DC - 52 Weeks | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

DC - 52 Weeks

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks once again okyatoks. =)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks! And John RX also posted ish. 50 this week too.

52 WEEK 50

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/26714672/52_50__2007__RIP-Mia_.cbr

Only two more issues to go now... how far we've come... xD

And actually I still see a whole lot of story to be told. I wonder if they're going to do a new 52 series?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
They're not gonna do another 52. But they're gonna do Countdown, another weekly series that will lead to World War III. The Countdown starts at #51. Talk about messing up my numbering. DC really likes backward numbers. They did the same with Zero Hour, but this one's another weekly. Paul Dini will be writing Countdown, along with several writers. :D

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait there is still another war to be fought on Earth? I'm confused... After the 52 weeks didn't Bats, Super, and WW come back? I always thought that any "war" could be avoided with those big three governing and that Black Adam was the "war."

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, essentially I think that's what I wanted anyway. Another weekly series. So, cool. Do you know how long it will be?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
51 issue, GK! And that's a great question, here's the latest 52, #51!

Code:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1224911/DC_FiftyTwo_52_Week_051_2007_KryptoniaDCP.cbr

Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh lawd I read World War Three without touching any of the others, because honestly downloading 49 comics on rapidshare is really stoopid, but I found mediafire links and I have to say they better answer every question I have now. Though seriously
I liked the idea of Skeets being an evil robot a lot better then some cattipillar possed by an alien who is distinctively a Mr.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yea I picked up world war three without following this series and I became an instant Black Adam fan, I hope he gets a regular series. It's kind of getting old with the regular cast, I think having the JSA and Black adam really gives DC what the need, some fresh blood that isn't "Nightwing/Supergirl etc"

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, it did take a while to download them all on rapidshare (I seem to recall somebody mentioning a way to get past the "waiting period" though...)

Skeets was definitely better as an evil robot than the caterpillar. I was disappointed about that aspect of it.

You guys should give the whole series a read-over sometimes, though. World War III doesn't even begin to describe how well-written the whole plot was.

Well 52 is over... I have to admit ish. 52 seemed kind of underwhelming to me, I didn't expect it to end with a little private tug of war that only a select few knew anything about. But oh well, it was a fun ride :)

Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
We could continue this thread as Countdown or should it be another thread?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Maybe just change the title of this thread to Countdown now. Looks like it's going to be related after all.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks again okyatoks! I was wondering btw, you never said much about your own thoughts on 52 and everything - why are you helping so much with this particular comic? XD

okyatoks

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thanks again okyatoks! I was wondering btw, you never said much about your own thoughts on 52 and everything - why are you helping so much with this particular comic? XD
Thanks GK. I'm really a DC fan... But I usually read the comics after I've post them here... And lately I had my hands full at the office... That's why I've not given my two cents of the series... Glad you all enjoyed the comics... I did. But the only sad fact is that the series just ended where it started... the multiverse exists... :p... now what? :blink

I hope 51 will be good. :D

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Y'know since I love Animal Man's character in 52, when I got the chance to read his personal comic I was astounded. I thought that 52 was original but Morrison's 1990's run of Animal Man really built the character and a lot of the concepts. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but continuity has always been a big gripe of fans, and DC tried explaining continuity flaws with the Crisis and then "fix" the continuity with 52. Anyways I'm just rambling and not doing the series justice but if your waiting for Countdown and have lots of time on your hand check out this upload.

Shorin said:

from the pages of /co/, I bring this to you:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1297710/Morrisons_Animal_Man.rar

Grant Morrison's Animal Man, from issue one through issue 26.

http://www.io.com/~woodward/chroma/crtanimal.html

The above link is a page with annotations on the issues.

Fucking enjoy~