. According to CDJapan, firstpress editions include: production material, story guide booklet, three-fold sleeve). It will contain episodes 56 to 59.

The 2nd Stage 3 DVD (in limited edition and regular edition) will be released on May 9, 2008. They will contain episodes 60 to 63.

According to CDJapan, the limited edition of the 3rd DVD includes a "deluxe booklet with art boards and story guide". Also included is a bonus drama CD; I wonder if that's the Christmas one mentioned earlier in this thread by rhapsody? (May seems a little late for it, though. xD)

YesAsia also has some DVDs (1-4, 9, 13, and the 2nd Stage ones) for sale, although I can't tell which version in the limited/regular series is which. ^^;; (If anyone wants to order these, though, YesAsia might be a better choice since they offer free shipping to certain places in Asia and North America with orders over a certain price (the DVDs will be over that, though) - not sure about Europe, though, sorry. The link to the North American version is here.)

As a final (random) note, the bonus disc from 13 has its own DVD case, the size of the regular cases. ^_^ The side isn't decorated the same way, though... so it looks weird in a stack of them all. Very random, though.

The 2nd Stage 4 DVD now has a release date: June 4, 2008.

(Yeah, does anyone besides me pay attention to this sort of thing anymore? xD)

Anyway, it'll have episodes 64 to 67. There's only one edition (although it has first press copies... but the bonus is nothing special, it seems. It's the usual three-fold sleeve and a story booklet).

Hm. I wonder why we don't have a cover for 2nd Stage 2 yet...

Last edited:

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

the limited edition and regular edition covers for the 3rd 2nd dvd are out!

regular edition

limited edtion

the limited edition will just include:
- production material
- story booklet
- three-fold sleeve

Last edited:

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Hm, kinda boring this time. :/

Neowing/CDJapan screwed up the volume 2 covers. xD The fact that some cover is there makes me suspect that it should be out and the site just made a mistake, though.

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

According to CDJapan, the limited edition of the 3rd DVD includes a "deluxe booklet with art boards and story guide". Also included is a bonus drama CD; I wonder if that's the Christmas one mentioned earlier in this thread by rhapsody? (May seems a little late for it, though. xD)
the christmas drama cd is only available for those who bought a certain amount during december so it is probably gone by now.

in 2ch long ago, a rumor was going around saying that the drama cd will be about an event at a hot spring.

i just noticed that the lavi limited edition cover said "d.gray-man 2nd stage 02" so this must be the 2nd dvd cover instead. the bonuses are the same one they used for the 1st stage. i updated the info in my earlier post.

anyway, the regular edition dvd cover for the 1st volume is out:

aniplex has posted a picture of the bonuses that is included in the limited edition of the first dvd

D.Gray-man 2nd Stage DVD 03 Info
Regular Edition Cover

Limited Edition

Both editions will include episodes 60-63. The limited edition will contain a drama CD and a deluxe booklet which will have a story guide and art boards.

The DVDs will be out on May 9th.

Last edited:

addenza

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Lenalee looks cool in the DVD cover.. Thanks for the info! ^^ (Hehheh... Can't use the "thank" button cause I still don't have 5 posts... >"<)

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

The DVD cover is very fanservicey for my taste, but other than that, it is fine.

Just a note, if you are planning to post this information and pictures elsewhere, make sure you cite the source. *cough*misscroftfromD.Graydivinityforum*cough*

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

That must be really upsetting, not being credited. :/

Anyway, question... There's no limited edition for the 2nd DVD, so what's up with the two covers? Is there a slipcase or something? (I guess I'll have this answered when I get my copy, but for everyone else...)

Info on the 2nd Stage 5th DVD is out.
It will be released on July 2nd, 2008 and will contain episodes 68 through 71 (so Asia branch members for the cover, maybe?). There is no limited edition, but the firstpress copies contain a "threefold sleeve design (D.Gray-Man version), smoke jacket package, [and] setting guide".

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

That must be really upsetting, not being credited. :/
it is very irritating...

Anyway, question... There's no limited edition for the 2nd DVD, so what's up with the two covers? Is there a slipcase or something? (I guess I'll have this answered when I get my copy, but for everyone else...)
The limited edition will just have the slipcase and deluxe booklet which contained story information and art boards. Nothing spectacular.

Info on the 2nd Stage 5th DVD is out.
It will be released on July 2nd, 2008 and will contain episodes 68 through 71 (so Asia branch members for the cover, maybe?). There is no limited edition, but the firstpress copies contain a "threefold sleeve design (D.Gray-Man version), smoke jacket package, [and] setting guide".
So the bonuses would be similar to the second DVD, I guess.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

The cover for the 2nd Stage 4th DVD is out!

It's Bak! <3

There's also a picture of the extra stuff (a booklet):

And also, info on the 2nd Stage 6th DVD. It releases on August 6th, and there will be a limited edition (with a CD - drama CD?) and a regular edition. No other information, though... (I'm guessing it'll have episodes 72-75.)

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

A bigger picture of the DVD cover:

harmaa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Best DVD cover ever? I think so!

Darklight0303

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Wow that looks brilliant can't wait for a bigger version

harmaa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sexy Bak still wins it for me, but that one is very, very nice as well.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Allen didn't need to pose cool. All he did was look over his shoulder to make it seriously AWESOME. XD

Shaddix

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Can we hear the dub somewhere?

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Allen didn't need to pose cool. All he did was look over his shoulder to make it seriously AWESOME. XD
OMG YES.

Okay, 2nd Stage 7: Released on September 9, it will contain episodes 76-79. First press bonuses (no limited edition) are a three-fold sleeve case, smoke jacket, and special booklet.

(I wonder if anyone reads these. XD If you are, listen to my rant: Apparently, Canadian customs thinks my DGM DVDs are hazardous or something. This is either the second or third time they've confiscated them and held them for weeks for no reason that I can see... at least, I hope they're holding this one this time.)