Misc Attempt - cleaning attempt | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt cleaning attempt

blobsndrees

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried cleaning some raws i found, could i have some feedback please

here are the raws:

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Using that much of a filter really messes up the author's intent of what the art looks like. Just use a simple leveling (ctrl+L in photoshop) of around [35, 0.93, 231]. The raws are pretty crap, and there is more you can do to fix them than just leveling, but it might not be worth the time.

So here's a page with just leveling.

blobsndrees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried again, this time i lowered the filters from 10 to 4

blobsndrees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so if I just level it, it looks like this.
Is there anything else I can do to make it look better

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Still too much. Notice all the details that are being distorted or completely turned black. I'd recommend no filters.

---------- Post added September 27, 2011 at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was September 15, 2011 at 05:49 PM ----------

Oh, sorry your post was stuck in the moderated queue for some reason and so I didn't see it for a while. Also it messed up my post from before, well whatever.

Anyways I don't really see what needs improving there in the 3 in your most recent post. You may have leveled them slightly too darkly, but overall the line art is intact, and the grays look fine enough.

For the raws used in the first post, those have some odd scan lines. You can fix those up kinda quickly with the burn and dodge tools in photoshop (set to midtones and around 3-5%), but it might not be worth the time if you're cleaning a lot of pages at a time. As for fixing the sharpness in the patterns there, you can try using a 0.2 gaussian blur, or a very very small amount of filter that you used, before leveling.

Last edited: