Anime - D.Gray-man Season 2 (Episode 52-103) Discussion | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime D.Gray-man Season 2 (Episode 52-103) Discussion

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: DGM Episode 103 (END)

I highly doubt that report from dgrayanime.com since they did not cite where they get that information. As of today, there is no mention on 2ch's DGM anime thread about the anime's taking a break or that they are making a new series.

Bones

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

I bearly post in D-Grayman section, but I always watch the anime and read manga.

The ending was actually good and for some reason I'm speechless.....lol. Maybe because I was always tired of thier lame jokes and to much help nakama...

I didn't watch some of episodes leading to finale episode since I read the manga, but final episode was great....

I hope they keep doing D- Gray-man episode like this thats if they bring it back.

Plus I think the reason why they stop was because the anime is so close to the manga....I mean really CLOSE....Make sense they decide to give it break.....If only anime like Bleach and Naruto would do that instaed of ruined the show and pump out OVAs instead.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Lol...no Eon..they are not continuing Inuyasha.
Oh, okay. Never really heard anything but rumours on it anyway. ^_^;;

Even if the anime did catch up to the manga, that's no reason to believe they will continue it in the future. If it would have been profitable, they'd have done fillers (Hoshino just skipped ahead three months and to mission filler, of all things); they could've done another season like that, as terrible as the anime filler was. They didn't.

See, in Japan, companies can be very heartless. If stuff doesn't sell as well, they cut it regardless of what the (few) fans want. I'm not saying that the anime is 100% over and we'll never see anything like it again, because who knows what will happen, but for now, just accept that it is. Enjoy the fifty or so decent episodes that were created and be happy that DGM got an anime. :)

Personally, I hope they had to stop it because of Hoshino's timeskip - there's no way Allen COULD have such a girly voice at seventeen. =P Unlikely, though~

Snow Melody

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

I'm really disappointed with this episode ending.....

Why did they end it like that??!!!

I know they don't have stories because of the mange hiatus, but they rushed the story and ignored a lot of stuff...

Why did they even bother themselves to add the last scenes (Earl's party, Lenalee innocence..etc) to the episode, they just made the story more complicated than before......... People who didn't read the manga will not understand how tikki survived and the Earl's new form..

and and what about Cross' resolution?? "I will tell you everything about the 14th, if you let me speak to Allen" T'hell?? Where did all that disappear to??

from what I saw I don't think there will be another season.. BYE BYE DGM anime.. *sob*

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

I believe the anime is only pausing. The anime is dangerously close to the manga (very CLOSE) so they had to end it. It'll be a long while till they animate a sequel (D.Gray-man Shippuuden!).

I also think the anime was quite popular. If it weren't, why continue to animate it up to 103 episodes?

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States

I believe the anime is only pausing. The anime is dangerously close to the manga (very CLOSE) so they had to end it. It'll be a long while till they animate a sequel (D.Gray-man Shippuuden!).

I also think the anime was quite popular. If it weren't, why continue to animate it up to 103 episodes?
They did the same with Inuyasha, in truth, they weren't going to continue the anime indefinitely anyway for DGM, it was supposed to end at episode 51 which is why it ended off the way it did. But it was renewed for another season due to the fact that its ratings were going uphill at the time. Now that they were low for the next season, they canned it because it wasn't profitable to the network.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Snow Melody: Well, duh... they left in the mysteries that were in the manga to get people to continue the series through reading it instead. Since the manga's ongoing, and the anime turned into an actual animated version rather than a standalone thing (read: piece of crap, if the earlier episodes were anything to go by), why would they want people to be satisfied with the ending and depart from the fandom? '

CrudeCross: I don't know about this, but maybe they had a contract for an entire second season and had to go for 103 episodes?

Jenovah

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Aren't they continuing the Inuyasha anime in a few years or something?

Yeah, from what I've heard of the ending, it does sound like Inuyasha, huh?
Thats what I though when I saw 103 as well.

endless_dream

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Yuurisan-subs are already out on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8vP7C9wtE

I keep forgetting to mention this but isn't Tyki's skin colour darker than his previous skin colour?

Last edited:

neomaster121

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Great episode
man i can't believe that they stopped there

endless_dream

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: DGM Episode 101

What's that got to do with D.Gray-Man??

kurosaki-seb

Reaction score
Country
Australia

are they goin to make another d-grayman/claymore followin the mangas?

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

At this point, no. There is nothing mentioned about it on 2ch yet.

winterwyrm

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

sad to see a series like that cancelled

Zibi234

Reaction score
Country
Poland

It's not that it got canceled..... but they didnt had enought manga material to continue.... since Hoshino was going on a hiatus (it took 5months... which is like 15-20 chapters) and makeing fillers wouldnt please people at all.... they would got mad like hell.... maybe there will be another season in future when manga will reach enought material.... but with those hoshino breaks it will take ages :P

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

Actually, the anime did get cancelled due to poor ratings and lack of merchandise sold.

DARK

Reaction score
Country
United States

Wow, Naruto and Bleach get worse ratings than One Piece? I thought they were the first and second best animes on their respective channel. I guess more people watch Fuji than TV Tokyo.

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Well you can put stamps on DGM all you want the anime was ok at best i grant that. Tho the ending has mayor cliffhangers in it, hinting to a possible continuation some day.
Perhaps at the present they realy dont know what to do with the anime, at best wait for more manga chapters and perhaps more animo for continuation.

The ending was if its a final end to it realy bad. You dont hint at whats to come if you want to end a series.

sasagib

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Oh, okay. Never really heard anything but rumours on it anyway. ^_^;;

naruto91

Reaction score
Country
Italy
sorry if this post has illused you, but i just found on youtube the 3rd opening of this anime. since its end i have totally forgotten about this anime, but listening that opening, i felt a "pain" in my heart. do you think there will be a chanse to see it continuing after the manga will be finished (like inuyasha)?