DC Comics Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

DC Comics Discussion Thread

wrstljr

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone explain the end of the last Teen Titans to me please...

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
From my understanding of it, the Titans of Tomorrow still have a chance of happening again. It's sort of a cop out showing that they we're fully erased and that, that continuity might still happen I think.

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is DC, there is always an alternate earth/timeline so I wasn't too bugged. Well except that it was a waste of space.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Speaking of the Teen Titans, is it just me, or is Batman acting like he's in "All-Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder" (minus the goddamn)?
And I don't know about you guys, but this "Titans Year One" title looks a little bit shaky to me.

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah what was the deal with his fatherly abuse?

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
drawn great though. anyways I was a fan of the Green Arrow's so I'm giving benefit of the doubt. DC is a tricky series, all the good stories are hard to find, like I highly recommend Countdown to mystery, but only half of it. The part about Dr. Fate is awesome but Eclipso does make for some interesting covers.

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can we all agree that Batman looks ridiculous with a gun in his hand. I understand how it works as a plot device...but hes Batman. A man who has personalized nearly every inch of his gear to be Batman-like, and yet he carries your standard handgun and holds it like a thug.

Every time I see him holding one I laugh a little to myself...so I've had quite a few laughs lately....

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, i don't know about you. But i chuckle everytime batman is "being batman", acting tough and scary. I think Superman have a higher "scare factor" than Batman. Look at what Big Blue said to Oracle on BoP #113. :D

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree, although Batman can be good but I think is just written too harshly most of the time.

Anybody read Arkham Asylum-Living Hell? I just got done with it a couple days ago and found it a pretty good read.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It's one of the fun read for Batman fans. The book shows how twisted the patients of the Asylum. :D
It's Dan Slott and Eric Powell (The Goon, Action Comics' "Escape from Bizarro World), so that book is just awesome! :D

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
then I say upload it >_>

I'm a big Dan Slott fan, I'm actually buying Avengers Initiative now... though not convinced on Spidey.

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mnnq1t

That should work I hope

Ok I'm slightly freaked out over Heath Ledger's death...It feels as though the Joker may have killed him.

I'm not trying to be funny or cute either. I've read about how troubling it was for Heath Ledger to get into the Jokers character, and the distress he was under psychologically while trying to prepare for the role....so I'm led to believe that somehow this couldve affected what happened today. Is it possible that his role as the joker may have actually driven him to this?

It's a sad day for movies in general...guy was a good actor, and produced a not only watchable but pretty damn good chick flick in 10 Things I Hate About you...its just too bad when young people die like this.

Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Very sad indeed, seems like the problems started with that movie. I can't imagine the dedication it requires to pull of a role like that, and the fact that it haunts him speaks volumes about his character.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Has anyone else been enjoying the Action Comics' Legion arc as much as I have lately??? I like how it's building up right now and how we'll finally get to see who they brought back during the lightning saga....

...speaking of the Legion...can someone explain to me if this Legion in Action is different from the Legion in the LoSH monthly??? I've never really kept up with the Legion much and I only started reading comics about 3 years ago anyhow....so I'm still a bit noobish with some series.

Oh and Countdown is really getting good now. I wonder how this is all going to finally end.....

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The Legion is Action Comics are a much older version of the monthly LoSH. There's not much different other than that. They still hate the United Planet (UP) and UP's feeling is mutual. :D

Did anyone notice how Brainiac looked a lot like the Joker when he said "What took you guys so long?!" (in Action Comics #861)? I was a bit freaked out when i saw that. :D

Last edited:

Lelo

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
Nice

So, has anyone seen The New Frontier dvd. If yeah is it good

Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
THe New Frontier DVD isn't bad, but it cuts a lot out. Basically it's a good way as an intro to New Frontier, but the comic is still better. As a movie on it's own I would say it's still quite enjoyable. I'd say to definitely rent it at the very least.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Is it just me, or is everyone here waiting to see what DC will mess up when Countdown ends and Final Crisis begins? :D

Lelo

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
^I'm waiting for Superman-Man of Steel to come out and them the Justice League movie too. I stopped reading the comics a while back, theres just too many, I do buy some here and there

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Y'know how Ironman and Hulk were big in 2008 in preperation for their movies?

Joker is going to be fucking awesome, go buy Batman >.> I thought Heth Ledger was scargy...