Chapter - Claymore Chapter 143- The Bonds Left Behind | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Claymore Chapter 143- The Bonds Left Behind

What do you think the next major development will be?

• Raki Confronting Priscilla

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • The Ghosts getting Cassandra and Priscilla to fight

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Rubel encountering the Ghosts

• Priscilla attacking Rabona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something unexpected

• Something with Galatea of course

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Super Angillis

Reviewer
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Claymore Chapter 143- The Bonds Left Behind

Greetings and salutations. I welcome you to this months review of Claymore. With this chapter we transition, as several fights are over, on looks to be on the move, and a conflict of titanic proportions approaches. But enough talk, lets get to the meat of the review.

Clarice Forgotten-
We start up with Maita calling for her mother, and all the other Claymores holding their breath. After all loosing Clarice would be just the thing to make Maita awaken for real. As Galatea goes to tell Maita about Clarice, it turns out she already knows. She knows her momma is dead. She died a long time ago. What confuses Maita is why she feels so sad now? It seems that Clarice erased all of Maita's memories of her. She did this so that Maita wouldn't be driven to awaken by the pain of her loss. It really is a sad moment, but it drives home just how much Clarice loved her. But even so Maita's feelings for Clarice haven't fully vanished, and Galatea comforts her. This serves as a nice epilogue to the death of Clarice. It doesn't need to be spelled out, but even with Clarice gone Maita isn't alone now. Galatea and all the other Claymores are there with her. They may have been a bit worried about her awakening, but she isn't alone. And once again Yagi does an amazing job with Maita's facial expressions.

Cassandra Crushes-
As for the Cassandra fight, the ghosts have realized something. Priscilla has won her battle. And it didn't take as much out of her as they'd like. If they give Priss any chance to recover her strength, it's over. They can't beat her. As for Cass, she is reminded of her death, being attacked by people she didn't know. And it reminds her of Roxanne. Lars gets to take the worst of this, as he gets torn apart and smashed into a pulp. Guess the Awakened shouldn't have kept attacking her when she regained herself, eh? It quickly becomes clear they don't have any means of beating her. So Claire suggests they go back to plan A. Get her and Priss to fight. I got to say, it's amazing just how much better the number 1's always are than the rest of the generation. Once Cass got serious it just turned into a rout. Even Octavia agrees. Incidentally Octavia is a lot bigger than I thought she was. Somehow having the human portion of her body be giant sized only makes it stranger to me. Chronos for his part wants to avenge his bro Lars. Don't worry Chronos, I suspect that by the time this is over there won't be any awakened beings left on the island.

Rubel Runs-

As for Rubel, he's on his horse and hauling his ass as fast as he can. Too bad he knows it can't possibly be fast enough. Basically his only hope is to get off the island, and hope Priss doesn't feel like following. Yep, Rubel's smirk has finally been shattered, and it only too Priscilla to do it. And really it comes right back. But he sees something that might buy him some time... Looks like Raki is going to where Priss is. Is he going to get himself killed? I doubt it. But it looks like everyone is going to end up in the same place.

Only Almost Dead-
It turns out Dae isn't quite dead yet, thanks to self modifications. And he's really happy that Priscilla is eating his guts. Priss for her part really doesn't like it. Old man guts rank behind young women, young men, and young boys. Dae thinks there might be a sexual component to that, but Priss thinks he's just being creepy. And hey, lets face it not everything is about sex. Oh, and he notes there was no mention of little girls. Because Priss can't even see them. He figures he might as well give her one final parting gift. Seems that the last act of the human Priscilla, was to leave a wedge in her awakened self. A wedge that keeps her from even seeing the little girls. All in the hope that one day, one of these little girls would become a Claymore and kill her... Though I have to wonder if now that she's aware of it Priss won't be able to break that wedge, and start eating little girls.

Winner of the Month-
A bit tricky this month, but I think I'll give Dae the win over Cassandra. Dae still talking and being so happy about getting eaten does give him the edge over Cass beating her foes up.

number12michael

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.

Super Angillis

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States

littleangel

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

number12michael

Reaction score
Country
Canada