Misc Attempt - colour problem...? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt colour problem...?

cyberlime

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
so i cleaned this page with my windows:

here's the clean:

...problem is, when i view the cleaned one with my mac, its doesn't look clean anymore. some whites look gray....there are specks where i already cleaned....and it looks like i didnt clean it...

but then i view it with my windows again, n the whites look fine...

is it my monitor's problem? how do i fix it?

o and how was my clean? (if u dun see the colour diff i'm talkin bout...)XD

Last edited:

illiteracy

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, your leveling is off, the majority of the whites are only #fbfbfb(blacks are also underleveled a bit as well), so your "mac" isn't wrong. If you're talking about two separate computers with different monitors, then yeah, you just need to calibrate your monitor(high contrast is nice for distinguishing between different colors). If you're in doubt about whether or not something is white/black, just use the eyedropper tool to get the color code and check.

As for the actual cleaning, it's still quite dirty, a lot of specks are left. And obviously it's not quite leveled right(you can even see the rectangles you filled white to cover text in bubbles). The page could prolly be rotated although I'm not sure if people care about that with mag scans. Your use of a filter is probably tolerable, I don't have much of an opinion about filters in general though.

cyberlime

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
i know it looks horrible on my mac :( i think my windows monitor is too bright or sth and there are no specks. but i see a mess when i look with my mac :( (i hv a mac laptop)

i wish i can use photoshop on my mac but mine is only windows compatible

yeah i've tried the eyedropper thing and yeah the white is actually not pure white. so i inverted it and the black colour diff is much larger and i could level better...but i never had this problem before...this is weird...

here's the one i tried to level better with the help of inverting:

i increased the contrast on my mon but the whites still look the same (as in the grays look white). is there another way to calibrate my monitor so there's more colour difference?

and yeah the filter i used is not strong. i don't want it to look like a web comic (if u kno what i mean). the point of a filter is to make the the blacks looks less rough and easier to clean...not make it look like jelly haha. although i'm not sure if this filter is too much...i wanna keep it looking like it's drawn on paper XD

Last edited:

illiteracy

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Here's a website with a test image that sort of gives you an idea: http://www.photofriday.com/calibrate.php . A good deal of people do just invert if they're better at distinguishing a particular color, so that's not too uncommon really.

cyberlime

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
thats a nice site thankyou~
yeah i think i'm gonna have to invert now...annoying but its just one extra step i guess :) thx